There is a part of me that did not want to write a review of this resort as I want to keep it all to myself but then I realized that if I did not write about it, it might not be there when we return - which we will most definitely do.
We arrived at the Koh Samui airport at 9pm and had arranged for the hotel car to pick us up. The driver was there on time and helped load our luggage. It was a short 15 minute drive to our hotel. At check in we were asked to sit on these deep sofas and were brought delicious refreshing coconut drinks and cold towels. What a way to start our vacation.
We were escorted to our room - at our leisure which was so nice and relaxing. My husband and I were traveling with our 14 year old daughter. At booking I had requested bedding for my daughter. When we arrived in our room her bed was already there and made.
We had a beach front villa. The room was quite large with a poster king size bed, a large flat screen TV, exposed tub (too bad we had our daughter with us), a huge glass shower with rain faucet and hand held, double sinks, a nice size closet area and a large balcony.
When we woke the next morning we realized how absolutely beautiful the resort really was. Arriving at night it was so dark that we had no idea what we had in store for ourselves. Our balcony looked out onto the water and the beach. it was a beautiful sight to wake up to. The pool (where we spent most of our time) is a very large infinity pool so when you are laying out it seems the pool and the sea are one. In the pool is seating with jets which made for a very relaxing experience.
The staff at this hotel is amazing. After the first day, the guys set up our chairs for us without us even asking so after breakfast we went straight to our already set up place. Drinks and food were brought poolside for us. And they even had a mid-day happy hour with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The staff would come to you to let you know that happy hour had begun so you did not miss out on the bargain. My daughter had a banana smoothie which was delicious. Other drinks were wonderful also.
The food at the hotel is delicious. There is a breakfast bar set up but you can also order eggs in various styles. Lunch was great also. My husband loved the ham and cheese sandwich. We did not have dinner there but the menu looked amazing. Desserts are definitely something you should try. Especially if you have them on the balcony upstairs. Beautiful view and relaxing.
On the beach in front of the hotel is a place to rent jet skis - which of course we did. And the resort is a short walk from the Fisherman's Village which has a wonderful Thai restaurant (the one in the wood building) and a delicious Italian restaurant (Villa Bianca).
Definitely take the 4 hour trip to see the amazing sights of Koh Samui even though it is difficult to tear yourself away from the resort. We had such a great time with Kit and saw some amazing and beautiful places. Plus did some shopping!!!!
There really is no way to fully describe the beauty of this place or the kindness of the staff. What I can say is that thanks to Supit, Kit and everyone at Hansar, we returned to Singapore much more relaxed and very much looking forward to our next trip to Koh Samui and Hansar as we would not stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut