My wife and I stayed at the Ibis Ko Samui for 14 days from 29th January 2014... we were part of a U.K./Australian trip of 11 persons, to celebrate a relatives wedding. I found the hotel to be almost perfect. The staff were always polite and attentive.Very clean hotel throughout. Limitless wi/fi. The hotel grounds were beautiful and the pool area's faultless. I found the breakfasts were a little limited but enjoyable nonetheless.Try and get one of the 'Ocean View' rooms,they are dearer but worth it for the magnificent vista that will greet you when you wake up.
A couple of times the pool bar ran out of wine and draught beer but "what the hell" it really didn't matter as we were all having a great time ! A lot of comments were made about the small rooms and the limited cupboard space for clothes but to my mind, the Ibis is approaching a five star hotel but with 3/4 star pricing so who can really complain if the cupboards were small ? A lot of reviewers comment on 'Fishermans Village' and rightly so ! It is a MUST to go to. We found the taxi's outside the Ibis would take you to the 'Village' for only 200 baht per car full. Great value !
We found a good tailor in the Village called "Tom Collection" on the main road down to the coast. A lot of the group had pants,shorts,suits made etc and they were all perfectly made at a good price.If you enjoy Italian cuisine then pay a visit or two to "Classico" restaurant along the roadway running alongside the coast. You will not be disappointed. Another amazing trip we all went on was the "Red Baron" dinner cruise... a journey around the islands closely adjacent to the North coast of Ko Samui which is not to be missed... to miss this, is really a mistake !
The area of Cheng weigh ? which lies on the East coast of Samui ( about 15 mins drive ) is a lot like Patong over in Phuket. Full of life/tourists/restaurants/music but has a magnificent beach with fine sand.You can hire a car and driver outside the Ibis for a half day for around 2000 baht ( divide that between 6 of you and its peanuts ) the road around the island is only 50-60 kilometres long with many stop off entertainment area's on the way.
The wedding we went to celebrate was unbelievable... quite the most enjoyable event we have attended in many years. It was arranged by "Faraway Weddings". Their Villa is on the West coast and is perfect for sunsets. A beautiful, unspoilt beach. Quiet and unforgettable!
We had an unfortunate experience with one of the restaurants opposite the hotel called "Doyles" they had run out of a particular type of meal but didn't bother to tell us until all the other meals were being served !! on questioning the Irish owner about this let down we received no apologies, just a couldn't care less attitude. In his defence, there were a lot of people there but thats no excuse for rudeness. The other restaurant opposite the Ibis was "A.Ks" it was nice and the hostess couldn't do enough for her customers.In closing... Ko Samui is a treat, the Ibis Hotel highly recommended, Fishermans Village a must see, indeed a wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui