“Good Value”

Homeland Resort
Homeland Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Phetchabun
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The rooms are basic but fully equipped and I would say excellent value. It is not actually that far out of town at all, it is only 6KM but it is hard if you do not know what to look for so I will explain here.
From town go on the road that goes to Lom Sak or Khao Kho and pass Rajabaht University and then start to look out for the big green sign that is only in Thai and you need to take that turning. Go down it, all the way to the end and then you will find it right at the end. It's a little tricky if you can't read the big sign for Homelands and even then you might think you have gone wrong like I did as you won't see it until you reach the very end.
Worth it though, the pool is big and has a deep end so you can do some decent swimming. It is a shame the restaurant closes at 9PM, I thought that was a bit early but that would be my only fault. The staff are really pleasant despite not speaking much English, you should be able to get by if you cannot speak Thai though. I go through Petchabun from time to time and from now on will always stay at this place. It was very hard to find their contact details online so I will write them here if I am allowed to: 0871955550 homeland_resort@hotmail.com

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MsDeeChiangMai

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at homeland as a family of 5 had a great time cheap rates good food cannot complain at all not 5 star but comfortable for the price swimming pool was great also we took some of our other family from the village for swimming and food all in all great

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and well decorated and I think the prices are good value. Pleasant grounds and swimming pool and average food in the restaurant. My favorite place to stay in Phetchabun, the only downside is that it is somewhat out of town.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Once again stayed at this small tidy resort for 2 nights late August. Most staff were very friendly and helpful and we used the same room as on previous visit which had everything one would need as well as being quite large.For the price this resort is well worth it and looks like it will be on my list for future visits.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay at the Homeland Resort the rooms were very clean the staff very friendly and helpful the price was cheap for the amenities, Great pool and laid back feel. We stopped on the second floor with rooms overlooking the pool their was a nice area outside overlooking the pool to sit and have a drink with friends. I will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool 414-416 i think
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J_a_y_1_9_7_1_12
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A couple, we stayed there 2 nights during the first week of this month,June 2013.It's fairly basic but at the price very good value.Really don't have any complaints about it at all.I do speak Thai so not sure if non-Thai would have any problem with staff. Guess I could complain that on checking out on the second stay I had to really search for staff to pay the bill;600baht.Finally found someone after some time to take the payment. I have relatives and friends in Phetchabun so visit there often; previously sstayed at the Kosit Hill which is good but has the typical Thai karaoke screaming most of every night so will never stay there again; Homeland is for me.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms near the entrance and road, there was a bit of road noise,next time I will try on...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fallang
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on multiple occasion's. I love the place for its layed back feel.
, great pool (when they use the filter)., every day about 100 adolescent thai's and a dozen obese Germans use the pool, and you will soon realise when the owner is being tight and not using the filter.
The rooms are basic.
I think they have upgraded the wifi since my last visit in January.
Food is great...but you have to insist a number of times for tem to lay off the chilli. ( my gf is thai, and even she has problems! )
Staff are great.
Dont worry about noise from the pool, the locals go home as soon as it is dark.
Kosit hill hotel is way over rated, has no local feel, and is usually double the price.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phetchabun
Klang Muang River Home
A Day in Phetchabun
A Day in Phetchabun
#2 of 9 in Phetchabun
Imperial Phukaew Hill Resort

Been to Homeland Resort? Share your experiences!