“Great experience!”

Searobin Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in offering private SSI & PADI dive courses to the best locations in the area on a variety of boats to suit everyone.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I planned scuba diving to be part of my Thailand experience and booked Discover course with Searobin. It was my first time diving and was not sure what to expect. My instructor David was excellent- very patient; with great teaching skills. I really loved my first two dives and I decided to upgrade to an Open Water diver course. I had to- it was fantastic! You don't even have to bring a camera. The center offers to take pictures for you!
The diving sites they picked were beautiful- Twin Rocks, Buddah Point and Japanese Gardens. Japanese Gardens in Koh Tao is considered as one of the top 50 diving sites worldwide and it was great to be have it as one of my first diving experiences. Thank you, Dave! It was wonderful!

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An experience I will never forget!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My time with Searobin was absolutely amazing!! I had never dived before and have always suffered with my ears on planes so I was originally scared about how I would do. I had my own personal instructor and as soon as I expressed my fear to my instructor David, he made me feel so calm and was extremely patient with my ears while diving!

There is truly nothing I can fault this company on because while the instructors are always making jokes, they are extremely professional! And David actually helped by doing all my underwater photography for me so I could focus on my dive. I have heard of other dive schools where it is one instructor to 4 people, so you would be a FOOL if you dived with anyone BUT Searobin while in koh Samui

HK
“Wonderful diving trip”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my first diving trip out of town. Everyone in the diving center and my coach are very frinedly and helpful. they provided me a very good diving experience and AOW training. They also took care of my trip to the marine park and transportation. I would highly recommend this diving center in Samui.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First dive”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first diving experience. My daughter had qualified some time before, but I qualified just before the holiday. I was warned about dubious dive centres and people unable to speak in a european language. However, we seemed to have had a golden introduction to diving. Steve, our dive guide, was easy going and very knowledgeable about diving and more importantly the actual dive areas. Our dives ranged from 40 mins to just under an hour. We had 2 dives each off of Koh Tao and Sail Rock. We swam in the middle of a shoal twice, which is quite an experience. The fish managed to stay out of touching distance, but we were enveloped in them. The blue ray at Koh Tao at about 20m down was particularly memorable. There were lots of fish at both sites. Visibility was slightly better at koh tao, but at both sites it was at least 20m. There were a lot of boats at sail rock, but we saw hardly anyone under water. The boats we used had fast 3 large outboards (sail rock was 45 mins from koh samui on this boat and about 90 mins to Koh Tao). Both boats had toilets and the crew supplied you with water. The crew were also very helpful in getting your fins on and off out of the water. In essence we passed other much slower boats, so ask how you will get to the dive site if you visit.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank eddy_eldridge
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive centre”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I took a last minute dive trip for four days, I called up Searobin and they arranged everything for me in minutes including tranfers, accomodation and all my diving and made my whole experiance effortless. The two iinstructors I had were excellent, the equipment was in great condition and the dive sites were fantasic, could not recommend them enough...

Visited October 2013