“Loved every minute!”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had no idea - Koh Samui Thailand? My husband and I took a month long trip to Asia and he chose this destination. I've been to Thailand twice before, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. First time in Koh Samui. We were picked up at the airport and 20 minutes later checking in at the Hansar Samui. I don't know what we did to get upgraded, but my goodness! They put us in a beachfront suite. It was so pretty! The room itself was very nice, spacious, clean and very modern décor. We enjoyed the cocktail hours at he outside bar, but we were also within easy walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. We had breakfast at the Hansar Samui each morning, and the food was delicious and plenty of variety, all served by gracious smiling people. By the way, we had just come from the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, if that gives you any idea of the quality of the sort of hotels we are accustomed to. I had an accident in my room and felt the need for medical attention which was all arranged for me by the efficient front desk staff, the hospital in the town is very good, we were in and out in about 30 minutes and that included x-rays. We went to the spa which was very beautiful and had very spacious treatment rooms. I had an hour massage which was somewhat excrutiating at first, but I asked for less pressure and then it was perfect. Would I want to go to this hotel again? Absolutely! Here's a bit about Bophut Beach. We love beach vacations and own property on the beach in the Caribbean and live a mile from the beach in Florida, (we go to the beach all the time) so we were not as disappointed as some travelers may be about the beach. The sand is extremely coarse, like small pebbles almost, and walking in it is very difficult, like walking in quick sand. I did not swim in either the pool or the beach, there were too many other things to do. I loved this boutique hotel and I don't think it was very expensive. Perhaps a third of what we paid for each night at the Mandarin. Go there and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: The beachfront room is across a narrow street from the beach. Your veranda is not very private howev...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank reno-52
Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Never stayed here before .what a great place.stayed in a suite on 2nd floor and we could not fault it.pool is great and lunch snacks large and good value.would stay here again
Did not try the resturant as the menus did not suit our tastes,breakfast could of been better as most of the hot buffet was cold.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Bruce K
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hansar for 7 nights for our honeymoon just recently. We booked a seaview XL room and got middle of the building and the view was amazing! The room is beautiful, romantic and modern. The staff at Hansar are so friendly and helpful in particular Ingrid and trainee Tittie were so friendly. The little things is what makes Hansar stand out - rose and chocolates every night, travel adaptor in room and bottled water. I would definitely stay here again and recommend my family and friends. Thank you Hansar you helped make our honeymoon a very memorable experience :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank EmmaK82
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hansar Resort in Koh Samui and wanted to let everyone know how truly great it was! The whole experience was top notch, with really excellent spa,great rooms and some of the nicest and most attentive staff I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. They seemed to know what I wanted before I even asked for it!

The best aspect of the place for me was the stunning location. Its white sandy beach, framed by beautiful palm trees made me feel like I was back at home "Hawaii",couldn’t have been any more beautiful and serene.

The food was the other highlight of my stay. The restaurant H Bistro served excellent and authentic Thai food which is probably some of the best I’ve ever had since I've been visiting Thailand.

Another highlight of my stay was the spa. During my stay I had a massage almost everyday and it was worth the time and money.This spa must be the best spa in the whole island of Koh Samui because it was the most relaxing spa I ever had in my life. The professional staffs was very much attentive to your every needs and made you feel comfortable.

Thank you again and I will come back soon!

Makana Silva

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gifted79
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort is fabulous, located just few steps from Fisherman village, in a quiet but not at all boring area. The beach is nice, the water is not crystal clear and sand is coarse but this has nothing to do with the hotel itself. We relaxed a lot by the pool which is just amazing and loved the happy hours and yummy cocktails and shakes.
Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant definitely the best we tried on the island!
What really makes this hotel special though, and already mentioned a couple of times in previous reviews, is the service. All staffs are sweet, friendly and service-minded. We would like to mention Marketa who truly delivers the "Hansar feeling" to your holidays, she is a great professional. Also the beach bar staffs are great.
We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank JasT78
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Talking about hansar

Just had a trip back from hansar samui resort , stayed from 9th of may to 13th of may.

Hotel- hotel is a located on a bophut beach , immediately next to famous fishermen's village. Hotel is very quiet and neat and clean , with all the amenities possible , a very good place to relax. Location of the hotel is decent , if you are looking for relaxation, but if you are looking for crowd and party life , bophut is nt the correct choice , chaweng would be better(20 mins drive)

Rooms- we were is double bed sea view room , had room no 1207. First of all, the rooms are very modern , very neat, beds are very comfy , air conditioner is perfectly cooling , balcony gives the awesome view of the pool as well as the beach . Bathing area , is open , which makes it best for honeymoon couples , and nt for the family, or elder children. We as the couple loved the room. Remember ask for room on 2nd floor or the 3 rd floor , to enjoy the view, rooms are same on all the floor, and there is sea view room xl,with a premium , but I dint find it worth the extra premium , so stayed in sea view.

Beach and pool- beach is with very less waves , and very safe. But the beach is having very granular and rough sand, and also sand's nt clear , though beach is very clean, but chaweng and other beaches are better.
Pool is one of the highlights of the hotel , it is very beautiful and big and very nice, best pool.

Food and beverages- food and beverages,it is really good. You have happy hours 3 times a day , when you have one on one free. Mojitos is like most famous drink of kohsamui , and so is in the hotel. Breakfast is really nice , they serve you amazing waffles and pancakes. And yes not to forget cappuccino is amazing.
For vegetarians like us , you can request the hotel for the veg options , pancakes and waffles ,could be made without eggs , but with some extra time.

Service- service is the quality which sets this hotel class apart. The best service by far , in any hotels we stayed till now.
Sam- hotel manager incharge , is a very sweet, helping, joyous. We requested him for 2nd and 3rd floor rooms , which he was considerable enough to look for. Also he was very helpful in helping , when our bike broke down at late night hours.
Wan- a very sweet gal, and very corteous and always serving you with a great smile, she would serve you with best possiblities( h bistro)
Noi- she takes care of your reservations and any kind of bookings , again very sweet and very patient.
Service is high class , be it room dining , bar , hotel, spa , restaurant , pool.

Spa- kohsamui is full of spa all around the city. But but but , spa here is amazing , though its very dear to your vallet, but worth it. We were also given free half n hour spa , as we booked directly with hotel.

Other- its better to book with hotel directly , then any other cites. You get extra benefits for sure.

KOHSAMUI- staying is kohsamui, you have best seafood. Amazing beach, sports activities. Koh tao (snorkelling and divers) and anthong marine park( snorkelling and kayaking) also anthong marine is the best beach for swimming.
You can hire the bike , costs around 500 with the hotel , with complete insurance , and don't trust ppl other then hotel, not trust worthy.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank sumitandmilky
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nothing to say, just book and enjoy this great place!!!
Staff, room, food, pool, view of the bay, happy hours... Everything was simply perfect!
The Fisherman s Market is just beside the hotel: plenty of great places and choices for dinning, having a drink and shopping.
Definitely a must!

Room Tip: We had room 201 and 202: really nice but room with 1xx might be even better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family