“Decent food in a lovely setting”
Review of Krua Bophut

Krua Bophut
Ranked #57 of 488 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ate here 3 times during a recent 2 week holiday in Koh Samui. Service was friendly, courteous and efficient on each occasion, and the food a consistent good quality. Dining on the decking overlooking the beach is lovely - and it's at the quiet far-end of the main street in the Fisherman's Village.

I've noticed a few reviews criticise the food here as being "westernised" Thai. Personally I don't feel qualified, as a Westerner, to make that judgement - but I do know that if our local Thai restaurants served food that tasted this good I'd be eating there every week.

1  Thank Ascotsquirrel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Dining on the beach. Food was excellent.
Service was OK - efficient but not really friendly like some of the other places we dined at

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good child friendly beach restaurant! I don't think so! I was here with my family last night...we had to send two dishes back as raw and undercooked and completely tasteless...sweet and sour prawns and sweet and sour chicken...we were served by curt staff..but one make staff in particular over stepped the make when serving my 20 year old son asking if he would like to accompany him to the toilet!! I was totally shocked and immediately asked to speak to the manager. In the meantime the bill was presented with service charge! Service charge! what kind of service is that! We waited 10 ,minutes for manager to arrive...arguing about the waiter who completely denied everything...seriously why would we make this up! In the end after theatening to call the police we were waived just the service...completely disgusting...having a nice dinner with my family of 3 boys and have to endure that....outrageous...just don't go if you have any young sons or they could be accosted.....! Food was crap as well!

3  Thank T C
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lovely Thai food, very clean and in a wonderful location, with the choice to eat on the beach or inside amongst some beautiful decor.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We quickly came to enjoy Bophut as our favorite spot in Ko Samui and Krua Bophut was probably the best beachfront spot that we could've asked for! The restaurant was pretty quiet the entire time we were there, offering us a really intimate, romantic, beachfront view. There were paper lanterns floating up in the air all night, further helping the setting as well! Food options were a diverse selection of Thai offerings; we tried the tom yum goong, tom ka gai, panang curry and a shrimp with glass noodles entree - all perfectly prepared!

Service was a bit slow, but the price to value was so great that we overlooked that one little quibble. Definitely would recommend it for a couple looking for a casual but romantic spot to eat!