This is our second visit to the Hansar, and we are incredibly happy that we chose to return.
This visit we spent 2 weeks at the hotel with a plan to do nothing but rest and relax. The Hansar made this possible.
After longs flights and travel we arrived at the hotel around 9pm. After being picked up by the hotel car we took a swim in the fabulous infinity pool and all that stress went and we were officially on holidays.
I think the nicest part was the familiarity, already knowing what we did and didn't like from last time and slipping straight into it.
The first time we stayed at the Hansar we were in an XL sea view room on the middle floor.
This time we just stayed in the sea view room on the top floor and it was still fantastic and a great size.
Pretty much all the rooms have a great view. We actually preferred the smaller room as the air-conditioning was not loud as it was in the XL room. And whilst the XL has a lovely bath in the middle of the room, we tripped over it more than we used it first time round.
All rooms have the kooky lighting panel and a fairly open bathroom - at least we were prepared for it this time.
And yes, there are no lifts - so stairs it is. But really, it's not that bad and once you are in the room, you don't care about the stairs. And the rooms were always cleaned impeccably each day.
Having breakfast included makes for an easy start to the day. The dining rooms all have fantastic open views over the water. We chose to sit upstairs which didn't open until 8am and was a bit quieter although the spread was slightly smaller. We were lucky enough to have Jeab who made the start of our day a delight. With her, we didn't have to tell her our room number, coffee order and breakfast preference everyday - she remembered. We love strong coffee and lots of it and Bee got it right every time. When Jeab was on a day off he made sure we were looked after.
We had great meals poolside and a great way to do lunch. Dinner and the food in the restaurant was fantastic. The attention to detail and quality was the best we had on the island. Whilst not cheap, the professional and technical execution was incredible. My partner had the lamb from the European menu a few times and not because there was nothing else on offer but because it was so good. Sometimes the service can be a touch over-enthusiastic and eager to ensure everything is all OK, but that tends to be a Thailand thing.
Fantastic infinity pool that allows you to overlook the water and the islands. Great service from Dom. He remembered us from our last stay and his personalised and friendly service made every day a pleasure. As a couple, we were happy there were very few children at the hotel. The pool offers lots of lounges and chilled water is always on hand. There are 3 happy hours through the day with 2 for one drinks. Aon was also incredibly nice and welcoming.
Bophut is quieter than Chaweng which is about 15-20min away by car. But that was the way we liked it. Chaweng is too brash and not what we were after. But a cab is 400 baht or the hotel car is 500 baht to go there. There is Fisherman's Village which has a lot of restaurants and bars as well as a night street market on a Friday and I think Saturday night. The sand is a bit coarser than Chaweng, but the pool was so good, there was less need to go down to the beach.
Joy on the front desk treated us like long lost friends and made everything we needed happen. Mon was also lovely. And Ingrid was always walking through the hotel greeting guests.
Everything was so good, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut