The Hansar has soo much potential that it was frustrating that we encountered such big missteps by management. First off, the property is gorgeous and super cool. The room are very cool, modern and comfortable. We booked a Seaview XL which was fantastci and zen-like. We were celebrating our honeymoon and followed all the reviews on here and paid extra for the seaview XL. We noted to the hotel that we were celebrating our honeymoon. When we arrived they had us placed in probably the room ith the absolute worse view in the hotel. It was on the first floor next to the front desk and had zero privacy on teh deck and a terrible view of the ocean. The pool traffic and lobby traffic made it impossible to enjoy any private tme on the deck. It also made it impossible to keep your blinds open at any point. We were quite shocked that any of the Seaview XL's had such a bad view and surprised that they would put honeymmoners in the worse room. Strike No. 1. We promptly asked for a change. Sadly, the front desk after saying-- "oh you booked through American Express/Orbitz" informed us that there were no other Seaview XLs availble and only one other standard room available in the hotel. They told us that we could take the the standard room with the better view (that retails at almost half the price of the seaview XL) but we would receive no refund for taking the much cheaper room. Major Strike No. 2. We settled into the room and other than the views and deck, loved everything about the room. the pool and beach were also magnificant. The pool bar staff needs some lessons in cheerfulness. They were usually cranky and not typical of Thai service. We had dinner at the H Bistro and the space was fantastic. the service, however, was poor and the food very mixed. One entree, pork, was way overcooked. The final major strike for this place was when we asked for a cab to the airport and was quoted a price that was over double what we paid to get to the hotel. After we questioned the charge, the hotel began to negotiate the price with us, which was mind boggling. We then asked them to call a cab and they said that they could not do that. So we walked a block away to the cab stand and got a taxi for less than half the price that the hotel quoted us. The breakfast there is very good and maid service reliable. One tip for the management, instruct the maid to keep the room door closed while cleaning the room. I know they do this to prevent theft allegations, but the rooms fill with mosquitoes while they are cleaning. The area is loaded with mosquitoes. Overall the hotel is beautiful, the location is great and it has no much potential. Notwithstanding, the major major problems that we encountered were too hard to ignore and would prevent us from going back or recommending this hotel. I hope that the hotel tries to address these issues in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut