“Excellent Choice - Good Value”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I agree with all of the positive reviews....
What I don't agree with however are reviewers who critisise the English of the Staff...
Koh Samui is in Thailand, not the USA or the UK.
I've found communication to be easy my whole stay at this great resort!!
Sure, I'm not discussing Proust with the staff - but nothing is a trouble and if one person can't help they will find another ASAP.
PS This area of the Island has not really been affected by the flooding - there is no damage to the Beach at Hansar.. and the quality of build of the Resort means that it looks like nothing has happened...
The Sun came out on our arrival - and it's GLORIOUS weather now.
2 more nights left, then we sadly have to return home.
Ah Well.... I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrGaryBear
Write a ReviewReviews (2,428)

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed at the Hansar Samui as part of our honeymoon holiday and totally enjoyed everything. The extra-large room was beautifully appointed (loved the four poster bed and the balcony in particular). The buffet breakfast was delicious with everything you can think of provided, and the eggs were cooked deliciously. All the staff were lovely and we were blown away by the birthday cake they presented to my husband on his birthday (we hadn't told them). The happy hours are well timed, the pool and beach are spectacular, the location is perfect, a stone's throw from all the restaurants, bars and massage parlours. Bophut was a lovely peaceful place to pass our time with a lot less traffic (both human and vehicular) than Chaweng but still very close to the airport. In person it looks exactly like the photographs we saw on the internet.
Thank you for helping to make our honeymoon so enjoyable.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I simply cant write enough goo dthings about my experience here. To start with the hotel is physcially eautiful, modern and well maintained. Greta location, near other resorts and a delightful fisherman village. Easy access to all you nee in Samui.

The hotel has an AMAZING pool. check out the photos and you'll see why.

I highly recommend the all inclusive package...the breakfast is excellent. Probably the best I have had at a resort. You have a wide dizzying array of food perfectly perpared.

Above all, there is a expert, professional concierge named Sam. Sam is truly one of a kind. he is the consummate pro and will make your trip memorable. Anything you need sam will take care of it with a smile. Sam and his staff made truly deserve recognition.

I liked Hansar so much that I decided to go to hansar bangkok as well. best decision ever. Sam arranged it ...I had a breathtaking room at hansar bangkkok.

Well done well done.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Libby (25) and I loved this resort. We found the Hansar through a NYTimes article and when we arrived it exceeded our expectations. The most important factor for the success of our stay was the staff: The spa was wonderful and we saw the same massage therapists (hi Tip) for each treatment we had. They are lovely and very skilled massage therapists. Sam at the front desk made sure that our stay was the best, arranging and island tour. It was my birthday while there and between my daughter and all the staff, I had a great cake and wonderful version of Happy Birthday at breakfast. It rained while there but the happy smiles and warm dispositions made up for the rain.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay there.. but there are a few kinks to be worked out which is to be expected considering they are new. I hope they haven't been damaged too badly by the flooding in ko samui right now. Hansar is a pricey hotel, but it *is beautiful.. and the breakfast is wonderful. problem is communicating with the staff.. even the front desk doesn't speak english or any of the 4 other languages my friend an i speak. that was disappointing.
there are some fun things near hansar that i found thru this article: http://macnchis.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/ko-samui-thailand-part-i/
hope it helps.
oh, btw, the sand is really rough there, so we hung by the pool.. an a norwegian dude got a nasty sting from a jelly fish. oddly, the town road runs between the pool and the beach.. would be nice if it went behind, where there's another road.. (passengers look onto the pool dwellers like it's a safari)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank alwayshungry2143
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Staying here for our honeymoon in a sea view room, asides the weather, which is crap at the moment this is a very nice hotel, not too big, not too small, very modern and facilities are great, not the best gym but I'm not here to exercise...very short stroll to vibrant fisherman's village, plenty of restaurants and bars here.. If you are looking for a laid back holiday This is one of the best hotels in Samui, excellent value for money.. Highly recommend it, just book it, you won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed four nights in Hansar Samui Resort in March 2011 and it was a great experience! In spite of the fact that we are rather “spoiled travelers” who are used to stay in very good hotels, we think that the Hansar Samui experience is in line with the best (and often much more expensive) hotels in the world. Also the Spa is great with a very nice team! So: Very well done for general Manager Supit and his team!