“Great value, good wine selection.”

Shades Beach Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #369 of 455 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends and me went to that restaurant and were first of all impressed by the decor. Then we met the manager, a french young man that proposed us a great wine. The food was also tasty. I personally had a pizza that had nothing to envy to an italian restaurant's. All in all a great night, nice customers to talk to and a very friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Shades Beach Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Although I'd promised my wife that I'd stick to thai food whilst on honeymoon, I couldn't control my urges to want curry!
The great thing about this place is that they serve both indian and Thai dishes, which my wife was happy about as she could maintain her original promise whilst I broke it.
My wife had blue crab with scrambled egg and curry powder.
I had a lamb madra, black lentil daal, naan and pilau rice - al superb especially the daal.
We shared a sticky rice and coconut pudding, equally delish.
The staff were friendly, attentive and knew their way around the menu.
The setting is this restaurant's greatest asset; really stunning as it overlooks the beach.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

After trying to decide where to eat we opted for Shades and was glad we did It was one of the best curries ever better than a lot at home. The staff were friendly and polite and the service was great

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went here as this seemed to be one of the few places open at lunch time. Honestly, not spectacular, but not bad either. Right on the beach location.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We came here while on holiday at Koh Samui. The smell of calamari on the grill was an instant go for me but the the beautiful view of the beach really sealed the deal. I almost fell off my chair when our food came out! My friend played it safe with a chicken tandoori, but even THAT was anything but ordinary. Their plates were so bright and colorful and ENTICING!

Feeling the ambience, we decided to stay for drinks. The Manager (a very cute french guy with the most adorable accent oolala) was very knowledgeable about the wine list. We asked him to recommend something light and refreshing so he brought over to our table a sauvignon blanc from chile. That bottle didn't last too long!

Great night with friends made possible by a wonderful staff and amazing customer service. Def would come here again!