“Practically Perfect!!”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hansar as the final couple of days of our honeymoon. There is nothing I can fault about the resort. The food was fantastic, all meals that we took were fresh, spectacular and flavoursome. The rooms were beautiful. With a large comfortable bed, balcony and huge shower - definitely room for two.
The pool is lovely, overlooking the beach and within very close proximity to the bar and our rooms - very convenient.
Happy hour three times a day was excellent and the variety of cocktails on offer was great. A cocktail that tastes like thai soup is definitely one I recommend.
The most fantastic thing about this hotel was definitely the service. Genuine, friendly smiles from all staff, whenever they passed by, and whenever we were served. Nothing was too much trouble, and offers of help were always forthcoming.
The location is at the end of the Walking Street at Fisherman's Village - far enough away that there is no disruption to peaceful relaxing, but close enough that a two minute walk gets you to the village.
I highly recommend a stay at this resort!!!!

1  Thank Pelli11

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Have travelled round the world and this is now in the 3 top hotels I have stayed in.
Excellent service, quality well maintained rooms with fantastic views. We stayed top level with views to Kho Phangan and beyond. The hotel was pleasantly quiet although rated as full.
Excellent value for money, convenience of staying within a stones throw of the Fishermans Village.
Our time in Kho Samui was limited due to work and this satisfied everything that we needed for a relaxing break.
It's proximity to the airport also helped in saving valuable time.
The pool is sumptuous and night swimming a delight.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room 1312 was fantastic ... Although I wouldn't really want to be on the ground floor... So...
1  Thank Lucy N
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Sam is horrible! I dont know if he was really the hotel manager at all because he was not accomodating and lazy. He gave me a face of there's nothing we can do. I booked my stay on agoda paying the higher price the best room they had and i called the hotel to inform them of my honeymoon stay. We just got married on Sunday and I was excited to hear about other peoples review of their honeymoon. What I read was wrong! They gave us the cheapest room and placed semi dead flowers into a heart shape. They gave me an awful room, room 1310 which gave me an obstructed view of the ocean because of the palm tree. They didn't have good customer service at all. You have to walk three flights of stairs to go up. I also rented a car which was a nissan and the drivers seat door opens without a key, but that was the least of my problems. They didn't have enough parking, so in order to park the car you would have to leave the key with the front desk. The next day when we pick up the car it is filled with cigarette smoke. I don't smoke and my wife is allergic to the smell. The price was for a 5 star hotel with a 2 star hotel experience. Stay here as a last resort and dont tell them its ur honeymoon!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank danielk1214
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in may for 5 nights as part of a month long tour around thailand and Malaysia and it was amazing. We literally could not nitpick on anything. The location is superb. Bophut as it is smaller than chaweng is definitely nicer to stay. And the hotel is perfectly situated only minutes from fisherman's village yet feels secluded. The food is excellent especially the strawberry mojitos two for one at lunch. Goes great with the club Sandwich sitting by the pool lazing. Free WiFi which work at the pool as well. I'm a tech head so vastly important to me. Breakfast has a large buffet and eggs on demand. Staff incredibly friendly and allowed us use of a spare room at no charge to refresh as our flight did not leave until 10pm. Perfect is the only word

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickeytheshoe
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 love nights and we literally loved every minute of our stay. The rooms are fabulously clean and well maintained. The pool is overlooking the sea and the size of the pool is huge. They do have a wonderful beach to swim at. The staffs are friendly and warm, the restaurant is very good.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Larimma54
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for 5 nights during on Honeymoon in October 2013.

We checked in rather early (10 a.m), but were granted our room right away. The staff showed us to our room and showed us how the amenities in the room operated. They also made a heart out of rose petals which was a nice touch. The first night, we were surprised to enter our room to see a happy honeymoon cake awaiting us on the bed. The resort even booked tours for us, with the tour company I had requested, rather than trying to push a different tour company on us. A big shout out to Samney, who allowed us to stay in our room until 4 p.m. on checkout day as we had a late flight out of Koh Samui, and was very helpful to us throughout our stay (he even said goodbye to us, when he wasn't even working, before we left).

We had a standard room, on the top floor, right in the middle, which resulted in amazing views of the ocean and neighboring islands throughout our stay. It is in a great location, just steps from Fishermans Village, which has plenty of shopping and restaurants (if you can, stay on a Friday night for the walking market).

The complimentary breakfast every morning had a great range of options and delicious coffee. The pool area is very clean, as is the outdoor bar area. I love how the resort has a lot of wooden architecture throughout, as it looks very fresh. We never ate at the restaurant, but it looked nice.

The entire staff were very nice and even helped my Wife and I ignite one of the Thai lanterns out on the beach.

The beach was very nice, though the sand is a bit coarse, it doesn't preclude one from enjoying the beach. Additionally, the location is awesome, as you can get away from the dinginess that is Chaweng.

Overall, I will be staying at this resort on our next trip to Koh Samui as I can't fathom staying elsewhere.

3  Thank cschon8
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We loved the Hansar so much on our first visit last year, we rebooked for 10 nights this past June (within a few weeks of arriving home last year).

As we arrived before check-in we had to wait for our room to be ready, so we headed down the bar. We were pleasantly surprised that no less than four staff members immediately remembered us from our trip the previous year. We were made to feel so warmly welcome it was like coming home.

It's all been said before. The rooms are gorgeous, the location perfect and the service and food second to none.

We were thoroughly spoilt by the staff in the pool bar. They always greeted us using our first names and every day popped by our favorite loungers to see how we were going. Nothing was too much trouble. They had a keen eye for seeing us coming and our favourite drinks were ready for us before we even reached the bar! Special thanks to Dom, San, Pang and Aeon who truly went out of their way to ensure we were well and truly looked after and made to feel at home. Not to mention, they can all make a killer capiroska!

The staff are really what makes this place. The personalised, friendly service from each and every staff member is what absolutely makes the Hansar stand out as a truly fabulous hotel. Hands down our favourite hotel in Thailand and we would return in a heartbeat.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel for couples, honeymooners etc. This is not the place for families; not that they are not made to feel welcome but the rooms (balconies), lack of kids club etc are really geared towards couples/adults.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the middle of the building are the rooms with the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple