The hotel is perfectly situated for tours as the piers are right next door and when being picked up we were driven literally 2 buildings away! The pool and beach area are fantastic and make the hotel, but there could be small improvements which would make this place much better.
We stayed in the room right above the lobby so had no view. The floor was very slippery and could be quite dangerous for elderly people or drunk people as I nearly slipped several times just walking normally in the room. The wifi is not good at all and so don't think about streaming anything late at night. They only provide one toilet roll and 2 towels for 2 people and there weren't many hanging hooks or bins in the room which could be simple improvements I believe. The rooms also don't have a lot of privacy and so our curtains were closed for the whole time we were there. The rooms along the route to the pool were even more open to guests having a look when walking along.
The breakfast was good and there were about 7 choices to pick from as well as the usual unlimited cereal, bread, fruit. We didn't try the lunch or dinner as the prices were quite high.
The location isn't the busiest, there isn't much around, but we hired a scooter from the hotel (from an English guy Ian) for 250 baht a day which seemed like the easiest option and we had no hassle at all. The airport is literally 5 minutes drive away but prepare to pay 200 baht per person for the taxi to and from the airport as it's privately owned so there are no metered taxis about. The taxis along the street are also apparently not metered but we never checked.
This hotel is good for the pool area and for being right on the beach, but if you're looking for more nightlife then I would suggest Chaweng. This hotel is an ideal location for starting the tours though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an exotic island surrounded by turquoise seas just off the coast of amazing Thailand. An island rich in culture and beauty, yet home to a host of the world class restaurants and hotels. Koh Samui is just such an island. Imagine a community unlike any others, where people from around the world stroll in sandals and shorts along the street while mingling in shops. Where local people share stories of the past in legendary Thai style. Imagine a quaint beach resort where unique poured concrete is juxtaposed against natural Thai woods with 100 year old slant roof ceilings. Dramatic splashes of color ignite the soul while our resort's expansive windows offer views of Samui , nearby islands and the sea gently splashing on the butterscotch sand that will soothe the mind. Surround yourself with a sense of peace, love and style as you have never known at our Koh Samui beach resort. We look forward to welcoming you to Punnpreeda Beach Resort on Koh Samui ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Punnpreeda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnpreeda Hip Resort Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Punnpreeda Hip Hotel Samui
- Punnpreeda Hip Koh Samui
- Punnpreeda Beach Resort Ko Samui/Bophut