Hansar Samui Resort
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Agoda.com
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$172
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$127
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$192
$169
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$70
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
LuxuryCollection
$679
$388
2,542 results
All reviewsh bistroxl roomfisherman's villageluxsa spainfinity poolxl sea viewhappy hourlight switchesbeach barrain showerday bedlarge balconybeachfront roombophut beachour honeymoonbeach frontthird floor
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My mom, cousin and I stayed at Hansar Samui for 3 nights and the experience was nothing short of wonderful. Firstly, the resort is situated at an excellent location, with the Fisherman village (where you can find nice restaurants, pubs and travel agencies) just a stone's throw away. And we loved the infinity pool that overlooks the private beach!
Throughout our stay, we were greeted by friendly housekeeping staff and breakfast staff. A special mention to Pomb, a lady who served us during our breakfast. Her service was simply impeccable. She was really attentive to our needs and was patient to answer all our queries. We enjoyed our breakfast thoroughly because of her great service.
In comparison, some of the staff at the front counters weren't exactly helpful or proactive. There was this lady (I forgot to notice her name) who looked rather solemn and unfriendly most of the time. We asked to book a cab at 3pm when we checked out in the morning but they overlooked and did not make the booking. We only found out about this blunder when at 3.30pm and we almost didn't make it for our flight due to this. This little episode aside, we still enjoyed our stay at the resort.

Room Tip: All rooms have open shower concept and there is little privacy. While this is good for couples and families, it might not be ideal for friends or group travel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Xinyi T
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I are regular travellers and have stayed in many beautuful hotels in all our travels all over the world. We both agreed at the end of our stay that Hansar Koh samui, was the best hotel we have every stayed at! We could not fault one single thing about this hotel, which is why it is now our number one! The hotel is siatuated right on the beach (Bho put) and also just minutes walk from the village/promenade that is filled with many restuarants, bars, massage parlours, market stalls etc. Location was second to none. the hotel is also only 2 years old, so a guranteed a great atmosphere beautiful surroundings.

Upon arrival we had not yet made a booking (I suggest you dont leave it like we did, as if you want to stay somwehere nice, they book up very quickly, and not worth taking the risk). We were lucky enough to be greeted by Sam who juggled things around to allow us to stay at the hotel. Our room was massive! It had a big beautiful beachfront balcony, stand alone bath in the middle of the room, great sized shower, x2 vanity basins (great luxury for couples), king size 4 post bed, seprate toilet, wardrobes etc. ve were told that becuase we did not have a booking we would have to move rooms for the second half of the week. Well after asking Sam a couple of days in if there was anything he could do to leave us in the same room- he sure did look after us. We ended up being able to stay in the same room, and I know that Sam had to end up juggling around the whole hotel to service this request. So we were extrenely appreciative of him for this.

After check in- Sam ran after me (after having noticed on my husbands passport that it was his birthday on one of the days we were there) and asked me to have a think about what I wanted them to organsie for this. I actually forgot about it completely until the morning of his birthday, Sam called me to let me know that acake was being prepared and would be ready for 12pm. Just before 12pm he called again and worked out time and place to surprise my husband with a cake and have some staff singing happy birthday. The cake was absolutely stunning! I was so appreciative for this, I did not have to lift a finger to organise anything!

Everyday the rooms were cleaned, and we were both surprised at the extent of the cleaning that was carried out. Attention to detail was great!
No ask was too much for the staff- and you never saw anyone without smile. After one week the staff get to know us, and regularly came up for a quick chat and ask how the stay was going.

I would highly recommend dining at Hansar- We had the degustation for dinner. I would have to say hands down the best meal we had in Thailand. Not to mention the service that came with it was impeccible. We sat outside where you could look onto the beach and watch all
the action going on admist a romantic light.
We also took a trip t Six Senses one night for dinnerat 'Dining on the rocks'. We thought it would also be a good opportunity to check out the hotel for next time. Let me tell you do not bother!! fter having experinced the level of service at Hansar we were quite shocked and disappointed with our experience at Six Senses. We were greeted by a woman who looked like it was an inconvenince for her to have to get up out of her chair to greet us. We were then just pointed in the direction as to where we had to go for dinner- It was pitch black and had no idea where we were going- the resutarnt was a bit of a hike from the main reception area. As for the dinner, do not get me wrong the food was nice, but there was 000 atmospehere. I feel like for what we paid AU$600 for 2 of us- that it wasnt the best experience.

The Breakfast was great- great buffet selection of pastries, hot food, condiments, fruit etc. Any eggs/ pancakes you wanted were cooked fresh and brought to your table. You could also have fresh noodles cooked I think.

The pool area is great! Mnay deck chairs by the pool and by the beach and a great bar to compliment. They had happy hour 3 times a day so was great to lay by the pool all day and get in some drinks, then have a few more before heading to dinner. It is one of the first hotels that I have been happy to stay at all day everyday! Becuase the food was so great, you never felt bad about not leaving the hotel.

All in all- I would never stay at another hotel inKoh Samui. Im usually someone who likes to looka round, but there is no need to once you've stayed here :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aura2872
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed at this lovely resort for 2 nights over christmas. As previous reviews have stated....perfect location, awesome views, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast choice and quality average. Coffee was good. Overall was a great experience and would stay again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My partner and I recently had the Privilege of staying at this outstanding resort. On late notice we met with Sam the front office Manager who organised a stunning room at a great rate.
The overall cleanliness of the room and resort was outstanding. The hospitality and continually going that 'Extra Mile' was fantastic even for the most basic of things. Everyone could speak English, bent over backwards to help us and were always smiling.
Special mention to our friend Keng whose humor and kindness was a highlight for us.
We will most definitely be returning sooner rather than later with a whole host of friends..

Thankyou Hansa...no wonder you won the best Boutique resort of 2012!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank MarkGulifa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the standard room which was a decent size and had a large rain shower. There was also a large seating area on the balcony. Breakfast was quite varied with fresh fruit and juices, cold meats and hot Thai food. You could also order eggs however you fancied as well as pancakes and waffles. The pool was a decent size with enough loungers around it and some more on the beach. The beach bar has 2 happy hours, 13.30-14.30 & 18.00-19.00. There is a third happy hour 21.30-22.30 in the bar above the restaurant (however wine is not included in any of them). You can order snacks and lunch there as well. The sandwiches were great but quite expensive at about £8. We had dinner there once which was amazing but quite expensive. Particularly as Fisherman’s village is a 5 minute walk along the beach or the concrete road/path with many restaurants and bars there. There is a night market every Friday from 17.30. There is street food and drinks as well as clothing, electricals & souvenirs. Free WIFI is provided throughout the hotel, it’s even available by the pool. There are also 2 iMacs in the library area. My wife abd I used the spa and it was excellent. The price was similar to that in the UK. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. We absolutely loved our 12 night stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple