“The yoga center is great”
Review of Absolute Sanctuary

Absolute Sanctuary
Ranked #24 of 227 Specialty Lodging in Bophut
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Didn't stay here but joined two yoga class here, I was searching for yoga practice while staying in samui n this place seems to be my best choice, the website is very professional n detailed, when I emailed them, I got reply the next day.

For drop in is 650thb per class, 3 class is 1200thb, I joined the restorative class n ashtaga Vinyasa class, both very good, the instructors r both very detailed n explained every posture n helpful. The jungle yoga room is big n bright surrounded by trees so it's very pleasant n peaceful while practicing.

I toured around in the hotel for a bit, the spa center is nice n large, the pool is big n has the mountain view, the restaurant has free computer for Internet n also many books, there is also a gym next to the yoga studio, n the hotel has many different detox program, the whole place is very peaceful n quiet, I believe it is a good choice for detox/diet/exercise. But not for someone want to party, coz they don't serve alcohol, and all the dishes r light n healthy.

The area is very quiet n exclusive, there are only other big luxury resorts n hotels in the area, the closeted street with shops n 711 is 5 mins away by moto bike. They have free shuttles to chaweng a few times every day though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank justjuliet

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Escape from crowded and kids' noise. Here is the good place for us. No family group with noisy kids and No smoking smell annoyed us. The real healthful hotel. But package seems very expensive. But if you have a lot of time package yoga in a week or 6 times was not much.

Room Tip: Have some more things to do because nothing to do. You can lean yourself on beach chair to see the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I took the the 3-Day Detox Signature Package:

First off, this resort is located in Koh Samui, Thailand. Your experience starts as soon as you take your first step out of the airplane upon landing in Koh Samui. The beautiful sun, the jungle backdrop and the resort looking airport! Truly a great start. I was greeted by the driver from the Resort, who was well spoken and absolutely friendly.

As I arrived to the resort, which is set away from the main road, you enter the dirt road surrounded by nature and a security gate, I was already feeling rested and secure. The first night was simply learning about the resort. It all begun the next morning, meeting with the professional consultant to discuss my lifestyle and how to improve it, as well as explaining into more detail what my body will go through in the coming days.

There's no need for me to go into more detail on the next few days, but the resort and its facilities and staff were all 5 star, the yoga was just mesmerizing, set in a glass room surrounded by nature. Absolute went into in-depth detail to ensure consistency across the whole experience.

One nice extra was that you can rent scooters via the hotel. The pricing is just a little higher than if you go into town and rent, but when you're in town they will ask you to leave them your passport. With the hotel, you don't need to. I took the scooter out visiting nearby towns and beaches. Not too far away is Bo Phut, it has a beautiful beach where you can get cheap massages right on the beach!

Well... I can say that I lost a few pounds, which wasn't the main mission. I felt truly cleansed, the yoga was another amazing experience which I will never forget. I am hopefully returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank zkhoja
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I needed to escape the host of bad health and stress issues of life back home, and was absolutely blown away by this place, a pristine retreat in beautiful surrounds. We each did separate packages, an ultimate detox and a rejuvenation package, and were absolutely amazed at the range of spa treatments that were included -- DAILY -- into the package. The staff were so friendly and attended to our every need. I loved the yoga classes, but more than anything I have gained a perspective on health and wellbeing that will change my habits back home. We left refreshed, significantly healthier, almost new people! I will definitely be back and can't speak highly enough of the package programs to anyone who is seeking a holiday to recover, unwind and improve their health and wellbeing at the same time.

This trip really was probably the best gift I've ever given myself!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank NikT-Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We didn’t stay here but we had several hours before our flight departed so we
spent the afternoon at Absolute Sanctuary. It’s only 5 min from the Koh Samui airport so it was really convenient. For 650 Baht you can use their beautiful infinity pool, sauna, lockers and you can take a yoga class in one of their nice studios. We had lunch at the Love Kitchen and while the food was good- it’s all organic and detoxer friendly- but it was overpriced in our opinion. Very peaceful place to spend an afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janine M
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I needed a break from everything, but also a place that offered lots of yoga classes and Absolute Sanctuary was the perfect place.

What did I like?
- The service was outstanding
- Excellent choice of yoga classes offered. Great teachers. Kes was one of the best yoga teachers I've ever had. Very hands on. I learnt a lot.
- The spa was nothing short of amazing. I couldn't wait to go for the 90 minutes daily Thai massage. Other treatments were just as great. The therapists were great and the so was the atmosphere.
- The juice bar was great.
- Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated

What I didn't like so much?
- Why a Moroccan themed resort in Thailand???
- Not enough lounge chairs around the pool
- There are several reasons I wasn't a fan of the Love Kitchen. The menu on the web site looked great, but upon arrival I quickly realized that only a small selection of dishes were offered to guests on the yoga holiday program. There was not enough Thai dishes on offer. Seriously, who goes to Thailand to eat burritos and Cuban delight??? Also, I was disappointed that the only tea that was included in the breakfast was Lipton black tea. Also I was not a big fan of the location and set up of the restaurant. The outside space is not big enough to cater to all the guests. Who wants to sit inside in an air conditioned room with bad lighting? It would have been nice to be able to eat around the pool
- The resort is lacking a cozy area for guests to hang out after dinner

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
10  Thank EmsterJ
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed there for 3 nights with a friend who has gone back there 6 times in the past 4 years.

The service was tip top from ALL their members of staff. They were all very attentive and friendly; well groomed and knowledgeable and confident in their areas of responsibilities.

The resort has only 38 rooms so it was very peaceful - perfect for a yoga state of mind.

Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Their restaurant, the Love Kitchen, (cute name), serves very healthy and organic dishes and health juices - not all fab but were all very well prepared, presented and wholesome. I enjoyed the complimentary veg broth which is highly recommended for anyone on a detox. Yums!

They screen movies nitely at their function room where we were each provided with a wide comfortable deck chair with a pillow/bolster and blanket each.... superb pampering.

They are 12 mins car ride away from shopping belt, Chaweng, and complimentary shuttle is available several times a day. Also about 15 mins away from the airport so visiting Absolute Sanctuary was really of very little effort.

It's a resort that has everything you need: yoga, massages, talks, etc... I'd definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank CCinSingapore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
9 mi away
#2 of 185 in Bophut
Saree Samui
Saree Samui
#2 of 467 in Ko Samui

Been to Absolute Sanctuary? Share your experiences!