My wife and I were traveling throughout Thailand. This was the last 2 nights of our trip. We were tired. In the beginning we got a room that was technically ocean view, but turned out it was more like 10% ocean view from the side. It also had a particular odor that must have been with the AC. The first night we were not 100% happy so we talked with the front desk and they moved us to a much nicer room with ocean view :) This made us very happy. The night before we ate at the H Bistro and was thoroughly impressed with the views and the food. The thai food was great at that restaurant. We met Tiger, the manager of the pool bar and the restaurant. He made us feel very welcome. We found out about life on the island and about Thailand. We really connected with him. The next day we spent all day at the beach and the pool. Tiger found us and stayed and chatted more about the hotel and Thailand. My wife and I really liked him and he made us feel like family there. I am sure he probably runs into a lot of people like this and this is just how he is, but he made the trip very worthwhile. If you see a young guy with a baldhead working at the pool bar or at H Bistro don't be afraid to talk to him or ask him for help...he's awesome. So overall the location and the premises were very nice. The ocean was excellent to swim in. Every day you can take a short walk to Fisherman's village and it so fun...it's what we should have here in LA instead of the Venice Beach's or Manhattan beach strips. Lots of places to shop and eat. Highly recommended. Lastly, the spa was the most beautiful of all the massage and spa locations we went to all trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut