“best papaya salad”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2012

visited 2 time on our 4 day visit to samui..this place is amazing for light snacks and superb cold or hot coffee..way better then other big name coffee places in Samui..Chawengs best Papaya Salad and Fish and chips.

1  Thank dannyraza

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Really nice for great coffee. good service, an airconditioned reprieve fron the heat and a lovely clean bathroom.

1  Thank 123free
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Now that Starbucks has moved from the top end of Chaweng I went again to The Coffee Club, hanging for a coffee.
It was not busy, around 3pm and maybe 4 customers.
I sat at the front and after 10 minutes started to wave and finally after a time someone arrived and asked if I was being looked after. Well no but I would like a coffee.
After another 5 minutes the waitress retuned with a menu. I said 'can I have a cappuccino'. She said she would be back....had no order book.
After a time she appeared with a book and took the order (so hard)
Some 10 minutes later a boy appeared with a coffee. I complained about the delay and he said they were so busy. I looked around and I was the only customer.
After having a coffee that was JUST ok I started to try to get attention for the bill. They hide behind the bar and back of a stair case and see nothing.
Finally they came and I asked for the bill. A long time later the bill arrived.
I placed the money in the folder and waited again. I got their attention and they came over and collected the money. After a very long delay a girl returned with the change.
This time she stayed, no problem, a tip in sight.
I opened the folder to see the 'old trick', of 10 x 1 baht coins stuck together, then, as many small coins as possible, graduating to small notes.
I looked for a while and the girl remained....funny that.
I walked out and took the lot, one baht’s and all.
The begger in the street was very happy!
This is the third and now the final time I will go there.
This place would be a gold mine if run even half correctly!
If you are planning to go there for a coffee, set aside about an hour for a single cup.
It is worth a ten minute walk down the road to Starbucks.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wow , it great here , nice and lovely serving , speaking perfect English , got what I ordered and enjoyed the whole time

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The service is terrible. We waiting for 10min and nobody showed to take our order. Ordering at the cashregister wasn't apprisiated. Finally the order was brought to our table and it was just half of it. Asking about it in a friendly way was to much to ask. Paying the bill was again taking about 15min. Would love to taste the food but don't want to take the afternoon off.