Stayed at the Ibis for 3 nights in Koh Samui. We choose this hotel to have a cheap hotel to use for the Full Moon party, but also to have a hotel that was safe, average and had a breach front.
The hotel is a very good price for Koh Samui, which mostly offers expensive isolated resorts, or budget hotels without air conditioning. The ibis is on the upper scale of budget hotels. The lobby was completely open to the outside, had a large couch, and a direct pathway to the beachfront. Near the beachfront is a large pool area, with poolside bar and free Wifi. (There is no free Wifi in the lobby or rooms - only paid wifi in rooms).
The beachfront is nice, with sun loungers and tables for the hotel guests. The beach is open to all the other hotels along the shore, but is still very clean. Occasional locals selling drinks, ice cream and barbecue will walk by to sell to you on the beach - try their grilled corn on the cob, it's excellent.
The break buffet brunch was an extremely cheap add-on and well worth it for a quick morning bite.
Rooms had a nice small balcony overlooking the grassy open lobby of the hotel, 2 beds that were sleepable, but not plush, a room safe, tons of tv channels and a small but decent size bathroom. Great air-conditioning. With Ibis you know you are always going to get a quality clean above budget average hotel room. As far as I could see, there was no elevator for the rooms at this hotel. The side I was on only had stairs for the guest, but I think there was a service elevator for the staff, so that may be available for guests with disabilities.
Nice perk of the stay was they put complementary large water bottles in our mini-fridge every day, which is needed in Thailand.
The hotel is not located that close to the downtown area or the fisherman's village but is a quick ride by taxi. The hotel is also an ideal stay for the Full Moon Party, which has a pickup as the hotel and the Full Moon Party has boats running until 7/8am in the morning back to Koh Samui, with van transport back to the hotel.
The hotel staff however was not very helpful when my iPhone went missing in a taxi I had used on the island. The staff actually laughed on the phone to the police when they told them I was trying to recover my iPhone from a lost taxi. I felt highly insulted by how the staff treated the scenario. The hotel did not give me any further assistance or empathy. On my own I searched down many taxi's on the island, talked with taxi drivers, until I could describe the driver I had, and then was lead to his home where I recovered my iPhone under the seat in the taxi. When using Taxi's always write down their ID #. I did not and the whole scenario could have been easily avoided had I remember the taxi ID #.
Average choice for Koh Samui overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui