We arrived at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon with a booking for a sea-view double bedroom. The reception manager let us know that no double bedrooms were available, only twin beds. After 10 minutes of discussion during which I also made myself available to pay for an upgrade (suspecting that no dbl bedroom was availble in the category I booked) we were assigned in a rude manner a small/partial sea-view twin bedroom at the back of the building with the promise to be moved to a dbl bedroom at 8:00pm (!) it was going to be available at that time because of a late check out.
At 8:30pm we were taken to the dbl bedroom by a different reception manager. I could stay in the room for only 30 seconds...disgusting sewage smell...it was unbearable! the manager, slightly embarrased, called the housekeeper. I remained silent. Housekeeper arrived and proposed to spray the room with air-refreshner...I made clear that even if I had paid in advance 7,000 BHT per night for 3 nights I was going to leave the premises (by then it was 9:00pm).
At this point the manager sincerly apologized and she pulled out of a magic hat a new room (having travelled extensively I knew since the beginning that other rooms were availble, I just do not understand why they initially refused my request to upgrade for an extra charge...)
Our new accomodation was a very large superior room, huge bed and bathtub, very nicely decorated, with unrestricted sea view. A truly high level of luxury that contrasts with the very poor level of hospitality.
The beach location of the hotel is nice but not the best you can find in Samui, proximity to Fishrman's village is a good for shopping and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut