“Nice setting awful service poor quality”
Review of RockPool Samui

RockPool Samui
Ranked #93 of 444 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Asian, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RockPool delivers a culinary experience that combines the best of east and west in a setting that is nothing short of breathtaking. Appropriately named, this elegant dining spot sits just inches from the spray and foam of the sea. The open plan of the decked terrace offers our discerning clientele an unparalleled view and proximity to the ocean and coastline to make the overall experience of a visit to Rockpool truly unforgettable. Executive Chef Lucas Leonardi Varin's well balanced menu reflects the relaxed resort atmosphere with a casual all day dining menu consisting of light, fresh cuisine. Crisp salads and ceviche's, comfort sandwiches, wraps and burgers are featured along with a carefully selected range of regional Thai cuisine. For a heartier selection the grill kitchen flames local seafood and imported meats. For a refined dining experience, Chef Lucas brings his Michelin star training to the forefront with an interchanging special menu highlighting the freshest ingredients with an international array of flavors and fine dining technique.
Hong Kong, China
“Nice setting awful service poor quality”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting here as you read this and the most underwhelming and over rated restaurant in Samui.

Poor service. Clueless staff. Poor Quality food.

Amazing view.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Beijing
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great Oyster Sunday brunch. We normally go to Beach Republic but the oysters here were so great.... Thanks to Scott and staff for a great day

1 Thank Peter S
Phuket, Thailand
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

After viewing the website and reading a few reviews I thought it would be a good dinner. Sadly it didn't turn out quite that way. I ordered a nice bottle of wine to start the evening and was told after 10 minutes that it wasn't available so OK let's try this one.I ordered first course of mussels in wine sauce and they arrived warm and should have been hotter. Then I was told the 2nd choice of wine was not available so I tried 2 more times and then on the 4th I found a nice bottle of Sancerre for 3,400 baht. I asked to have the mussels warmed up and then ordered the scallops. Yeah they were tepid at best and so the the dinner was disappointing. I spoke to one of the staff in the kitchen and he said he was only there one month but I asked what did that have to do with my dinner. This place needs some serious training and supervision or it will lose it's over the top rating.

“Spectacular”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I got lost in Koh Samui driving around. As we got lost we stumbled upon the wonders of Rockpool.

When we first arrived the service was amazing. We were whisked away in a golf buggy to an beautiful location of tables on the edge of the water. The view was amazing.

We were then greeted by amazing staff, one who had just started working, Scott. We came on a Sunday at 1230, where they have a buffet menu. My wife and I jut wanted the normal menu and Scott talked to the chef and made it happen for us.

The food was immaculate and the dessert was amazing. The service was awesome and well deserved f a tip.

We had an amazing time and would really recommend it to anyone. The cost if food is awesome. We probably paid 50 aus dollars, for 2 main meals and 2 desserts and 2 drinks. That may be pricy in Thailand but was sure worth it. We are from Australia and if you were in Australia and buying the same quality meal, you would surely pay $100 Australian per person for such a meal.

Thank you for an amazing ambience and food and service in the restaurant.
Simply amazing
Antony

2 Thank Vowk
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“RockPool...Yes it is over Rocks”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Quite a nice bar to enjoy the afternoon going into the evening, food was ok but nothing exceptional, drinks menu is extensive but also expensive no matter what you have but that is the way thinsg are in most resorts.

The view is pleasant enough sitting next to the sea, staff are attentive and also pleasant enough.

Give me the Moo Bar instead anyday