“Quiet hotel away from hustle but small improvements would make it better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punnpreeda Beach Resort

Punnpreeda Beach Resort
Ranked #78 of 184 Hotels in Bophut
New York City, New York
“Quiet hotel away from hustle but small improvements would make it better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated for tours as the piers are right next door and when being picked up we were driven literally 2 buildings away! The pool and beach area are fantastic and make the hotel, but there could be small improvements which would make this place much better.

We stayed in the room right above the lobby so had no view. The floor was very slippery and could be quite dangerous for elderly people or drunk people as I nearly slipped several times just walking normally in the room. The wifi is not good at all and so don't think about streaming anything late at night. They only provide one toilet roll and 2 towels for 2 people and there weren't many hanging hooks or bins in the room which could be simple improvements I believe. The rooms also don't have a lot of privacy and so our curtains were closed for the whole time we were there. The rooms along the route to the pool were even more open to guests having a look when walking along.

The breakfast was good and there were about 7 choices to pick from as well as the usual unlimited cereal, bread, fruit. We didn't try the lunch or dinner as the prices were quite high.

The location isn't the busiest, there isn't much around, but we hired a scooter from the hotel (from an English guy Ian) for 250 baht a day which seemed like the easiest option and we had no hassle at all. The airport is literally 5 minutes drive away but prepare to pay 200 baht per person for the taxi to and from the airport as it's privately owned so there are no metered taxis about. The taxis along the street are also apparently not metered but we never checked.

This hotel is good for the pool area and for being right on the beach, but if you're looking for more nightlife then I would suggest Chaweng. This hotel is an ideal location for starting the tours though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank eloisewl55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I loved this small cozy resort which is located at Bang Rak area. The resort was very clean and well maintained. Great view from the swimming pool and the restaurant which are faced the sea. Staff was very helpful and always smiled at me when I asked a service. My flight was late afternoon and they offered me a room to take shower before leaving. Also they let me used a hotel's mobile phone for local call because the phone in the room was out of order. Breakfast at the restaurant was very good with fresh fruits. It was truly a very relaxing & peaceful stay with Punnpreeda Beach Resort. Definitely, I'd love to stay again next time!!!

Room Tip: I stayed a villa #103 which was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chic_Corea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay. In fact we liked it so much we ended up extending our stay, twice. You can rent quality mopeds right from the front desk from a local vendor, that speaks english. I wasnt sure about him at first but we had no issues. The speedboats that take you to the full moon parties are litterally 100 ft down the beach. Which believe me is a major benefit on the ride back. 5 am is no time to be wandering around koh samui on a full moon weekend looking for a ride home. The hotel staff were great and so was the food in the restaurant. Of all the places we stayed in asia this was the highlight. Worth every penny.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roger W
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the main building for one night,went to Koh Tao and returned to Samui for a few nights and this time, chose the villa! Nice little villa, can hear the waves and see the ocean from our villa! Clean, uncluttered, fantastic views! The staff are extremely helpful!! Ryan is a gem and the girls organised our round the island excursion to sight see!
Our driver was a really lovely man.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, there is nothing like sitting in the open air having breakfast and listening to the waves. We will return!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mctutums
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at Punnpreeda for a total of 4 nights and it was wonderful. We booked a room in the main building but since it was on the road side we were worried it might be a bit too noisy. We requested to change rooms and without any hassle we were upgraded to one of the villa´s. I have to say that the room in the main building was just as nice, but the villa had a certain charm and it was closer to the ocean. All rooms are clean and tastefully designed.The staff was most charming and very helpful. Even the gardener helped me with my heavy luggage, which for me proves that this is probably a team who works well together. As mentioned everyone of the staff was very helpful, but I have to mention Nui who served us breakfast every morning. Although she supported Germany ;-) in the World Cup we absolutely loved her friendly smile. And Nan at reception was also most attentive. The food in their restaurant is great and really affordable, we ate there may times. I loved their Basil Chicken!! The hotel is a short distance from Fisherman's village which is really worth the visit. Do take a taxi or rent a (motor)bike. We walked which is a bit dangerous when you walk along the busy road. There are probably not that many restaurants/shops in the surrounding compared to Chaweng but it still offers you all that you need for a quiet and relaxing holiday. If I would come back to Samui, and I'm looking for something quiet and relaxing I definitely stay at Punnpreeda again!

Room Tip: I was there with a friend but if you are on a romantic 'get away' I would recommend to book...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The room itself that me and my partner stayed in was very nice and cosy, it had air con, was very quiet, and had a very large bed!

The hotel features an emerald green pool,which at first I thought was due to extensive amounts of chlorine but turned out to be the tiles! Which faced the beachfront.

The downsides of this place is more it's location, and restaurant.

Firstly, it is not very close to much else other then it's small part of the beach.

And then the food we were served at the restaurant was overpriced for very average at best food.

Stayed July 2014
Ballstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Me and my Boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights in a seaview villa on the beach.
The hotel is amazing, Staff is lovely and so helpfull with everything.

We got upgraded to a supernice room for a little amount.
The rom was amazing and so romantic, we even had a jacuzzi in the room and a "private beach"

We are allready planning our next trip there!

all over i cant find one bad thing with this resort, everything was perfect!
Thank you so much, and specially thanks to Ryan! see you soon!

Room Tip: The villa with oceanview is the most romantic rom ive been in, so if you are a couple looking for so...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple