The positives. Modern design of hotel and rooms. Comfortable bed. Good location near Fisherman's Village where there is a great vibe and great places to eat. The food in the restaurant is excellent, and while I would not stay in this hotel again I would come back to their restaurant. The negatives. Horizon pool looks nice but is small for the size of hotel especially as the beach is not clean for swimming here. I got a severe ear infection the day after swimming in the hotel pool. Yes, this could be a coincidence but they chlorinated the pool for two days following knowing I had the ear infection (there was no chlorine smell in the pool when I swam in it and a pronounced smell walking past on the following days). Again, could be coincidence. The level of assistance offered and care and interest shown by the majority of hotel staff/management was minimal. Asking for a doctor, I was advised I would need to go to a hospital and that they could call me a taxi if required. I am surprised that this was the extent of assistance, given the size of the hotel. There was only one member of staff who seemed genuinely concerned for my wellbeing given I spent 5 days mostly in the room, and brought flowers to my room one day. We stayed at Poppies for 10 days prior to staying at Hansar and have stayed at Buri Rasa previously as well. The contrast in how guests are treated there compared to Hansar is pronounced. Poppies and Buri Rasa made me feel like family, and all this in beautiful surrounds with fantastic facilities. For me, this care and attention was lacking at Hansar. This is why I will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut