Q Signature Samui Beach Resort
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$102
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$103
$76
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$67
  • Pool
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$267
$159
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
  • Pool
$711
$389
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
$434
$224
Hansar Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$173
$147
Agoda.com
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$204
$160
Priceline
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$122
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We came to the hotel on a timeshare offer which provided a week accomodation, 7 breakfasts, 2 spa sessions and free airport transfers, in exchange for attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation. Excellent value! The hotel has seen better days but is still a really nice place to stay. The staff were all very friendly, but the front desk could do with some better organization and some more English speaking staff.
The entrance road to the hotel is a bit shabby, but the hotel is fairly well located, a short walk down to the hotel beach, and a slightly longer walk around the corner to find plenty of restaurants and massage places.
Hotel offered free transport to Chaweng beach at certain times of the day. Otherwise taxi prices are quite high to travel from the hotel to nearby beaches and attractions...price collusion?
We suggest renting a car and spending a day driving around Samui. Scooters are cheaper, but higher risk...
Chaweng is packed with hotels, restaurants and clubs, great for night life, but a bit seedy during the day. Rather travel to Fishermans Village for good restaurant fare, but less night life.
The hotel has a travel agent on site to arrange trips to nearby islands like Koh Tao or Koh Phangan or to the Ang Thong National Marine Park (with the famous Emerald Lake).

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank DaveWickham
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Despite reading the Trip Advisor reviews before we booked we gave this resort the benefit of the doubt. Don't make the same mistake. The resort is dangerous and note another post regarding someone being injured because of rotten timber. It is everywhere. If you want to avoid injury stay away. The balcony rails, walkways (take particular note of the timber one entering the reception area that is bowed and ready to fall in), and pool decks are all rotten. None would pass a building inspection. They even admit to the lack of safety by placing small stickers on the balcony door saying not to lean on the balcony!! Admitting liability?

The rooms were good size and ours had a small kitchen. The beds are so hard you would be better sleeping on the floor. Bathroom shower area was full of mould. Cleaners could never get it right. Would forget to leave towels, water etc and we had to ring to have that fixed every day. The water would cut out on a regular basis so you had to be careful not to get caught soaped up in the shower with no water to rinse off.

Many of the staff tried their best to help us however their English was non existent. One young lady could not take an order even when you pointed to the item on the menu.

There was no information in the rooms to assist guests and we did not find out until about day 4 that they would run us down to the road (1 km) if we wanted a taxi or food from the shop. We had been walking in the heat each day and could have had a free service.

This resort is involved in timeshare/fractional ownership and they show prospective clients the renovated rooms. Be aware that most are not hired out just used to snare clients.

The top pool bar is separately owned and therefore food and drinks had to be paid in cash.

The only thing good about the resort was the view but not worth the risk.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annie_bogan
Reviewed December 23, 2012

With lots of varying reports I just want to add my opinion. My wife and I have stayed here five times and will be going again next year.

Apart from one occasion when we were upgraded to a Lotus Villa with its own pool, we always have a pool villa (sharing a small infinity pool with two other villas). The pool villas have absolutely amazing ocean views that continue to mesmerise us. Instead of walking over to the restaurant for breakfast, we always sit on our decking looking out to sea whilst enjoying a simple and relaxing fresh fruit juice, toast and jam. Idylic.

Others here have complained about the steep roads in the resort, but I can only assume they're either lazy or physically disabled because I'm in my mid 60s and have no trouble getting around.

The resort's own beach is pretty much a waste of time but the adjacent Choeng Mon beach is beautiful and only a couple of minutes walk away. Again there have been complaints about the walk but we've never had any trouble with the lighting or the steps so again can only assume the reviewers are partially sighted, in which case they have my sympathy. The main beach is the best place for excellent value massages and equally good value quality food. There's nothing better than lounging at a table right on the sand with a nice cold beer, lovely fish dish and starlight views across the sea.

The resort's restaurant is more expensive but always excellent for an occasion. We find an excuse to eat there every visit. The spa is a must for my wife who comes out beaming as well as looking wonderfully radiant.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful (typically Thai) so I can only assume anyone who has had a less than perfect experience with them has got off on the wrong foot by being arrogant and disrespectful - not the best way to get good service.

Are all the furnishings and facilities perfect? No, but nothing serious enough to put us off. I feel sorry for those who feel a need to complain about everything; their holidays must be hell. But it's those people who also complain about the hard beds, beds that my wife and I find particularly comfortable. It's all what you get used to I suppose, so those people should stick to boring featureless hotels in Western cities. To enjoy Thai life at its best you have to take a tiny bit of rough with the lashings of smooth.

The reports here that talk of the beautifully kept grounds and delightful architecture are unable to do the place justice. You have to be there to fully appreciate it. Go there with a positive attitude and you'll like it even more.

Room Tip: We've only been in Lotus and Pool Villas so can't comment on the other rooms. All the villas are fantastic, although some of the Lotus Villas don't enjoy a sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AngloAsian
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We check in and the receptionist is kind. Then we went for lunch at the hotel restaurant, the waitress is so rude and they don't even understand english. They even mix up between pizza and sandwich. The staffs always shout at each other. and that's very annoying.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank tkx1997
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked to spend 7 days with my family & on day 2 I lent on the balcony from my 2nd floor room & fell through the dry rot affected rail 9 metres to the ground. My injuries were a compression fracture in my spine & a broken wrist. I spent the next 4 weeks in a Thai hospital. Now back at home I have to have a spine operation and my wrist fused. The resort did not take responsibility for the incident, they even asked me to sign a letter stating the accident was my fault. I am now preparing for a legal battle with the resort and the owner. If you value your life DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Room Tip: We had four rooms and all of them were dirty. One room had no air-con, another room had a missing shower screen and wifi didn't work at all, another room had a rat and staff had to lay rat traps to catch try and catch it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family