Blue Stars Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Longtailboat at Koh Sam Sao, National Marine Park, Bluestars
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 23, 2009

In April myself and my partner went on a day's kayaking to Angong Marine Park with part of the time spent snorkelling. This was a well organised trip and I can totally recommend using Blue Stars Kayaking.

The guide starts the day by explaining what to expect and what the layout of the islands are. There's fresh fruit to start and free drinks throughout the day. The boat is split into two groups with one group kayaking while the other explores the marine park, climbing upwards to get the views from a popular viewpoint. Fortunately BlueStars get there ahead of the other groups which allows us to go up and down before the masses arrive. A definite plus. The rest of the day was spent kayaking and snorkelling. Although the marine life doesn't seem to be as exciting as Koh Tao this was expected and isn't the fault Blue Stars. During the kayaking other guides take you on a tour of the islands. The guides were really nice and friendly which is definitely a bonus when going on a tour.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

It was fantastic, we had a great time with our two kids aged 18 months and 4 years old.

Reviewed May 14, 2009

I had made a group booking for around 40 people, from young to old. All had a great time!

The staff were great, food was delicious, and the itinerary was excellent.

I definitely recommend this provider if you are keen on seeing the Marine Park.

It's a fair trip out there, but flies by with good company or sun bathing on the top deck.

Great day.. don't miss out!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Didn't know what to expect about this trip just that we had since on videos from there web site about the trip.

It was beautiful well worth the trip. The only thing that we had wish that we had brought was our regular cameras to take better photo's of what we had since. We brought our H2O camera but they don’t work when you are in the caves (too dark.). They do supply you with WATER bags to keep your things dry.

When you go make sure the KAKAY every opportunity that you get because that is when you see the most beautiful things… like Crabs walking on the rocks (didn’t know that crabs could do that  )

The beach that you land on for an hour the guide will tell you about the GREEN LAGON it is a bit of a hike but take it is Amazingly Beautiful up there.

This is something that everyone should see… if you go ENJOY the trip.
Oh ya the staff is great too.

I found though the best way to get a hold of the staff is in the evenings because they are out on the water all day so they won’t be available until then or you can e-mail them as well they are really good at getting back to you in a timely fashion.

1  Thank Canadadownunder
Reviewed March 14, 2009

This trip was well organized from start to finish. The guide tried to maximize our time in places without other tour groups there. Everything was easy, fun, and enjoyable.

I reserve my "5-star" rating only because I was disappointed with the "marine park" overall. I came from snorkeling on the west coast of Thailand and diving in the Similans. I didn't expect this to be nearly as good, but I expected to see some sealife, which we really didn't. Just sea urchins.

If you want a great day away from the bustle of Samui, a beautiful boat ride, wonderful scenery, and great kayaking - this is a must. Just don't expect a lot of marine life.

2  Thank stanvard