This is an outstanding hotel which is perfectly positioned on Bophut beach next to Fisherman's Walk.
Our stay during August couldn't have been better. We'd first checked in to the neighbouring Bandara Resort & Spa - which unfortunately didn't work out - and therefore needed to move hotels for the final week of our stay on Samui and whilst the Hansar was already pretty much fully booked Sam (Front Office Manager) and Mon couldn't have done more to find the rooms they needed to fit us in.
The rooms themselves are superbly appointed and all enjoy pool and sea views so its fairly difficult to end up badly positioned in the hotel. We were fortunate enough to also experience the Beach Front XL room and being able to sit out on the large patio area, watch the sun come up over the hill, and the beach come to life was fantastic.
As is typically customary in Thailand, the staff in the hotel are friendly and helpful and the service is attentive without being claustrophobic.
The food is excellent and the breakfast was outstanding. The Beach Bar is great (would recommend the Tom Yum cocktails) especially if Pang is on ! And if you can get the timing right you can take advantage of Happy Hour (2nd of 3 during the day) before you go off for dinner and then make it back for the final one later in the evening before retiring for bed.
The only suggestion I'd make for improvement is in the Fitness Centre. A bit more equipment, especially some barbell free weights and heavier dumbbells, wouldn't go amiss for those of us who are hung up enough to want to keep on training whilst they are actually supposed to be relaxing on holiday.
I'd strongly recommend the hotel and would have no hesitation in staying there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut