“A brilliant day”

and up
Half-Day Island Hopping and Snorkeling to Koh Taen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours Koh Samui is a local operator and travel agency with administrative office in Chaweng and service center at Choengmon Beach Ko Samui and over 16 years of experience. We specialize in organizing tours and excursions on and around Ko Samui, such as our most popular excursion, Sea Safari to the Ang Thong National Marine Park featuring snorkeling and kayaking, and sightseeing.We also offer Ko Samui based snorkeling trip to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan abroad comfortable high speed boats or 4X4 Island Jungle tours on Ko Samui. We specialize in arranging private, tailor-made tours and boat charters to suit our clients’ wishes.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Spent the day with Tours Koh Samui on their boat trip to the Angthong Marine Park. The tour ran smoothly and efficiently. The staff were excellent - very helpful & friendly. The activities were great and we are glad we booked with this group.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I booked online the day before to go to Angthong Marine Park with my 13 year old daughter. We were collected at our resort right on time and travelled with Seahawke one of the contracted companies of TKS. There were about 24 of us on the boat which seemed like about the right number. The day started on a funny note when one of the tourists (about 6 foot) who had a leg injury was carried to the boat by one of the little Thai staff - can't ask for better service than that LOL.

The whole day was wonderful. The staff were amazing, especially the main guide. He was so warm and friendly to everyone and made sure that all of us were looked after. There was a full supply of water and coke provided and we had a beautiful lunch on Koh Palauy. I was suprised how good it was as there was a good selection including large prawns that were replenished when they ran out.

The snorkelling site was beautiful and I was very happy with the quality of the equipment. I have been known to be a bit claustraphobic in the past with masks that leak so I was a little apprehensive but I had no problems. We snorkelled the whole way around a small island and it was a wonderful experience.

The green lake climb was nothing like I was expecting from some of the reviews of the park. I was thinking that it would take over 1/2 an hour and would be very difficult so again I was a bit wary but it took about 5 minutes - yes it was a little difficult but I am an overweight 44 year old LOL and if I can do it without problems most people should be able to.

I loved the kyaking and my daughter and I had a ball cruising around the beautiful island and rocky overhangs. Some lovely cold pineapple was supplied after the kyaking and beach games (optional) and then an icy towel, water and cold coke on the way back.

Going by speedboat was a great decision as it was so quick and after an exhausting day, being able to get back to Samui in less than an hour was much appreciated.

One of the highlights of the whole experience was the Seahawke staff. I don't know the name of the main guy but he was just so lovely, genuinely helpful and funny but was also very professional and strict about safety etc.

I will be posting the same review on the Seahawke site :-)

3  Thank JustAllie
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I used this company to book two trips through. I was taking a small group of young adults away for the weekend and we booked this as a good way to see around the island. The first one was an island tour and the second the snorkelling to Koh Tao. The trips were all arranged online and I felt the service was very professional. I found the website through internet searches rather than personal reccommendation or this website so I was not 100% sure what I would get. The island tour started off well. We were picked up from our hotel in some 4x4 vechicles and we went to a varierty of island attractions. Water was provided and the guide was very friendly and a local to Koh Samui. We say the monkeys getting the coconuts which was fun but as my group were young adults I requested that we did see any more animal type shows (which are popualr on the island) and went to more interesting attractions such as the waterfall and the magic garden. This was no problem and we did exactely that. I felt the tour was not rushed, we went to a lovely local restaurent for lunch, which was included in the price. We saw things that we would have found difficult to arrange ourselves and the price for 13 people was extremely good value. We started the tour at 8 in the monring and finished about 3.30pm. We also went to the big budda and had time to relax and shop. I was very pleased overall and I would use the tour when I visited the island again next year. The next day we went on the island snorkelling tour. We had a different driver pick us up and take us to the port. It was contracted out to another main tour group and at first I was a little concerned that we would not get the same personal service. However they were expecting us and we got breakfast whilst we waited for the boat. We then got a large ferry to Koh Tao. Everything was organised well and we did have a guide but who looked after the whole group. The snorkeling was great and the islands truly beautiful. It is quite a long journey by ferry so take something to read. It was again a great day out and my group loved it. We got lunch too on Koh Nang Yuan which was very nice. It was alot of travelling for one day however a great way to see some more of Thailand. So overall we did two trips in two days with this company and I would use them again without hesitation.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

I felt compelled to share with travellers my utter unhappinese and disappointment with Tours Koh Samui during my trip 2 weeks ago.

Surf their website and placed a reservation for 2 pax Koh Tao Snorkeling "VIP" speedboat for 20th Jun, Sunday. Not sure about their deposit policy and decided to give them a call from overseas(wasted money) on how to do that. A thai lady (Name is Aom, if i get correctly) told me that i need not place deposit and she took down my particular and hotel name and confirmed that they will pick me on 20th June Sunday morning. I was excited and looking forward to the trip.

I have planned to stay in a budget hotel on sunday itself before moving on the a luxury villa down the street the next day, monday, since i will be out whole day for the snorkeling and don't see a point to spurge on my accomodation when i am out the whole day. On saturday night when i checked into my hotel, i was asked to return a call by the hotel reception to Tour Koh Samui. Give them a call and nobody picked up.

The next morning 7am, receive a call from a gentleman ( English speaking, not native thai i believe) claiming that all their boats need to send for servicing and therefore i have to make a choice of either join another boat operator arranged by them or go the next day, monday. Told him my situation of checking out the current hotel next day morning and stranded with my luggages after returning to pickup hotel at 4pm. He was nice to offer a lift after the trip to pick up my luggage and send me to my next hotel down the street. Being nice and trustful that they are the 'better' one in koh samui, i was willing to be accommodating and took the offer.

Next morning, when the driver came to pick us up, explained to him that we left our luggages behind and if he could allow us to pick up our luggage on our way back and send us to our next hotel less than one km down the street. He said no problem.

Horror began. Reached the pier and saw all the crew wearing or "Seahawk" shirt instead. My guess is this is subcontracted trip. That small "VIP" speedboat was filled with nearly 30 passengers. There is hardly seat space for everyone. Its so crampy and throughout the journey, most passengers were drenched by the salty sea water flying into the boat. It was crampy that some guys got to take the hit since you could hardly move. The boat guide who nobody understand what he was babbling about in "Ënglish" was not helpful. The first 2 snorkeling sites was nothing to shout about and they are within close swimming distance... well, they claimed 2 snorkeling sites, over smart.

Returning trip was worst, it was raining heavily and the sea was choppy and the rain kept smashing on a handful of passengers sitting at the front of the boat without shelter. Because the boat was so overcrowded that some unlucky guys got to sit in front without shelter. Do you know how dangerous this is ? No life vest given and no safety briefing. Those sitting under shelter was not better... fully drenched and we all got to cover all our heads with our towel, shivering and avoiding the splashing of water.

Returned to land and went up the van and send us back to our hotel. Same driver denied and refused to send us to our next check in hotel down the street even though that gentleman agreed to do so and the driver himself agreed in the morning.

Completely disgusted by so many broken promises and wasted money making calls and taxi fares to next hotel. Servicing boat on sunday ? or not enough passengers onboard my initial reservation ? Seahawk crew ? might as well i book seahawk charter directly ?

All the recommedations in tripadvisor were spot on during my trip in koh samui but this is the only one that is completely off the mark under things to do.

Anyways, this is my experience, not meant to hurt anyone, its believe it or not. i am not going to pay for being a refugee on the water.

5  Thank Krugger
samui-holiday, Manager at Tours Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Although we sympathize that Mr. Freddy’s experience was not up to his expectations, we do need to dispute his review of Tours Koh Samui as many of his statements are factually incorrect. At tours Koh Samui we pride ourselves in having extremely satisfied and happy customers, so therefore we do take Mr. Freddy’s issues and comments seriously.

The review most likely was prompted due the unfavorable weather conditions on the day of this tour. As you may imagine, it is not fun to be on a speedboat when it is raining heavily and the sea is choppy.

We do advise on our website that “if you are looking for an adventure and would not mind some waves and a bumpy ride on the way, we would like to recommend joining the VIP Speedboat for the snorkeling tour”. We do recommend, as an alternative tour, going on the high-speed catamaran “If you got children in your group or have a sensitive back”.

Freddy says “Give them a call and nobody picked up”
We provide our guests with multiple land line & cell phone contact numbers as well as email and Skype contact options to make sure our guests can reach us. I can assure you that if you need to contact us, it will be very easy. If one phone system is down, as can be the case in Samui, we have multiple backup options.

Mr. Freddy states that he called us and was told that he did not have to make an advance deposit. What he was told, and confirmed by e-mail, is that without and advance deposit he would have to confirm his reservation when arriving at his hotel in Samui.

Freddy did not do this. We also tried to contact him at his hotel upon his anticipated arrival, but could not reach him. We did reach Mr. Freddy the next morning to advise him that due to circumstances beyond our control, the tour could not run as scheduled and offered to book him for the next day.

Mr. Freddy states in another point that he was promised that he could pick up his luggage after the trip and we would bring him to his new hotel down the street. We have a policy of not shuttling customers form one hotel to another on return from a trip as this is not fair to our other customers on the vans who would like to return to their hotels and do not want to wait for people to make multiple stops and be delayed by people checking out of hotels.

What we had offered Freddy is to take his luggage with him when we picked him up in the morning and store them at the office during the trip. On the way back we will drop him off at his new hotel.

How could Freddy have explained to the driver that he “left our luggages behind” and “Same driver denied and refused to send us to our next check in hotel down the street … and the driver himself agreed in the morning.
The drivers speaks very limited English but Freddy had no problem communicating with him, but when it come to the tour guide “The boat guide who nobody understand what he was babbling about in "Ënglish" was not helpful”

Well … now we all know what Freddy is scared of and we will ask Hollywood to integrate "Seahawk" shirts in next Freddy Krueger “A Nightmare on Elm street” movie!

The snorkeling tour to Koh Tao that Freddy joined operates by Seahawk Speedboat Company. Tours Koh Samui runs some of the tours we offer ourselves and contract boat operators to run trips under direct supervision and oversight. We change providers if we get negative feedback from our customers or believe our guests will get better service with a different provider. In the last 8 years we used more than 10 different boat operators to assist us in running the snorkeling tour to Koh Tao.

Freddy goes on “Its so crampy and throughout the journey, most passengers were drenched by the salty sea water flying into the boat.
That small "VIP" speedboat was filled with nearly 30 passengers

For the snorkeling tour to Koh Tao we use one of the following 3 VIP Speedboats.
The smallest boat with 2 engines carries a maximum of 26 adult guests.
The biggest boat with 3 engines carries a maximum of 33 adult guests.
Those are the maximum number of guests the speedboat will take but even in the very busy season we do our best to have 3 to 4 people less than this maximum number of guests for extra comfort and room. We identify our boat we use as VIP when they have a bathroom on board build from fiberglass, and have 4 stork engines.

In comparison, other companies in Koh Samui operate tours with 45 people on the same size of speed boats without onboard bathrooms and 2 stroke engines that are noisy & create a lot of pollution.

Addressing the life jacket situation:
The facts are that: the boat briefing is always made including safety procedures but we are not sure why Freddy could not hear it.
Our guest safety and comfort is our absolute priority and we do not agree with the passive way life vests were offered in the safety briefing.

We had found Freddy’s remark about the life vest extremely important, justified and relevant. We do our utmost to provide safe, enjoyable tours in Samui and feedback from our guests is a very important tool in controlling the service level of the products we offer.

We would like to thank Freddy for this comment as this helps us to increase quality and the safety of the tours we provide. If Freddy had contacted us as requested in our confirmation email and advised us about his concerns about the passive way life vests were offered, we would have refunded the fee he paid for the tour in full.

"I personally view you as my guest on our tour, if you experience any problem with the service provided, please ask one of the staff members to call Ron as soon as possible so I can personally assist you in solving any issue immediately!"

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience the weather conditions had caused Freddy, but since snorkeling on a speedboat is an outdoor sport; guests have to deal with open water conditions, which we do not have any influence on.

Ron

Tours Koh Samui
Office manager

Reviewed May 19, 2010

How do you explain a day you will never forget? We had done the typical speed boat trip to the islands but this time we wanted something diffrerent. From the efficient hotel pick up to the final drop off the day was amazing. The junk was a solid teak vessel set up to take our approx 20 group in style. It wasn't the cheapest way to see the islands around Koh Samui but for service alone it was the best. The comfortable cushions to recline on, to the snorkling, to the great food and waiter service there was no reason to lift a hand. A day to remember.