“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #28 of 218 Specialty Lodging in Bophut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I spent 8 days at Absolute Sanctuary for the living foods detox programme and it was a great experience! The resort itself is beautiful, clean, well kept and maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful and always smiling.
I ate only raw foods for 8 days and a day of food from the 'normal' menu. All food was fresh, delicious and well presented, even though I did get bored of the raw food after that long. But far better than doing a juice fast in my opinion!
My only complaints, which may be too harsh a word, my only suggestions were:
Detox Juice menu - could benefit from more fruit focused options (there are 3 now) as the rest involve some vegetable in them.
Colonics - my package included a daily colonic however it was up to me to question why i need a daily colonic for 8 days when I was still eating and digesting. So by day 4, the colonic was only removing the raw food I had ate before. I then swamped my colonics for other massage treatments which I wasn't even aware was possible. I think this should have been discussed during the entry consultation according to my specific needs, and not just have been assigned the 'standard' treatment inclusions.
But all in all, I would definitely go back to Absolute in the future, as I left so completely relaxed, 2.5kg down and more flexible due to the daily yoga.
Wonderful place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Gnat100
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive comment which i will share with our team to improve our services and products.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay at Absolute Sanctuary and really look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
malaysia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed in Absolute Sanctuary for a Yoga Training Course for two weeks in January 2014.

The venue is wonderful for that purpose. It is peaceful, quaint ( although Moroccan theme which is quite odd considering that the Thai designs are superb), the staff are friendly and helpful, the yoga studios are well equipped with props. All in all, a rather suitable setting for training purposes.

I had a deluxe room with a beautiful view. Nice personal toiletries are supplied. There is also a yoga mat thoughtfully placed in the room. The room was very well cleaned everyday. Good choice of pillows. Please note that the rooms are minimalistic,with coloured cement floors and cement tables, benches, wardrobe.

The food is so-so. A lot of variety laid out buffet style but it needs to be improved in terms of taste and balance. For example, they serve chapati-type roti with nothing suitable to go with it. If an eatery serves flat bread type roti, one would expect a dhal or a curry to go with it.

It is convenient to go down to town with the shuttle or by taxis. However, Koh Samui is a touristy place and I find everything here expensive, including taxis and car hire. I was told that everything came by ferry, as it is an island. Hence compared to other spots in Thailand, the stuff here is priced higher.

All in all, I had a great stay at Absolute Sanctuary. I cannot comment on the spa as I did not use any of their services.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room facing the pool and sea view. It was rather nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank shanti288
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Absolute to other travelers via TripAdvisor.com. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

I will share with the team and believe this will help them keep up their good work. And for the comments for our food, I will share with our Head Chef and kitchen team.

Thank you once again for taking your time to write this.

London
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Well if you want your yoga twice a day and 7 days a week, this is the location, but you can mix and match, light detox, or hot yoga, absolute fit, loads of different classes, and you can come to the classes as and when you want to yoga away with all the yogis! Jana, Alicia Ampinee, quality teachers that go the extra mile!! And the staff in the resort, they are fabulous, nothing us too much trouble!! Try it and you will never want to leave !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor about your stay at Absolute Sanctuary & Yoga Center. We are more than happy to learn that you enjoyed our Yoga Holiday Program. I will definitely share these nice comments to our team which I'm sure this will help them keep up the good work and continue providing the best services.

On behalf of the team, I wish you have a great year and hope to see you on the mat in the future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I signed up for a week's detox program due to some niggling health issues related to my serious sugar consumption, I wanted to break the cravings and start afresh for 2014 while catching some sun. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't find the TA reviews too helpful and they are quite mixed. I'm starting with the negatives as there are so few. The nice quiet beach (Choeng Mon) is a 30 min walk from the hotel. It really is lovely (I didn't go to Chaweng as heard it was quite lively so there would be more temptation!) so I wish I could have gone more, but when you are on the detox program or probably any program, your daily schedule is jam packed. The hotel do run plenty of shuttles to both beaches, but the timing didn't work out even if I altered all of my daily activities to different times. The walk is good for you I suppose, and not the hotel's fault it isn't on the beach! Just something to be aware of if choosing here. I've sat here for a good 5 mins to try and think of another negative, but I don't have one! So the positives: The staff are amazing, I am shocked that anyone on here could say otherwise. They all remembered me after the first day too, down to my favourite food and drink and which day of my detox I was on! The manager, Claire, is particularly lovely and went out of her way to meet me after my spa treatment to apologise for a small leak in my bathroom (it was so small I didn't even report it...the cleaners noticed!). She insisted on upgrading me to a deluxe room from my basic room which was so nice and beyond necessary. Also worth a shout out are the yoga instructors, Jana and Alicia who were so friendly and in my top 5 instructors of all time (I work as an instructor myself).
This brings me onto the yoga...I've never really been a huge fan. I had a daily class included in my program as well as 30 mins meditation and I wasn't sure whether I would bother. I am SO glad I did. I even tried hot yoga which I loved and have taken up now I'm home! I am not one to meditate, but the sessions were so interesting, we did walking meditation and other movement so at no point did I fall asleep like I do usually. The studios are better than my expensive health club at home too and the towels and post-class yoga tea were much appreciated. The facilities and general decor are of a 4* hotel, but perfectly maintained. I reached all of my health goals and went from 56kg to 52kg in the 6 days I was there (I'm 5'5 and fit, amazed!). I'll be back again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Claire E
absanc, Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor about your stay at Absolute Sanctuary & Yoga Center. I'm glad we did have a chance to meet up during your stay here. I will definitely share these nice comments to our team which I'm sure this will help them keep up the good work. At Absolute Sanctuary, we always try to ensure guest has met the goal and I'm delighted to learn that you now started 2014 in the way you were looking for. Please feel free to let me know if you have any plan to come back as i believe there are much more programs that now suit you like Yoga Holiday Program:)

On behalf of the team, I wish you have a great year.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at Absolute Sanctuary for the 5 day Ultimate detox program. I travel alot and stay in hotels and resorts of pretty much every description. Usually nice ones. The program itself was great. The surrounding are amazing and the yoga program was awesome. I was only able to do a few classes. Jana is a very good teacher and really knows her stuff.

However I believe that there is a few things to be aware of.
Pro's.
Staff were always friendly and assisted where ever possible.

Rooms great, spa grea, juices also great.

If you get a chance get a massage from Maow she is awesome!

Con's
The internet is very patchy and drifts in and out. Sometime no internet at all.
Although Dr William is pretty much avaliable (great guy) I believe there should be closer monitoring for people. Even just 2 mins a day to check on people. (especially newbies to detoxing)

Lack of choices for the included detox juices. However I know that Dr Will was trying new ones as I left. So hopefully next time.

All in all great place and experience! I will be recommending to friends for sure if they ever want to do a detox and are in the vicinity that Absolute Sanctuary is the place to go.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Austin7545
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We have shared the comments with our team especially Meaw, our Therapist. I believe this will help them continue providing the best services to the guests.

Regarding the wi-fi, we have managed to upgrade the signal to be more stable and our IT officer continues checking this service at all time now.

And for the detox drink, yes Dr. Will has managed to come up with other new 3 Veggie Juice.

Thank you once again for sharing your stay with other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Maybe it is the bad weather, or maybe the moody staff or a certain lack of common sense, not sure, but it did not work well for me.
Rooms are great though, so are the bathrooms. The pool is nice and big, with lovely pool bar staff. Food is disappointing, not much flavor and variety. The spa is working hard to get your treatments right but they are not always successful. Most of all, they don't seem to care about guests and extending a good level of service.
The resort is not on the beach nor nearby town, some local massage parlors nearby are as good as the spa. Not good value for money

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 285Bernie
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It is really one of the best resort you can select to start courses for Detox Treatments OR Youga Classes.
All Mangment and staff are so helpful, kind, approchables and supportive. From the warm welcome to the emotional good bye, It was really so friendly environment.

Room Tip: All Rooms are Excelent
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Hassan H
absanc, Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time writing about Absolute Sanctuary, Koh Samui.
We believe this will be very helpful for other travelers who're looking for a great place where they can combine their holidays by giving themselves a gift of well-being.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any promotions/packages for your future visit.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Health Oasis Resort
#2 of 12 in Taling Ngam
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#6 of 187 in Bophut

Been to Absolute Sanctuary? Share your experiences!