“Waste of my money”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Other reviews of this restaurant imply that it is located in Bophut - when in fact it is in North Chaweng. We passed here a couple of times before eating here - when we did decide to eat here it was a Sunday night - with few people around. We were the only patrons.
Not a great location. If other reviews are to be believed - the USP of this place is its' location - across the street from a resort, and the food. IMO the food is terrible. I mean terrible. People typically submit a review here when the food is great or terrible, with not much in between. This place was well decorated and had the potential to be a vibrant and lively restaurant but the food we ate was poor standard. Chicken satay that your grandmother would have thought to be bland - coupled with spring rolls that contained just one veg - (they weren't too bad actually) followed by a pizza that a five year old could have made witha ketchup base. For the money we could have dined in a local thai place that we discovered - with plenty of change left over to buy some drinks elswhere.
This place is overpriced for the quality of food on offer. In fact,if it was significantly cheaper I still would not eat here. I like food. I like tasty food. I like tasty food at fair prices. I will pay above average for tasty food. But I HATE wasting my money. This place was a WASTE of my money.

2  Thank Sidmac5

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We ate at this restaurant at least 8 times the food is fresh and fantastic especially the steak the best I have ever had! The owners are so nice, its a place to relax eat and drink at very good prices. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want great food and cheap prices. They have a barbeque night on Monday nights you choose your meat and then they bbq it for you this is a must try! Its only 5 mins away from the main strip of Chaweng beach, it is across the road from the Anantara Lawana resort.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

This restaurant was opened by a dutch couple who want to get away from their routine life in Holland 6 months ago. They made it great with nice touches and a clean and lovely toilet which you can not find in others easily in Koh Samui.
The cousine is diverge and any one can find something suitable for his own taste easily. I would highly recommend clear vegetable soup and the Monday all you can eat barbeque night (only 199 bahts).
The restaurant is especially very convenient for the people staying at Anantara Lawana resort as it's just accross the street and much cheeper.
I would also like to thank the waiter from Burma who was very kind and helpfull to us and to our 6 years old girl.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Lovely couple run this restaurant / bar. It was so nice to get away from the high prices of the hotel (we were staying at the Anantara Lawana opposite). The wine quality (even by the glass) was great, the standard European menu was lovely but the gem was their Thai food. This was the best we had during our stay anywhere, plus they tailor it to how you like it. The Chang beer was also excellent although a tad strong! The Gin & Tonics also a bit lively!

Sure you dont get a view of the Sea, but if you fancy keeping cool away from the busy crowds, this is quality without the pricetag. Would recommend as much for lunch as for an evening meal. They did a Thai themed dining night on a wednesday which was popular. In a word, excellent.