“I'm so regret that I choose them!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Scent Hotel

The Scent Hotel
Ranked #2 of 151 Bophut B&B and Inns
“I'm so regret that I choose them!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

There was a horrible thing happened when I stayed in the scent hotel.
We put our wedding rings together in our room when we went to snorkeling.We didn't go out for dinner but stayed in the hotel and ordered room service after snorkeling. The day after,before we changed to another hotel,we found out there was only my husband's ring left. After serval times research,we could't find it. The hotel manager told us that they'd do the investigation and would keep updating me if they found anything. I basically sent two emails to them everyday but their answer very slow. I really don't feel they take this case seriously so we decided to report this to police station. The day we went to police station,the General Manager of hotel showed up with a a bad attitude. He said that I should wait till they can find anything on their side. I should't accuse their staff is a thief. They need longer time to do the investigation. BUT!! they can't deny that my ring just disappeared in the hotel. And how can they ask me to give them time since I was just a tourist. He even told me: I lost my wife's ring,my child's gold ring, Jessie...bad things just happen.
My wedding ring was gone in your hotel and you just told me " bad things happen"??? To me,Its really unacceptable!
Those two rings were always put together,mine with serval small diamond but his not.
The only reason that I can think is someone took it away. The only person who can enter our room besides us would be the housekeeper,we locked the room before we went out and never went out again since we back from snorkeling.
This thing happened at 01/07, and I need to send them email to ask how's the investigation going,and they always said that they can't find anything. They never report updating news to me!
I'm very disappointed,not just because they can't find my ring but also their attitude.
So,if you wanna choose this hotel,please do not bring any value thing or you'll definitely regret!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jessie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We agree with all the reviews.. I would be repeating myself. The first impression is disappointing, a small grey building with the typical electrical spaghetti that seems to be unavoidable in Thailand everywhere you go. There's no grand driveway and entrance, but that's where the disappointment ended. We stayed there last week, in Room 112 which was the European styled room. The bathroom is as big as the room, beautiful antique brass fittings. It was on the ground floor, central to the pool area. The breakfast is a la carte, so no big mass produced food buffet here and quite an well known restaurant worth a visit even if you're not staying here. The property is tasteful, small, with small details that make it unique to any other property. Yes, the beach is not great, but for a relaxing wade, sitting under the umbrellas and dipping in the pool, it is sufficient. Its not far from Fisherman's Wharf, motorbike hire is just across the road. The fragrance hits you when you walk in, thus the name.... I would definitely come back. Maybe stay in the front rooms, upstairs for the full beach view.

Room Tip: This is not a grand resort, rather more like a grand home, that you have been graciously invited to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeavemeinBali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I took vacation here. I stay at room 221 on second from at the end. It has the best panorama 180 degree view of the bangrak beach. For the price of this room ypu can't get any better of a view and space for this price. I like this room for one reason It's vintage style room and this room has it all. When you walk into this room it's like stepping back in to time.

• Stayed May 2013
TheScent s, Executive Assistant Manager at The Scent Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Davidnuu,
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

With Kind Regards,

Mayuree O.
Executive Assistant Manager
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

There's completely call SMALL LUXURY RESORT...Just 13 rooms are uniquely by the design. Restaurant are the best in Samui. Best ABF ever I had in my life. Not far from airport & Chaweng Beach. Every convenience stay especially you can buy Karmakamet. You can walk throughout the hotel with fabulous aromatic scent. FAbulousssss

I will be back soon :-)

Room Tip: Choose beachfront room will make you memorable stay !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank t_fabbb
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I traveled on my own to Samui for some quiet time. I knew nothing about the layout of the island, towns, or beaches. What I did know was that I didn't want to stay in a touristy, dirty, and noisy area.

The Scent ended up being a great choice. Architecturally speaking, it is very attractive and quaint. The pool is not large, but great for a cooling dip. The rooms are well-appointed and styled with panache (and a great scent). The restaurant and bar area are open and well attended - but not cheap by Thailand standards. Frankly, the breakfast is priced way too high. I chose not to include it in my rate (long-haul jet lag always messes up my eating schedule for a few days, anyway).

If you are looking for a hotel with a great beach to swim, this is not it. The coast off of Bangrak is very shallow and mostly clay. The beach itself is great for a lay-about, and the water is warm, but walking on the clay-sand to get deep enough to swim is not a great experience.

Just up from this hotel I found one of those great family-run seaside restaurants that keeps bringing me back to Thailand. Though you CAN walk to many restaurants near this hotel, I gave in after two days and rented a scooter. I thought it was a dangerous idea at first - but I ended up having a great time riding all around the island.

The old Fishing Village is just up the road - with many restaurants to keep you satiated. If you want to day trip over to Chewang, it takes about 15 minutes by motor scooter. I wasn't impressed with Chewang - it met all of the bad criteria I listed at the start of this review.

Thailand... it has a way of taking you far outside of your comfort zone while simultaneously relaxing you more than just about any other destination.

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash and get a sea-side room with outside access. They weren't available when I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I cannot add much more to Jewels_Gva review below it pretty much sums up this hotel. It is beautiful in a lovely location and the food is excellent. We also found it strange in such a small hotel we did not once meet a manager. Although the staff try very hard they don't really seem to know what to do. There is a touch of Faulty Towers about this hotel.
They offer afternoon tea and we asked for coffee - we were told NO it is afternoon tea you get tea. To be fair some time after they returned and said the invisible manager had approved coffee.

The other thing we liked was that all prices for food and drink were inclusive not the usual ++.
We did not swim in the sea but enjoyed the pool.

Overall I would return for another short stay (we stayed 2 nights) as it offers great value in Koh Samui and we did enjoy our stay but the management need to improve.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is what a boutique hotel should be. A small, charming and well-appointed hotel, it only has a few units all overlooking a pool. Each room has its own theme and is decorated as such, down to the small details.

Sure, perhaps the lighting is a bit too dark. And perhaps there isn't enough water pressure coming from the antique brass piping. But this hotel is about mood and ambience and it gets the proportions just right. Its total opposite is the Holiday Inn, where you can have the conveniences you want, but stripped of all charm.

It also has quality toiletries and incense (it wouldn't be the scent hotel otherwise).

It sits on a beach in Boput; perhaps not the nicest beach on the island, but definitely among the quietest and far from the crowds of Chaweng.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo