“Small tropical paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edge Hill
Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Edge Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

In my opinion Galvin's Edge Hill Bed & Breakfast is one of the most beautiful B&B ever. I was there with my best friend from overseas and my idea was show them the beauty of the tropical place, so different from Europe.
Nice, tidy and beautiful inside and outside the house. The swimming pool surrounded by nature is an authentic wedge of paradise. My friends took more picture at home instead in Cairns!
Also the family is really nice and helpful, and Julie was simply amazing!
I'm happy to have found a place like this and for sure it will be my future base in QLD during the next trip Australia.
Thanks a lot Jesse and Julie!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We appreciate the feed back. Hope to see you back in this part of the world again sometime soon. Best regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed with at Galvin’s B&B for a week during our Cairns get away. We couldn’t have picked better accommodation. In fact, the wonderful, self contained two bedroom apartment, stunning swimming pool and enchanted garden made it hard to go exploring!

Jessie and Julie greeted us with a warm welcome, made sure we had everything we needed and presented us with fresh breakfast ingredients on daily basis, including a fabulous fruit platter. Nothing was too much trouble. Jessie even lent us a hand with showing us how to split a coconut we found while we were out. When it was time for us to leave, we felt as if we were leaving behind some newly made friends, not B&B hosts.

The accommodation is self contained, spotless and very comfortable. The hosts look after their guest by providing anything you may need – hats, beach towels, esky, guides etc. The pool is salt water and pristine. The water was divine for my evening swims (even in winter!). Surrounding gardens are breath-taking. The amazing foliage and flowers were absolutely stunning (again, even in winter!). It is also full of surprises – a hidden pagoda, water feature or an outside shower surrounded by a stone wall for privacy and providing hot water all make this place magic to stay at.

The location is great for accessing the city, northern beaches and heading north in general. It’s also only 5 minutes from the airport, so we could kick back at the local Botanic Gardens on our last day, without having to stress about making the flight. There is an amazing choice of dining options around the corner and the hosts will give you pointers that only locals could.

We loved staying at Galvin’s B&B, and hope to one day return on our next family trip to Cairns. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your very kind review from trip advisor. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. It was great to see you making yourselves at home and relaxing around the pool. We hope to welcome you back some time in the not too distant future. Best regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our unexpected stay at this place but we never thought that we will receive such a nice and welcoming service by Julie.

It's a 2 bedroom house which you get to stay and you will get breakfast included.

They helped us out in every possible way, whenever they are available they asked to drop us in town or even at the airport.

This is really exceptional service and I have never seem anyone this much caring for their guests.

No doubt that we will be recommending this place to everyone who comes to visit Cairns.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Rishi S
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm pleased we were able to accommodate you at the very last minute! We hope you can return one day when it's not work related and have a holiday! All the very beat, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at over 10 different accommodations during our 5 week holiday, and Galvin's Edge was our favorite! The value is incredible! You get a huge space, and it is totally private. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating, but not intrusive at all. The pool and garden in the back are spectacular!! The breakfast was very substantial and fresh, and often was enough food to tide us over through lunch, too! We were able to do laundry and have high speed internet access for free. It truely feels like a tropical paradise! We were also walking distance from the red arrow and blue arrow hiking trails, and the botanical gardens. We would highly recommend Galvin's Edge!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kbrickne
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Many thanks for your very kind review. We enjoyed meeting you both and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the rest of your travels went well. Best regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Staying with Julie and Jesse was a wonderful experience. Both are very sweet, caring and knowledgeable about the area. Their accommodations were exceptional. We always had free Wi-Fi and Julie had delicious fresh fruit for us every morning along with our breakfast provided in a very comfortable apartment. They provided transportation whenever possible so getting around was very easy. We enjoyed staying at this bed and breakfast, a lovely place indeed! I would recommend this B&B to anyone (singles, families and couples).......it was one of the best and we were in Australia almost a month.

Room Tip: There is bus service right down the road and a grocery store nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diann H
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. It was a pleasure having you stay and we were so pleased to hear you enjoyed your dive trip, despite having a cold! Hope you have a very enjoyable festive season and our very best wishes for the new year. Regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We found Galvin's Edge on AirBnB, and though the Air site was frustrating, staying at Galvin's Edge was definitely NOT! Julie and Jesse have a bit of paradise tucked away just on the outskirts of Cairns, and our two night stay with my partner, my daughter, and her husband, was just what we needed.

Less than 10 minutes from the airport, easy to get to, and so easy to settle into our two-bedroom, bath, living room and kitchen area. A step out the back door to a lovely swimming pool surrounded by a tropical garden. Julie and Jesse made us feel so at home, stocking our fridge for breakfasts, with fresh plates of tropical fruits, yogurts, breads, cheese, coffee, tea, jam . . . I could go on . . .

We would definitely stay here again, and encourage others to consider it. I had a bit of unexpected business to do while I was there, and Jesse graciously copied, scanned and e-mailed for me so I didn't have to worry about the issue for the rest of my vacation.

Thanks, Julie and Jesse. You made us feel so welcome, and we hope to be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WoodswomanJet
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We loved having you stay and getting to know you. Thank you for your kind review. Hope you got a great view of the 'totality' of the eclipse. We look forward to meeting again one day.
Best regards
Julie and Jesse

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Gracious hosts Julie and Jesse made our stay at Galvins just like a stay at home. Everything that we could have asked for in a holiday home was available. I cannot forget my first interaction with Julie when I requested for a booking and she refused an advance deposit but confirmed that the booking was reserved for us. A warm welcome awaited us when we landed at Cairns. A fridge full of goodies, a plate of fresh tropical fruits cut by Julie every morning and left quietly in the Fridge, yummy yogurt cups...I could go on. Wish my time had allowed me a longer stay in Cairns.
Julie , Jesse and their family are lovely hosts and we promise to return to this tropical heaven. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We really enjoyed having you stay.
Best wishes
Julie and Jesse

Been to Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!