“Passionate Instructor and personal service”

Bophut Diving Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bophut Diving has been operating from Koh Samui’s world famous Bophut Fisherman’s Village for 22 years. Our company has earned respect within Koh Samui’s boating and diving community as the premium provider of combination island safari tours and premium diving expeditions. Our purpose built Diving Yacht Cruiser Sao Samui is based on the beach at Bophut Fisherman’s Village and is recognized as one of the island's premier boats. Bophut Diving provides the ultimate in Safety, Comfort, and Professionalism combining with great Fun. Whether it is for Private Boat Charters and adventure tours or full Scuba Diving services anywhere within the Chumpon Archipelago. “Bophut Diving offers a unique, first class service.”
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Passionate Instructor and personal service”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Headed for Nitrox course and two dives at Sail Rock and my GF did the AOWD and Nitrox, so we had a few days reviewing them.

Doing any course usually stands and falls with the instructor - we had Clive Bloor who runs the Lamai shop. He is a six year veteran in Samui and passionate about diving. Not one of the "young crowd who is there for fun" but living there with his family.

He only takes groups of 2 ppl and for the courses took education seriously. Even with the reduced Nitrox requirements he ran us through calculations etc. that are not really required by PADI anymore.

Conclusion - Personal service, adapted to the student, serious and passionate instructor.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Texmex81

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great group of guys, wonderful diving”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I used Bophut diving school to get my PADI in Jan11 and could not have been happier with the service I got.
Liam, the instructor that took me through the course made learning the facts and figures both fun and didn't make me think I was wasting my holiday sitting in a classroom learning rather than on the beach(It was only 1/2 day in the classroom, so not exactly arduos anyway). Apart from the standard videos Liam also sat down and talked me through any thing I was unclear or just didn't get, making the learning experience so much easier. On top of that all the instructors are an endless source of fun stories concerning their escapades on the island.
The diving was not quite as good as we would have liked, but that was all down to the weather. Despite this, the team did their best to get us to some great dive sites, and I managed to see a whole host of fish, eels, baracuda, stingray, trigger fish, angel fish and loads more. It was beautiful.
The 3 days we spent together on the island and boat were great , the diving was both professional and fun and at the end we all meet up for a beer in the local bar to celebrate me passing. These guys love what they do and it shows, and if only a little of that rubs of on you, it will be well worth it. Recommended!

Visited January 2011