“Phenomenal Food & Service from quiet beachside restaurant”
Review of Ocean 11

Ocean 11
Ranked #32 of 455 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

On recommendation, we ate here. It's set back off the main road, but right on the beach, sound of waves gently lapping.
Menu was varied and cheap for what was promised. I chose my first ever vegetarian starter of goats cheese followed by the lamb rack. Both were excellent and without fault, well maybe a touch of something sharp would have helped the goats cheese, as never having it before I did not realise how creamy (& delicious) it was.
Service was perfect with the waiter even folding napkin when the wife went outside for a cigarette, then pulling the seat & replacing napkin on her return.
The Australian couple celebrating his wife's birthday say next to us also commented that this was the best restaurant they'd eaten in and they'd been coming to Koh Samui for 12 years!
And cheaper than expected.
Highly recommend this place!!!

There are newer reviews for Ocean 11

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a really amazing restaurant. The food was fantastic and while it is dearer than some of the restaurant in Chaweng and Bo phut, you cannot compare them. The menu was varied with a mix of Thai and European. The food was beautifully presented and extremely tasty. I had the goats cheese starter and scallops to follow which were fabulous. The dining room looks out on to the beach which is really pretty.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

If YOU are in KOH SAMUI "OCEAN 11" is a MUST VISIT . FOOD is ONE OF THE BEST I've ever had. I went there with my family we ordered a plate of their SIGNATURE DISH
"SALMON WITH SEAWEED" and ... WOW!! SALMON was SOFT LIKE BUTTER it was ..FRESHH!!!and the SEAWEED were like green glass noodles but .. CRUNCHY!!
"then for the main course we ordered ;
LAMB RACK which was PERFECTLY COOKED (MEDIUM RARE ) it was JUICY , TENDER and I could see all the MOISTURE OOZING out of it
TUNA and the DUCK were just as MIND BLOWING !!
PRICE: Was quiet REASONABLE about 3000-4000 BHATT after 2 starters , 3 main courses and 3 drinks ( 2 Alcoholic)
RESTAURANT SET UP is descent , cute, cozy and just beside the sea . But..... People Who Don't Like Sitting in a hot , humid , AC less area [("DO NOT GO")]
Fans are onn but they aren't too effective. My suggestion is to the owner is to add a couple of ACs coz it's damn hot in JUNE and eating outside can be sweaty
NO dress code . casual beach wear is perfect but ladies no bikinis(i think)

2  Thank Aryan G
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We dined here very recently. Food is tasty. Very reasonable prices alcohol also
My only gripe was that red wine is chilled
If you want red wine at room temperature. Ring ahead
Well worth the visit

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ocean 11 is in a beautiful spot, right by the sea. The food was great, the service impeccable. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We were only on the island for 4 nights and we seriously considered going back to Ocean 11. We certainly would visit again if we're ever back in Samui.

Fantastic restaurant.