We stayed here for 3 nights in February 2014, in 2 rooms overlooking the pool and sea, both on the 2nd floor. Overall we had a really lovely time and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
The location is fabulous - set on the beach, with Fisherman's Village (restaurants, bars, shops, massage places) just steps away - there are amazing views from the pool area and around the hotel.
We (especially teenagers) enjoyed the free wifi, and other nice touches included free bottles of water handed out around the pool, as well as plenty left in the rooms.
The only negatives we found were:
1. Breakfast - both service and food. There were quite a lot of young waiters, mainly standing around giggling amongst themselves, and they didn't seem to know what to do - they could really have done with more supervision and someone taking charge. For example although extra coffees were served when we requested them, none of the cups and saucers were removed, and neither were the empty plates taken until we stood up to leave. So at one point we had 10 dirty plates, 4 empty glasses and 6 empty coffee cups on our table! Also the food offering was quite limited - at one point there were only a few pieces of lime left on the whole the fruit station, and no croissants or pastries left at all on the display, upstairs or downstairs. When they were eventually replenished, the lady carefully arranged 6 croissants on a plate and took the others back to the kitchen - even though 3 people were waiting to take them! They need to be much quicker to refill, especially at busier times.
2. Rooms are fabulously trendy - we absolutely loved the style - but discovered they were not very functional.There was very limited drawer / storage space if you wanted to unpack, no hanging space for longer items (dresses or long trousers), very dark lighting around mirrors (so tricky to do make up / hair), the aircon was so fierce that even on minimum the curtains were blowing as if in gale force winds, and the water pressure was so low that it took ages to shower under the rain shower.
So a few improvements could be made - but the location was wonderful and we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut