This was our 10th anniversary celebration and we stayed 3 nights with our 20-month-old daughter. It was a first class experience from start to finish, from the airport transfer, check-in to the rooms. We stayed in a ground floor sea view XL room and it was beautiful. Everything was clean and modern. The mattress and pillows were too soft for our liking, but the staff were able to provide a firmer pillow upon request. It was a bit inconvenient that there was no door to the shower, and we had to keep our daughter occupied in the room so she didn't chance upon us in the shower!
We had babysitters come in on 2 days so we could go for couples massage. Their housekeepers doubled up as babysitters and they were so good with my girl, she didn't even look for us once! The fact that they didn't speak much English didn't hinder their playtime at all! We did have to provide the toys as they came empty-handed. There is also no playground or play area at this resort for children. Thankfully my girl was quite happy with the toys we brought along.
It was the rainy season in Koh Samui but that gave us the perfect temperature to relax. Most days were cool and cloudy, a welcome change from sweltering heat back home. We did manage to spend a morning in the pool which was lovely. The beach is quiet and clean, though the sand was rather coarse.
H-Bistro, the in-house restaurant, has excellent food. We ate half our meals there! They serve Thai and Western/French cuisine, all of which were extremely tasty. They were also able to customise a meal for my picky-eating toddler.
It is a short walk to Fisherman's village with good food and shopping. We also hired a hotel driver to take us around for 4 hours one day and they were able to get us a car with a child seat. Impressive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut