“A good and a bad experience”
Review of Tours Koh Samui

and up
Half-Day Island Hopping and Snorkeling to Koh Taen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours Koh Samui is a local operator and travel agency with administrative office at Choengmon Beach Ko Samui and over 16 years of experience. We specialize in organizing tours and excursions on and around Ko Samui, such as our most popular excursion, Sea Safari to the Ang Thong National Marine Park featuring snorkeling and kayaking, and sightseeing. We also offer Ko Samui based snorkeling trip to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan and 4X4 Island Jungle tours on Ko Samui. We specialize in arranging private, tailor-made tours and boat charters to suit our clients’ wishes.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This was difficult to rate because we used this company twice on our trip and had a great experience one day, and a terrible experience on another. Thus the 3 "star" rating. I will share about both tours.

Poor review of the Half-day Island Tour (2 star review)– Unfortunately, it was a terrible tour. As we were taken around the island, in a rather dirty shuttle van, our guide would announce the stop and that was all. So, when we saw our first Buddhist temple in Thailand, simply the name was announced. No more information was shared. We really didn't know what we were looking at. Although, the website indicates the tour includes an English speaking guide, our guide spoke very limited English. Our guide couldn’t answer our questions. This is the first tour I’ve been on, unless it was an adventure tour, where I didn’t learn anything. To add to our frustration, we had signed up for the half-day tour as mentioned. But, we were not dropped back off at our hotel until almost 4:00, 2 ½ hours late. We were unable to keep our plans for the afternoon. Very disappointing.

Very good review of the Ang Thong National Park tour (4 star review)
We enjoyed this tour. Our boat ride took about 90 minutes to arrive at our first stop which was snorkeling. The area was calm with lots of great fish and coral. Next, we headed to the island where the Blue Lagoon was located. It’s necessary to climb some rather treacherous steps about 150 meters to see the Blue Lagoon. The stairs are not completed yet; they were still working on them when we were there. There are not railings on both sides. But, the view was beautiful and worth it. Our next island stop was a buffet lunch which was good. And, our last stop was beautiful. We were able to enjoy the beach, swim, and also kayak among the beautiful rocks. Bottled water and fruit were served on board. This was a great day.

2  Thank Tree
samui-holiday, Manager at Tours Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the trip to Ang Thong Marine Park kayaking and snorkeling tour with us and that the tour was a successful one.

On the other hand, we are very sorry that you experience was not the same with the half a day around the island tour aboard an air-conditioning minivan.

The half a day around the island tour had been operate by us only when we had a group of minimum five people. When we did not have the minimum number of guests, we offered the tour in corporation with a reliable company that offers a similar tour.

This arrangement has been working well for several years without any complaints. However, after looking into your complaint and contacting other guest that joined the tour and re-inspecting the tour we had decided to stop this corporation or offering this tour as a join tour altogether.

Currently, we only offer the half a day around the island tour aboard air-conditioning minivan as a private tour which we operate ourselves to assure our high standards are kept.

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Without feedback from our guests it will be very difficult for me as a manager to determine the quality of the service offered especially when it comes to corporation with other companies.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"full day tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I came across this company in an article in the Samui magazine. We booked this tour with a travel service company which gave us a 400 THB savings each. I was a little reluctanted as there was nothing on tripadvisor about them. They provided transportation to and from our hotel. Upon reaching the site we were put into harnesses and had to do a short hike up the hill to the first platform. Once there we were instructed on how to ride the cables. Then one by one we were guided down 6 cable rides, each one getting longer and more thrilling. The guides were great in making sure that everyone who brought cameras got lots of pictures taken of them riding. After the ride we regrouped and had a fruit snack and then we were taken to a wonderful waterfall that was so refreshing that i could not resist even though i didn't have my bathing suit and just wore my shorts & top. One thing to remember is that you may want to put on some insect repellant beforehand because some people had forgotten and there were some mosquitoes. You are in the jungle.

One thing they could improve on is, that in the article that i read about them it states that they are an eco friendly company. I saw large piles of plastic water bottles and beverage cans on the ground beside their concession stand. They should be more conscientious of disposing of them in trash cans and not let garbage be visiable.

6  Thank luv2travel624
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Spent the day with Tours Koh Samui on their boat trip to the Angthong Marine Park. The tour ran smoothly and efficiently. The staff were excellent - very helpful & friendly. The activities were great and we are glad we booked with this group.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I booked online the day before to go to Angthong Marine Park with my 13 year old daughter. We were collected at our resort right on time and travelled with Seahawke one of the contracted companies of TKS. There were about 24 of us on the boat which seemed like about the right number. The day started on a funny note when one of the tourists (about 6 foot) who had a leg injury was carried to the boat by one of the little Thai staff - can't ask for better service than that LOL.

The whole day was wonderful. The staff were amazing, especially the main guide. He was so warm and friendly to everyone and made sure that all of us were looked after. There was a full supply of water and coke provided and we had a beautiful lunch on Koh Palauy. I was suprised how good it was as there was a good selection including large prawns that were replenished when they ran out.

The snorkelling site was beautiful and I was very happy with the quality of the equipment. I have been known to be a bit claustraphobic in the past with masks that leak so I was a little apprehensive but I had no problems. We snorkelled the whole way around a small island and it was a wonderful experience.

The green lake climb was nothing like I was expecting from some of the reviews of the park. I was thinking that it would take over 1/2 an hour and would be very difficult so again I was a bit wary but it took about 5 minutes - yes it was a little difficult but I am an overweight 44 year old LOL and if I can do it without problems most people should be able to.

I loved the kyaking and my daughter and I had a ball cruising around the beautiful island and rocky overhangs. Some lovely cold pineapple was supplied after the kyaking and beach games (optional) and then an icy towel, water and cold coke on the way back.

Going by speedboat was a great decision as it was so quick and after an exhausting day, being able to get back to Samui in less than an hour was much appreciated.

One of the highlights of the whole experience was the Seahawke staff. I don't know the name of the main guy but he was just so lovely, genuinely helpful and funny but was also very professional and strict about safety etc.

I will be posting the same review on the Seahawke site :-)

3  Thank JustAllie
See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I used this company to book two trips through. I was taking a small group of young adults away for the weekend and we booked this as a good way to see around the island. The first one was an island tour and the second the snorkelling to Koh Tao. The trips were all arranged online and I felt the service was very professional. I found the website through internet searches rather than personal reccommendation or this website so I was not 100% sure what I would get. The island tour started off well. We were picked up from our hotel in some 4x4 vechicles and we went to a varierty of island attractions. Water was provided and the guide was very friendly and a local to Koh Samui. We say the monkeys getting the coconuts which was fun but as my group were young adults I requested that we did see any more animal type shows (which are popualr on the island) and went to more interesting attractions such as the waterfall and the magic garden. This was no problem and we did exactely that. I felt the tour was not rushed, we went to a lovely local restaurent for lunch, which was included in the price. We saw things that we would have found difficult to arrange ourselves and the price for 13 people was extremely good value. We started the tour at 8 in the monring and finished about 3.30pm. We also went to the big budda and had time to relax and shop. I was very pleased overall and I would use the tour when I visited the island again next year. The next day we went on the island snorkelling tour. We had a different driver pick us up and take us to the port. It was contracted out to another main tour group and at first I was a little concerned that we would not get the same personal service. However they were expecting us and we got breakfast whilst we waited for the boat. We then got a large ferry to Koh Tao. Everything was organised well and we did have a guide but who looked after the whole group. The snorkeling was great and the islands truly beautiful. It is quite a long journey by ferry so take something to read. It was again a great day out and my group loved it. We got lunch too on Koh Nang Yuan which was very nice. It was alot of travelling for one day however a great way to see some more of Thailand. So overall we did two trips in two days with this company and I would use them again without hesitation.