“Nice bar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pier - CLOSED

The Pier
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow, Scotland
“Nice bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was a wet and stormy midweek night when we popped into the Pier for a drink. With the weather being so poor we were the only people in this cavernous bar which lead to a real lack of atmosphere. No doubt when this place is full up its probably going to lively.

We ordered a couple of cocktails and the barman mixed them up fresh to order with fresh fruits which was nice. We sat downstairs across from the bar to make sure we were served and there is a great view outside directly into the sea and the bay.

Since we were the only ones here and the bar is so large we had one drink, paid up and left. A little bit of a shame as there was nothing wrong with the bar itself or the service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Kilcullen, Ireland
“It's not worth the view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just back from dinner at The Pier restaurant. Not a very good experience. They 'forgot' about our appetiser and served my main course (not my girlfriend's though). The appetiser arrived when I was halfway through my dish and eventually my girlfriend's dish came out. Bland forgettable food. The drinks were not much better and the price was expensive. There are plenty of restaurants along Fisherman's Village with a sea view. I'm sure there are plenty offering better food and service than this.

• Visited August 2013
Cheshire
“Don't be ripped off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Read reviews of this place in local guide books so as we'd seen it on previous visits to Samui,we decided we should give it a go.
Reviews had said the views from upstairs were great so we were surprised on arrival to be told "upstairs closed". We sat at the only table available were the "view" was obstructed by a large, but quite pretty, bush. When you want to see the view, it's best that its not hidden.
We waited patiently for the only member of staff around to lay all the tables with flowers and napkins and he eventually asked what we would like. I ordered a White Lady cocktail and hubby ordered a Margarita. Each cost 290 baht so around £7. Not that big a deal but expensive for iced lime water.
Quite some time later 2 martini glasses full of ice and liquid arrived. Fine until first taste. Mine should have had Cointreau and gin and lime but all I could tast was watery lime juice. Trying not to be picky I thought maybe the Cointreau had settled (?!). I tried a few more slurps but thought I should have been able to taste something. Hubbies drink had a slight taste of something whiskey based but was very slight. When I asked said bartender, he said I couldn't taste anything because of the ice! On pressing he said he'd make me another but by then I felt this was only because we'd caught him out. I wanted to leave so he said don't pay for that one. When we offered to pay for hubbies watered down margarita, he shooed us away and said don't pay, so we left only to be chased down the street a few minutes later and told to pay or "he'd starve"! Not pleasant.
Samui has soo many much nicer places to drink don't bother with this place until they buck their ideas up on how to make cocktails that actually have something you want to drink in them.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“If you like the smell of sewage...this is the place for you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped in here as it looked like an ok place for dinner...ended up just having a cocktail as we couldn't get over the smell coming from below the restaurant...it stank! Decided to not eat here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dannoh81
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So smelly we had to leave!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Lured in for dinner but the foul smell from the beach hit us before we even reached our table. I was hoping it would fade but sadly it put us both off eating. We had a watered down cocktail made with cheap spirits and exited quickly. This restaurant is located right beside the pier so sat and watched backpackers eating dodgy food and making noise nearby. Not exactly the best spot for a nice meal. Much nicer restaurants further down the road.

• Visited March 2013