I had no idea - Koh Samui Thailand? My husband and I took a month long trip to Asia and he chose this destination. I've been to Thailand twice before, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. First time in Koh Samui. We were picked up at the airport and 20 minutes later checking in at the Hansar Samui. I don't know what we did to get upgraded, but my goodness! They put us in a beachfront suite. It was so pretty! The room itself was very nice, spacious, clean and very modern décor. We enjoyed the cocktail hours at he outside bar, but we were also within easy walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. We had breakfast at the Hansar Samui each morning, and the food was delicious and plenty of variety, all served by gracious smiling people. By the way, we had just come from the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, if that gives you any idea of the quality of the sort of hotels we are accustomed to. I had an accident in my room and felt the need for medical attention which was all arranged for me by the efficient front desk staff, the hospital in the town is very good, we were in and out in about 30 minutes and that included x-rays. We went to the spa which was very beautiful and had very spacious treatment rooms. I had an hour massage which was somewhat excrutiating at first, but I asked for less pressure and then it was perfect. Would I want to go to this hotel again? Absolutely! Here's a bit about Bophut Beach. We love beach vacations and own property on the beach in the Caribbean and live a mile from the beach in Florida, (we go to the beach all the time) so we were not as disappointed as some travelers may be about the beach. The sand is extremely coarse, like small pebbles almost, and walking in it is very difficult, like walking in quick sand. I did not swim in either the pool or the beach, there were too many other things to do. I loved this boutique hotel and I don't think it was very expensive. Perhaps a third of what we paid for each night at the Mandarin. Go there and enjoy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut