“Great dive!”

CSI: SAMUI Dive School
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving Koh Samui Thailand. We offer a full range of PADI courses and run daily dive tours to some of the best diving in the Gulf of Thailand. All our equipment is brand new and we have a 100% safety record. Come and dive with CSI:SAMUI and discover how diving is meant to be...
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I haven't dived in awhile and my friend is a non-diver keen to try the discovery scuba diving so on a recent trip to Koh Samui we decided to go diving with CSI since he's the best reviewed dive company on tripadvisor. Paul was indeed a funny fellow who has a knack of making you feel comfortable. He came to the hotel to meet with us pre-dive to have a short chat, sign the indemnity forms and to check our sizes for the equipment. On the dive day itself, Paul was punctual and came to pick us up from the hotel in his truck. There were other dive companies on the same boat like discovery dive centre etc and it was good to see that they all seemed to genuinely get along well and there was alot of joking around on the boat. The smoking bothered me abit cos I was a little sea sick but other than that it was okay. We first went to mango bay for a shore dive so my friend can familiarize herself abit. Paul walked her through most of the basics though she told me later that she wasn't sure if water was supposed to come into the nose part of her mask and she wasn't briefed on that so she was abit nervous throughout the first dive. Back on the boat there was curry chicken and stir fried veges for lunch. There was free flow of ice cold water and sodas as well. 2nd dive we saw more marine life and my friend was more comfortable by then and enjoyed her dive abit more. Paul took quite a few photos but these photos are chargeable at a 1000 baht which I thought was abit expensive so decided against it. Everything wrapped up smoothly and I was impressed with how we didn't have to lift a finger to help with the equipment and everything was handled professionally and swiftly. Special shout out to the boat crew who were friendly and helpful. Even helped me put on my fins! Never had a dive where someone helped me with my fins. Thanks, CSI Samui. :)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'll be honest, my gfriend was super excited to go diving, and I was SUPER nervous. CSI Samui's divemaster Paul understood both perspectives, alleviated my fears, and even came and met with us before the dive to describe what the dive would be like and what we would be seeing. What service! The dives the next day were PHENOMENAL. Though the visibility wasn't the best the day we went, Paul made the experience an incredible one by guiding us to and pointing out the most incredible life underwater, and by making us feel safe and comfortable the entire time. He is a really fun, funny, and knowledgeable guy. I was so happy after the dives that I wanted to go again... :)

1  Thank ConstantTraveler_971
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went diving with CSI twice and I was really impressed with their quality and reliability. Paul really makes an effort to tailor the dives to the expectations, experience and needs of each diver.
I was just out of a fasting retreat and my body was quite weak so Paul made sure that I could relax and enjoy the dives while he kept everything under control. It was only me and Paul on the dive, which relly made a different because he gave me the choice between deeper and more challenging or more shallow, relaxed and colourful dive. The personalized service makes each dive the most amazing experience.

1  Thank conlamaleta
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I are recently back from a trip to Thailand where we had the pleasure of spending 4 days diving with Paul and his CSI Samui dive school! Before we left for Thailand we did some research here on TA and we were so impressed with the reviews that we emailed Paul and booked our dives straight away. Paul was professional and informative from the offset, (as well as being very reasonably priced compared to other dive schools!) Even though my boyfriend and I were at different levels of diving experience, Paul assured us that he would be able to accomodate us both and that we could still dive together. When we arrived on Koh Samui, Paul picked us up from our hotel and we spent the day doing a bit of theory and going over stuff in the pool! Paul was extremely patient and explained everything perfectly! He is an excellent teacher. The next morning he picked us up from our hotel again and we headed out on the boat to our first dive site, Sail Rock. The boat and crew were brilliant and all of Paul's equipment is top notch. I was a bit nervous as it was my first time diving but Paul was really patient and reassuring and the dive site did not disappoint! We spent the next few days at various dive sites exploring, practicing our skills and taking in the beautiful scenery. Not only did we have a fantastic few days with Paul, but he made sure to email us all of the pictures he took with his underwater camera when we got home! I would definitely recommend booking your dives with CSI Samui! Paul is a great character who really knows how to look after his clients. You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank A_crean
Reviewed August 21, 2012

When we first started planing our trip, we decided that we wanted to try Diving for the first time, so we selected CSI because it was the number 1 in tripadvisor and it was for sure the best decision. Since I first booked with Paul by email he was very helpfull in clarify all my doubts, the day before the Diving he went to our hotel to get to know us, check our size and explain us a litle bit more, Know I realize that this first contact is to make you feel more confortable, and he totally accomplished it as my wife was quite nerveous. Unfortunately the night before the Diving Paul had a small motorcicle accident, which didnt keep him for picking us up at our hotel at the agreed time. He took us to the pier and introduce us to Mark who is a Diving instructor who works with him, as Paul was unable to dive because of the injuries. The boat trip to Koh Tao was very nice, the island is beautiful, the equipment is first quality and Mark was incredibly warm, patience and fun. He made us feel very confortable and safe at all time and tried his best for us to enjoy as much as possible this first experience. For my wife he was a great help.
Long story short, we enjoyed it so much that we want to come back and repeat, and we will. If you want to dive dont search any more for sure this is the best option.

1  Thank udos1