“Superb!”

Ranked #2 of 151 Bophut B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We loved this place! We ended up here due to a mistake in bookings, so were only here for one night - but would happily have stayed longer.

The hotel is very simple but elegant and the China room (which we had) is simply fantastic. We loved the food, especially the breakfast (we chose the Asian menu) and found the staff very friendly and attentive.

I especially liked the special touch of choosing your own scent for the turn-down service! We would definately recommend this place to other people and loved the stone swimming pool.

Room Tip: Choose the China room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank richard t
mayuree o, Manager at The Scent Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your positve compliment and sharing your very positive feedback with us.
I will pass your compliment to our Chef Jutamas who create a wonderful food and to all hotel staff.

We are glad to hear that you like our Chinese style Sea Breez Suite and had a lovely time with us.
I am not sure that you have seen our 3 difference type of room we have. For your next holiday you can try our European style, local style or Beach Front Suite and We wish that you can stay with us longer.
For our scent o we are certainly proud of by 3 choices , moon shadow, morning dew and embrace.I wish that you could try them all.

Please feel fee to contact me if your would like to plan for your next holiday with us.

we are certainly looking forward welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards

Mayuree Ongcharoen
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sendai, Japan
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We first discovered this hotel a few years ago when staying next door. This review is an amalgamation of several visits over the last four years.

The good:

-beautiful design
-very private walled hotel
-only 11 rooms
-wonderful stone swimming pool
-aroma themed hotel
-friendly staff
-good breakfast included in the price
-good location in Bo Phut

The bad:

-dinner is incredibly expensive
-can be noisy -depends on other guests
-expensive compared to other local options

Overall:

This is an extremely stylish and private hotel, very relaxing in a quiet area of Koh Samui. It is one of our favourite hotels in the world and we stay here once or twice a year.

Try the restaurant at the Como Resort next door for cheap food, laundry, and bike rental.

For a couple or family trip, the Scent Hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sendaiben
De Panne, Belgium
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice situated restaurant "Le Jaroen" with a friendly staff.
Good food, but too small portions. A little bit more inspiration should be welcome.

marc and annemarie
16/02/2012 and 20/02/2012

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marcetannemarie
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were caught by the simplicty of the hotel. We thought we would have nothing to here staying in such a little hotel. After staying a few nights, we just realized the comfort and luxury that we had in front of us. It was private, relaxing, comfortable and the staff and food was great! It was like in a movie where living in an old colonial times with people servicing you all day. We could use the pool or even go for free afternoon tea at mid day and still be carefree as everyone was doing the same thing. The beach is clear and always calm that we could walk out to deeper end. I don't think I have ever seen or stayed in a hotel with such a fantastic view which is so relaxing. The room we had was so gorgeous that made us want try staying in the other types that they had but unfortunately it was full. We also had a very unique dinner with some excellent cooking from the chef. Later found out that this restaurant had a following on the island with great food and wine to it's name. Overall was great unlike the other big hotel that would need to becareful and behave and to follow the many policies that they have but over here it's luxury with a class coz we got the same treatment and everything that you could find in a hotel but with a touch of class and care! My wife and I will not go back to those big hotels anymore for sure after what we had found and experienced. This hotel has my vote for any recommandation and we will definately return with a few friends it will be like a little private hotel for friends to gather in a faraway place.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Jmzlea
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at Scent Hotel with my husband when we went on holiday in Thailand. We stayed there for three nights.

We experienced a few disappointments with them: they did not waiting for us at the airport to pick us up when our plane was delayed, they did not give us the room they promised and their forgot our spa appointment. The spa departement is not really a spa, rather a massage departement. I got a manicure and pedicure there, which was not really excellent, in addition, it was a little bit pricey.

Except for that, the room we got was very spacious after all, and it had a private balcony with direct access to beach. It had all necessary in-room amenities and then some more. The hotel arranged a guided tour for us on Samui for a good price. The food in the restaurant was excellent.

This is a hotel for couples getaway, where you don't have to share the hotel with noisy families with small children or hipster youths at around 20. It can be a little difficult to find the hotel, but it doesn't matter as I felt very well taken care off at the Scent Hotel. Will definitively give my best recommendations to this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank enflux
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was looking at the pictures I took here in November. I had a really nice time since it was my surprise get-away for my birthday.

It was nice to chill out by the pool, go for a stroll on the beach. And we took awesome pictures jumping in the pool and on the bed.

However, the breakfast was one of the worst I have ever had. Sorry to say. The toast was the saddest.

I had some pasta with tomatoes, splashed with oil (too much I am afraid) for lunch. Around five, I was getting really hungry. I asked kitchen to make me a pancake and we will pay for it as much as they want. They said they can't... Well we had to go "out" to eat, which was a pity.

I rate The Scent Hotel a 4 out of 5 because I spent only one day (and one night) there but I think they should seriously do something about their cooking....

Room Tip: We booked by the beach. That was lovely.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fairybee
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 11, 2012

a beautiful surprise trip by my then-boyfriend *now fiance* as he proposed to me at the hotel!...from start the end, the service was immaculate. we were greeted by hospitable staff whom asked us for a scent we would like for our room...5 mins later, upon reaching our - we had a seamless medley of scents infused! from the aromatherapy oil through to the amenities...i was head over heels in love with this place! highly recommend it to couples who are looking to spend quiet time with their other half....

Room Tip: boutique hotel with 25 rooms so all rooms are beautifully located
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple