“I will not return here”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The positives. Modern design of hotel and rooms. Comfortable bed. Good location near Fisherman's Village where there is a great vibe and great places to eat. The food in the restaurant is excellent, and while I would not stay in this hotel again I would come back to their restaurant. The negatives. Horizon pool looks nice but is small for the size of hotel especially as the beach is not clean for swimming here. I got a severe ear infection the day after swimming in the hotel pool. Yes, this could be a coincidence but they chlorinated the pool for two days following knowing I had the ear infection (there was no chlorine smell in the pool when I swam in it and a pronounced smell walking past on the following days). Again, could be coincidence. The level of assistance offered and care and interest shown by the majority of hotel staff/management was minimal. Asking for a doctor, I was advised I would need to go to a hospital and that they could call me a taxi if required. I am surprised that this was the extent of assistance, given the size of the hotel. There was only one member of staff who seemed genuinely concerned for my wellbeing given I spent 5 days mostly in the room, and brought flowers to my room one day. We stayed at Poppies for 10 days prior to staying at Hansar and have stayed at Buri Rasa previously as well. The contrast in how guests are treated there compared to Hansar is pronounced. Poppies and Buri Rasa made me feel like family, and all this in beautiful surrounds with fantastic facilities. For me, this care and attention was lacking at Hansar. This is why I will not return.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Libsonhols

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is nicely decorated to make you feel peaceful and relax. What impressed me most is the excellent service. Bottles of cool water and nice beach towels will be served whenever you sit at the pool. We also got a lovely birthday cake though we hadn't told anyone it was my boy friend's birthday during our stay.

1  Thank bear_rabbit2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We heard mixed reviews on this hotel but were pleased with our stay.

The downside:

Breakfast, mosquitos (everywhere in thailand), beach bar is dated, service

The upside:

Best hotel on the beach in Bohput, proximity to fishermans village, pool, spa, restaurant (lunch/dinner)

1  Thank Dla1383
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you're going to Samui this is the place to stay. Cannot say enough about this hotel from the stunning lobby with views of infinity pool and the beach, courteous and attentive service, great breakfast (honestly one of the best eggs benedicts I've had anywhere at any price), and nice rooms with rain shower. It's also at the entrance to the fisherman's village which is an added bonus. 2 minute walking distance to restaurants, laundry, motorbike rental, etc.

2  Thank ripfuel45
Reviewed September 24, 2013

As I sit here on my deck chair at the infinity pool I know I've made the best holiday decision by staying at the hansar!

The location is perfect!!! You don't need to go exploring for good restaurants as they are in walking distance, 2 mins from the hotel. The tourist shopping is the best in koh Samui with the fishermans village 2 mins away. If you need to go out, there are some major malls 10 mins by taxi.

The facilities at the hansar are amazing and the staff are exceptional! And the wifi us very very fast.

The rooms are great and bed is very comfortable!

The gym is in great condition and kept clean.

The food at the hotel is magnificence !!! And happy hour is a blast. The staff keep you very very happy.

There is no doubt in my mind we will stay here again. It's the perfect escape.

Thank you hansar for a wonderful holiday

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sumaira711
Reviewed September 24, 2013

So, this is my special trip to Koh Samui for being my best friend's bridesmaid..
We were picked from USM airport by hotel shuttle and once we reached the hotel, all I can say is WOW..

I fall in love with this hotel at the first sight..
Such a lovely and warm hotel, especially when we were delivered to our room.
We stayed in room no 2201 which means located on second building and second floor, facing the swimming pool.
Huge room for 3 of us, three of us sat on the terrace for an hour, just to breathe the fresh air, enjoying the view, reading book and chill.. Super relaxing! Then we cant stand just by looking at the pool without swim.. The private beach is also nice and clean..
We had lunch at Fisherman Village, lots of restaurant, cafe, and bar..
Price is not as cheap as at Patong-Phuket but still ok..

My best friend's wedding is on the next day, the decoration is nice, the hotel prepared Thai long drum to start the wedding ceremony, I really feel goosebump while walking down from our room till the aisle.. Overall that was the most beautiful wedding that I've ever attended.
Reception dinner is also nice prepared..
Everything is just perfect..

This place is perfect for honeymoon as well, as you may want to see the pictures that I post..

If I get chance to visit Samui again, I'll definitely will stay at this hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank meltandun
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The resort was located in an excellent location, on the beach, and had great views of the islands. It was within walking distance of Fishermen's Village, where there is shopping and a great variety of restaurants. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. They had excellent service in the restaurants, and throughout the entire hotel. Their rooms very large and well designed. The service for the rooms were impeccable. The rooms were well supplied and service was provided many times throughout the day. The facilities were superb, beautiful landscaping, swimming pool, and health club. It is a very nice and peaceful place to relax. Also, it is a great facility to hold meetings.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are very private, quiet and have the best views of the beach and islands.