“A 3- star hotel with good yoga”
Review of Absolute Sanctuary

Absolute Sanctuary
Ranked #28 of 219 Specialty Lodging in Bophut
Hong Kong, China
“A 3- star hotel with good yoga”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Joined their 7-day fitness program. Yoga and personal training were very good.  I enjoyed it thoroughly. Food in the only restaurant here was surprisingly tasty. It proves healthy food doesn't need to be boring. Too bad they were weighed down by the hotel side. The room was decent but services were mediocre. They let me in my room before it was made up after the last customer. The staff left so quickly that he didn't even see the room wasn't made. It was pretty disorganized. They still used hand writing invoices when you ordered from the only juice bar. Same for massage appointments. Every staff member at the restaurant and the juice bar decides what is or is not included in the package. It was inconsistent sometimes. Staff tried their best but it's very obvious they aren't properly trained to receive hotel guests. Just go bearing in mind it's a 3-star hotel with only the basics. You will enjoy it then.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Amazing Stay in Absolute Sanctuary.
I did the 5 days SPA Holidays Program but as the rooms were full I stay in another hotel close by.
Everything was perfectly organized. SPA treatments were amazing, Staff is incredibly friendly, smiling and always here if you need help.
The food at the LOVE KITCHEN is so savoury and healthy, great choice of menu...
Yoga teachers are very good too, Kez really helped to improve my Yoga Practise is less than 3 lessons.
I would definitely return to this place...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lolapyla
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've stayed twice now, first on a 5 day Spa Holiday programme and most recently a seven day yoga programme, and definitely plan to return sometime next year. It's a lovely place, with friendly, charming and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms and excellent spa and yoga facilities, with a variety of classes catering to all levels. The pool is gorgeous, and it's a relatively short walk to Choeng Mon beach.

I noticed that since my first visit in November, they'd taken on board the suggestions about increasing the number of lounge chairs around the pool as far as possible, and during my week there most recently, it was not busy so I never had any difficulty getting a chair. I love the toiletries in the rooms - they come in big pump bottles, rather than little plastic bottles that are replaced every day.

My only criticism on reflection is the limited selection of meals available on the yoga programme menu as opposed to other programmes (the spa holiday and "Be Fit" programmes, for example). Some of the Love Kitchen's best dishes were not on it, and I didn't understand why. Why couldn't all the vegetarian dishes on offer be included on the menu? Also, only some of the yoga menus had noted whether the dish was vegan, gluten free etc - all menus should have these marked. But this is a minor issue. I'd definitely recommend it for a healthy, relaxing break in a beautiful and warm environment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sekhmet1
melbourne
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am still feeling wonderful a month after returning to wintery Melbourne. Absolute Sanctuary is a lovely low key destination where there are a range of diet options and plenty of support. The staff are charming and the rooms extremely comfortable. I also did a daily class of yoga (plenty of classes to choose from each day) and a massage. I learned a lot from this experience, not only about eating well, but also about the incredible benefit of relaxation in a healthy environment with plenty of sun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My 18 year old daughter and I traveled to Absolute Sanctuary in July 2012. I did a lot of research before booking the trip because we were looking for a Detox Spa. I wanted it to be a reputable place run by professionals. We chose the 7 day Cleanse/Detox with the 3 day pre-cleanse and a 2.5 day post-cleanse. While there, I remarked several times that it turned out to be exactly what I had hoped for. Whether choosing from the regular menus or the various Detox menus (raw or vegetarian) the food was fresh, creative and tasty. I had never attempted a detox/cleanse so I expected to be pretty hungry during those 7 days. As it turned out, I wasn't and I think it was due to the steady schedule of detox drinks that we were allowed. We also made colon-hydrotherapy part of our plan. Well, that first day ain't for the faint of heart. Simply put, it just doesn't feel good to have liquids (purified water, coffee, apple cider vinegar, probiotics) streamed into your colon. That's just a fact. However, it gets easier with each session and there is a noticeable feeling of lightness as you progress through the sessions. The staff was professional and every inch of this resort is CLEAN. I was so impressed by that. The rooms are not luxurious but they are definitely adequate. This isn't the Park Hyatt, it's a wellness resort in Thailand. In my research, I did find resorts offering similar services that appeared to have more luxurious surroundings but they also cost $2-4 K more. Spa services were first rate. As part of our program, we were treated to a massage nearly everyday. Yoga classes were well taught and the Yoga space (The Jungle) is large and lovely and again, clean. We had consultations at the beginning and end of our program which focused on individual health issues and goals. I would suggest only a few things to the management at Absolute Sanctuary. First, I have to concur with other reviewers that the resort is really short on lounge chairs by the pool. I only mention it because it seems like such an easy fix. I believe I counted 13 total and although we were there off-season (highly recommended) there were a few times when no lounges were available. (The resort hosts a fair amount of Yoga groups. They are very busy with their training but do use resort facilities and that is when there isn't enough seating around the pool). Lighting in the bathroom. Perhaps atmospheric lighting is just some trend these days and I'm out of the loop? I can't seem to stay anywhere that has enough bathroom lighting to allow me to keep my eyebrows in shape and prevent me from sporting a "woman-stache" during my stay. Up the lights people! Even during detox, a lady likes to do some maintenance! This is not a resort for children. It is really a very quiet and simple place. Kids would be bored stiff. The staff is great though there is a communication problem with many of them. I think it would help guests to have employees who are comfortable speaking and understanding English at the front desk, at least. In other areas of the resort, it just doesn't matter that much and it just helps to keep your sense of humor. For instance, my schedule showed that I was supposed to take an herbal laxative. I approached the employee at the pool bar where I had been told to go and it only resulted in him pretty much saying the word "laxative" in a very loud voice to every employee in the immediate area. Then they all started saying "laxative". Proximity to the airport is excellent. Truly, it is no more than 10 minutes away and no, there was no airplane noise. I would do it again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, this may not be the resort for you. There are no ramps and all room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank TingNa
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Didn't stay here but joined two yoga class here, I was searching for yoga practice while staying in samui n this place seems to be my best choice, the website is very professional n detailed, when I emailed them, I got reply the next day.

For drop in is 650thb per class, 3 class is 1200thb, I joined the restorative class n ashtaga Vinyasa class, both very good, the instructors r both very detailed n explained every posture n helpful. The jungle yoga room is big n bright surrounded by trees so it's very pleasant n peaceful while practicing.

I toured around in the hotel for a bit, the spa center is nice n large, the pool is big n has the mountain view, the restaurant has free computer for Internet n also many books, there is also a gym next to the yoga studio, n the hotel has many different detox program, the whole place is very peaceful n quiet, I believe it is a good choice for detox/diet/exercise. But not for someone want to party, coz they don't serve alcohol, and all the dishes r light n healthy.

The area is very quiet n exclusive, there are only other big luxury resorts n hotels in the area, the closeted street with shops n 711 is 5 mins away by moto bike. They have free shuttles to chaweng a few times every day though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank justjuliet
Bangkok
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Escape from crowded and kids' noise. Here is the good place for us. No family group with noisy kids and No smoking smell annoyed us. The real healthful hotel. But package seems very expensive. But if you have a lot of time package yoga in a week or 6 times was not much.

Room Tip: Have some more things to do because nothing to do. You can lean yourself on beach chair to see the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Health Oasis Resort
#2 of 12 in Taling Ngam
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#6 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Absolute Sanctuary? Share your experiences!