“Beautiful peaceful location with immensely courteous & helpful staff.”

Q Signature Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #126 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We got a week's stay thru our UK timeshare company, so £104 for the week was gr8 value! Tho we met some Aussies who stayed for nothing via a promotion in Oz. Located above the beach, we had a huge room, with small kitchen and sea-view balcony, room 141. A short walk down the hill brings you to Cheong Mon beach/shops, plenty of eateries, including friendly Akbar indian restaurant, great n. Indian food. Kearo's restaurant is a small Thai place run by Kearo, a very smiley Thai lady, great cook and conversationalist. Had our first 2 Thai massages at Aromatic Massage, a glass-fronted clean and friendly place on the street, same prices as beach in much nicer setup. Back at Q-S, nice infinity pool overlooking the sea, Happy hour in pool bar from 3pm makes for a relaxing afternoon and chance for gr8 chat with other guests over many beers... Get a cheap deal and stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Qsignaturesamui, Manager at Q Signature Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you. It is a pleasure to know you had a pleasant stay with us.
Team Resort looks forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards, Management Q Signature Samui Beach Resort

Reviewed November 6, 2010

I was stranded at the air port, with bad weather canceling my flight, and managed to meet a lady who after trying to get me back to my original hotel, asked if I would like to try theirs.

I did and when I arrived I was treated extremely well, and give wonderful service, including updates on when my flight will depart, after two days, I was told that I could fly, they provided me with a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Qsignaturesamui, Manager at Q Signature Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear Guest,
Team Resort looks forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards, Management Q Signature Samui Beach Resort

Reviewed November 4, 2010

This was our 3rd stay at Q Signature. Booked 1 week through a time share company. The resort is definately looking tired and in good need of spruce up. The staff at reception this time could only speak broken English not fluent english as in our past visits. They also appeared bored and distant. We only had reception for 1 television station and told reception 3 times. Nothing was done and after the 3rd time we gave up. The room was cleaned only every 2nd day, not every day as in the past. The towels and sheets in our room were nearly thread bare and had seen better days. On the up side, it is in a great location, plenty of cheap restuarants and bars on Chong Mon beach and the infinity pool is great. Would probably stay somewhere else when we go back to Koh Samui.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Qsignaturesamui, Manager at Q Signature Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2010

Dear Guest,

I'm concerned about any inconvenience matter you experienced at
our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time
to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

Best Regards,
Q Signature Samui Beach Resort

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Our family is expat family staying in Bangkok and once in a year we need a break outside busy and bustling Bangkok. We have our little daughter who is 2 years old coming along with us. When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in in the lobby. Our little daughter was crying due to the being unfamiliar with this place so that we could not be able to do anything. At that very moment, we were approached by the friendly manager who told us to just leave the passport with them and they would fill up everythig for us. And the staff helped us carrying our luggage and brought us to our room. We kept our bags, and made our baby feel comfortable, the staffs brought our passports back with Guest Registration card which was already filled up but we just need to sign only for registration purpose. It is welcome experience we could get upon arrival. Then, we had dinner at the hotel's Royal Siam Restaurant since we were very lazy to go out . We tried seafood meals which we should try on beach holiday. We did not think at it would be that good since the restaurant was not very occupied. We did enjoy the meal a lot until our stomach was very full even our little daughter. Well, during our stay, we went outside for exploring of Samui Island, Nangywan Island tours and so on. It was really fun. Either at the beach or at the swimming pool inside the hotel, we were glad to see that some staffs are around to be ready for any assistance. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. On the departure date, we enjoyed until we almost miss the flight. However, hotel's reception staff called to Bangkok
Airways for express check in and the staffs accompanied us to help us on board the flight without any problem and we could take the flight back home without any problem. It will be in our memory for the touching service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Qsignaturesamui, Manager at Q Signature Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

We are new management team of Signature Samui Beach Resort
At the outset we would like to thank you for your valuable patronage. It is a pleasure to know you had a pleasant stay with us. Team Signature Samui Beach Resort looks forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Management Signature Samui Beach Resort .

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Totally agree with review from Manish_Makhijani below. Stayed at Q Signature with my girlfriend in mid September and with the cost of upgrading, the service and the overpriced hotel food and beverage felt pretty disappointed. Even after I told them we were here for my birthday, they still didn't offer any extra's or perks that you'd expect from a 5 star (supposedly) resort. We didn't go to the beach at the resort as it's grose, instead headed into Chaweng to swim. The buildings are very weathered and in need of repair and a good coat of paint. Staff need to smile more and make you feel more welcomed - they just seem like robots - as if they don't want to be there. We wouldn't stay there again, as there's way better value resorts in Samui, the one's that actually appreciate your stay with them!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smorgy71
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We were supposed to stay at this hotel for one full week but we left after two days and went somewhere else. The first thing that the staff told us when we walked in was how we would be better off upgrading our room - which is ridiculous when you walk in expecting a great vacation at a great place. Our room was facing the reception (and not the beach as lot of other rooms were) and they refused to change inspite of availability. The beach from the hotel was not really accessible, it was rocky and smelly. There are many other hotels in Koh Samui that have a far better beach view, much better service that Thailand is known for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Manish_Makhijani
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed for two weeks at the hotel. When we arrived, the lower pool was under maintenance so we could not use it. It was supposed to open after four days. During our stay the pool was closed the whole time. After ten days they managed to inform us of the other upper pool. It was to deep for our youngest boy but we had a life vest with us so he was able to use the pool anyway. We asked every day when the pool should be ready and each time they just laughed and mentioned another date. No information at all about the other pool for ten days. I think they should have inform us BEFORE we arrived that the main pool was closed and that there was no pool for our youngest. The kids where quite disappointed. We would never have booked this hotel if we knew that the pool was closed.

We booked through the timeshare company most of the stay byt the second week we had booked a two bed room through an agency because the timeshare romms where fully booked. We payed in advance before we left Sweden and showed the booking confirmation to the "Front Office Manager" before the second week. Everything was ok and he wanted to keep the confirmation. We let him have it....which we regretted. My parents in law left after two weeks and me and my wife should go to another island for another week. When we should check out they tried to make us pay again for the room. When we finally managed to settle things it turned out that the booking was made by my mother in law and the payment by my father in law. In the name on the payment confirmation the letter 'u' had appeared in the surname. Ok, different fornames, an extra letter in the surname. How many persons book, pay but do not check in during a specific week? It should not take genious to connect the names. I spoke with the Front Office Manager for over an hour, trying to make him find our booking and payment. The confirmation we already had given him appeared to be lost, he had never received one he claimed. He just asked for a confirmation and laughed at me and said that this was entirely my problem. I have never been treated like this before. When my parents in law got back home they contacted the agency and could finally settle the problem. Me and my wife finally where able to deposit our passports and could move on for the last week and later return for our passports. Many apologies, but they could not compensate us at all. We could have stayed for an extra night for free but we where leaving the country....convenient offer I must say. No compensation at all for our time and trouble, numerous phone calls to Sweden and the travel back to the hotel to pick up our passports. No, I do not want to go back to a hotel where problems are entirely up to the customer to solve, no way.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
Baywater Resort Samui
#4 of 10 in Choeng Mon
Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui
White House Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Q Signature Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!