“Great setting, great food.”

Shades Beach Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #345 of 440 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great setting, great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Although I'd promised my wife that I'd stick to thai food whilst on honeymoon, I couldn't control my urges to want curry!
The great thing about this place is that they serve both indian and Thai dishes, which my wife was happy about as she could maintain her original promise whilst I broke it.
My wife had blue crab with scrambled egg and curry powder.
I had a lamb madra, black lentil daal, naan and pilau rice - al superb especially the daal.
We shared a sticky rice and coconut pudding, equally delish.
The staff were friendly, attentive and knew their way around the menu.
The setting is this restaurant's greatest asset; really stunning as it overlooks the beach.
Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

After trying to decide where to eat we opted for Shades and was glad we did It was one of the best curries ever better than a lot at home. The staff were friendly and polite and the service was great

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Not bad for a quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went here as this seemed to be one of the few places open at lunch time. Honestly, not spectacular, but not bad either. Right on the beach location.

Visited October 2013
NYC
“SEAFOOD BBQ! INDIAN FOOD! AMAZING VIEW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We came here while on holiday at Koh Samui. The smell of calamari on the grill was an instant go for me but the the beautiful view of the beach really sealed the deal. I almost fell off my chair when our food came out! My friend played it safe with a chicken tandoori, but even THAT was anything but ordinary. Their plates were so bright and colorful and ENTICING!

Feeling the ambience, we decided to stay for drinks. The Manager (a very cute french guy with the most adorable accent oolala) was very knowledgeable about the wine list. We asked him to recommend something light and refreshing so he brought over to our table a sauvignon blanc from chile. That bottle didn't last too long!

Great night with friends made possible by a wonderful staff and amazing customer service. Def would come here again!

• Visited October 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Stick with the fish dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We thought this one was a bit of a mixed bag. The first time we ordered the most amazing tandoori fish, the second time again the amazing tandoori fish plus a fresh red snapper which the chef grilled with indian spices specially for us. Then it was a case of third time unlucky. We ordered some Thai food and it really was nothing special. One of the waiters told us the chef was Indian which explains the great tandoori fish and spiced snapper so I think our advice would be, go for the fresh fish and definitely the tandoori fish but give the Thai food a miss.

They were a friendly bunch though and when we wanted to stay at our covered table on the beach whilst it was pouring with rain and stormy, they happily obliged coming out with our food with umbrellas.

Cocktail hour from 13:00 to 22:00 too which was pretty good!

• Visited September 2013