“Top marks!”

Ranked #115 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Top marks!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

All the reviews are true!

This place stands out for me.
I happened upon it as spend a night in another guest house down the road which was awful.

This was and extra 200baht a night which I would of happily paid more for.

It's more like a hotel with guest house prices.
Aircon is the best I had in Thailand, rooms the cleanest and the customer service was fantastic.

My advice to anyone is that if your on a budget this is worth that extra few baht.

If I'm travelling again or just on a holiday in samui again I will stay here without a doubt

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank dougalldog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Plymouth
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't echo enough what Francesca has written below. The customer service we received at the Chaweng Tara was like nothing I've experienced before..... And I work in customer service. The main guy and his family were born to work in the hospitality industry. Genuinely interested in what you have planned for the day/evening and then awaits your return to hear all about it.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned daily including new linen and towels. You only have to cross the road and you're on the beach, walk 5 mins up the hill to great restaurants and amenities such as a 24hr shop. The owner will happily book taxis for you and when the girl I'm travelling with wanted to visit the marine national park, he called to book, arrange transfers and even haggle a few hundred baht off the price.

Chaweng Noi was the perfect location for me, everything you need on the doorstep but just outside the main resort of Chaweng Beach for a quieter setting. We felt so comfortable here and will definitely return.

Thank you Chaweng Tara family.....you're lovely!!

Damian and Kerrie
Room 404

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Daizyavfc
Sevenoaks, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can never really be bothered to leave reviews about places i stay and stuff but this hotel deserves it! Never in my life have i encountered such amazing customer service. This family run hotel is clean and spacious and brilliant value for money. Its quiet as its set away from all the craziness but close enough to go out every night. Your rooms cleaned (plus fresh towels and sheets) every day, theres a laundry service, its close to the beach and you have a fridge, safe and tv in your room. Theres no restaurant in the hotel but if you do fancy a night in they deliver anything in Thailand! But the best thing about this hotel is honestly the people. The family who own it are all so lovely and the main man running it is the nicest person ive ever met. good English and will go out of his way to help you. He even gave us his car free of charge for 3 days!!!!!! I can't explain how comfortable he made us feel........so you'll just have to try it yourself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank FrancescaR1985
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was fortunate to stumble upon this hotel. I walked in late in the evening and was greeted with a smile and given assistance immediately. One of the owners treated me warmly right away and set me up in a spacious, clean, extremely comfortable room. While the hotel is not on the beach, it's right across the street from the beach and resorts that are happy to have you patronize them with food and drink. There is plenty of beach access, as well as stretches that are open without having to go to a resort. The hotel is a short taxi drive away from the main strip of Chaweng. At Tara, I had my laundry done, and was given good advice on how to visit the other islands. I was also assisted by the elderly mother who is the main owner and who couldn't have been sweeter in her demure and helpful way. This is a great value for the dollar. Many hotels here are very corporate but this was a little family that welcomed you. It also happened to have the best bed I have slept on throughout my travels in Southeast Asia. I felt rejuvenated when I left.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank PickyNewYorker426
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The owner is friendly and pretty helpful. He upgraded room for me to superior room on the second floor. The room is big and the bed is comfortable. However, the bathroom is not so clean (Bath tub, spray hose) There're fridge and cable TV in room. There's no restaurant in the hotel. If you want to eat at some places nearby, you need to walk uphill about 5 minutes to the reasonable price restaurants and to the convenient store ,which is pretty dangerous because there's no footpath. You have to share a way with vehicles. At night it's quite dark also. I recommend you to walk to the right from in front of Chaweng Tara hotel. There's good restaurant in Impiana hotel nearby where you can also enter the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank junemitr
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed 13 nights at this hotel. Perfect cost effectiveness - 1000,- Baht (about 25,-€)- for me. I don't need a pool, only a quiet, well airconditioned and clean room with a little safe and a reliable chambermaid. There was always (24 hours) somebody on duty at the reception opposite the entrance. Therefore I felt very safe here too. . Extra services like laundry and some breakfasts and beers were charged reasonably. My room number was 405. As other reviews stated before: Very friendly and helpful staff. A family run hotel. I felt always welcome and at home here. It is of course a professional friendliness, but nevertheless a very pleasant experience. I wish we had more of this attitude towards customers in Germany.
The hotel's internet access downstairs was unfortunately out of order for the time being there, but WLAN/WiFI for my iPhone worked perfectly.

I would book again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank FullmoononChaweng
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We are here on our honeymoon and didn't have the budget for a fancy resort but we didn't want to chance it in a guest house. Chewing Tara was a great compromise...it's a great location, great room and great service without all the bells and whistles we didn't really need for this leg of our trip. The hotel is located directly across the street from a quiet beach lined by a few resorts and several quaint beach restaurants and bars. The hustle and bustle of Chaweng proper is only a short 5-10 minute cab/scooter ride away and both of these are easy to come by. We are grateful for the fre wifi and the helpful staff who arranged for laundry service for us and recommended/booked two day trips for us to enjoy while we're here. Perfect for travelers on a budget...but not on a shoestring.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank NCGrif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Marco Polo Resort & Restaurant
#62 of 104 in Chaweng
Chaweng Noi Resort
Chaweng Noi Resort
#35 of 65 in Chaweng

Been to Chaweng Tara Resort? Share your experiences!