“If you like the smell of sewage...this is the place for you”
Review of The Pier

The Pier
Ranked #321 of 473 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped in here as it looked like an ok place for dinner...ended up just having a cocktail as we couldn't get over the smell coming from below the restaurant...it stank! Decided to not eat here.

1  Thank Dannoh81

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Lured in for dinner but the foul smell from the beach hit us before we even reached our table. I was hoping it would fade but sadly it put us both off eating. We had a watered down cocktail made with cheap spirits and exited quickly. This restaurant is located right beside the pier so sat and watched backpackers eating dodgy food and making noise nearby. Not exactly the best spot for a nice meal. Much nicer restaurants further down the road.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited the pier for sunset drinks during our stay in bophut. We had passed it many times but overlooked it as there is no menu or price list and it does look quite posh from the outside, the setting is beautiful overlooking the beach and pier snd it has a very chilled feel to it, this was matched by the staff as although friendly not that efficient and service even just for drinks was very slow, a Chang was 90 baht bit pricey for bophut as most are 60-70 baht but worth it for the view, think its a shame it's quiet here as they do nothing to promote the setting or any specials etc, they have boards inside but who wants to come inside to look at the menus, can't comment on food so just left average rating but nice place for drinks.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Been there on Saturday for lunch with my husband, there was only 1 customer there when we arrived.
The waitress left us drink menu, food menu then she was disappeared...I walk to call her to take order then she disappeared again for awhile until I saw our food waiting for her to serve.
It took almost 10 min I kept my eyes on the dishes and no one come to serve us!! Suddenly she run to pick up he dishes and serve us with her mouth chewing food. :(
My dish was Beef Lasagna and it doesn't look good, almost burn crispy and dry!! After wait about 30 min Yessss!! I was hungry I told the waiter ( Burmanese ) who was at the bar that it was too dry and almost burn!! I ate it less than half but it was not good to continue..Big disappointing!! No one come to the table or say anything after I told that waiter, the waiter yelling to tell the waitress... :(
my husband dish was Double bacon hamburger, looks so good but my husband said it was too salty. my husband is a chef working in the 4 star hotel on Samui island, he told me to ask if they need a chef ( Ironic ) but I was unhappy with my dish!!
I cant see any waiter or waitress around so I walk to the bar for order milk shake for my husband after he already had 1 soda.
my juice drink was great but not food :(
Good location tho but No next time for The Pier.

1  Thank nataliadelopez
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to have a nice romantic meal, however that sadly did not happen.

First of all the staff were not particularly happy, secondly we ordered our drinks (which is the norm and therefore not a difficult task) mine appeared no problem but my boyfriends took a further 10 minuets to arrive.

The food I wouldn't be able to comment on, we ordered (again the norm to do in a restaurant) the waitress did not make a note just memorised in her head. When the food arrived my boyfriends was correct however I had ordered a Thai dish and was presented with an Italian pasta, now I can see where you could get confused by the two as they are very similar! After sending mine back I was then told they were not able to prepare mine as they did not have the correct ingredients. After complaining (why was I not told at the time?) they miraculously managed to make what I asked for. Upon trying this I then found out it was cold and not cooked therefore had to send back again.

I would not eat here if you paid me!