“Great Coffee!! Nice breakfasts”
Review of The Edge Food Store - CLOSED

The Edge Food Store
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The locals favorite coffee & breakfast/lunch hot spot open 7 days, with Genovese Coffee and Full Chef house-made menu. A foodie haven with deli & unique gourmet products from all fine food regions of Australian. Fully licensed. Sensational Catering and take home meals. Alfresco dining as well as air conditioned comfort amongst the array of delicious goodies packed on the shelves. Special dietary requirements catered for.
“Great Coffee!! Nice breakfasts”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The Edge has fabulous coffees!!

Also had the full breakfast, it was nice, but parts were not great. Was a little overpriced for what you got, wasn't a fan of the very chewy bread or the kransky.

The service inside was very good, but the wait staff need to pay a little more attention, they gave me the wrong thing.

My husbands vegie breakfast looked great, especially the dukka crusted avocado, very nice!

The deli inside has great delights to take home too!

A nice spot for a weekend breakfast, to watch the world go by in this busy edge of the world.

• Visited April 2013
Loren27, Public Relations Manager at The Edge Food Store, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for the great review ChapmanSar

Our Signature (full) Breakfast is always on our menu, but is tweaked every couple of months to keep the different elements interesting for our regulars. The kransky is being trialled, so thank you for your feedback. FYI you can request a change to a Bratwurst if you wish and also request different bread if the woodfired Italian ciabatta isn't your thing.

Thanks for the heads up with our team not quite getting things right, we are continually training and updating all our skills to hopefully iron out some of these issues.

We have been getting great feedback on the dukka crusted avocado, I only wish i could take the credit for that one.

Thanks for your constructive feedback, we are always very appreciative of this and try to take everything on board.

We look forward to serving you more fabulous coffee and great food very soon.

Cairns, Australia
“Great but pricey”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This used to be the only cafe to go to in Edge Hill and, living down the road, it was very handy. However it has always been very much on the expensive side (a coffee starts at $4 and goes up to $7.20... absurd! Any extras cost 60c). The food is fresh and delicious, but again very pricey. They also have a huge selection of deli products which have been marked up when compared to other places. The fact that a bunch of other cafes have opened nearby means this is no longer my first choice in Edge Hill...

• Visited December 2012
Loren27, Owner at The Edge Food Store, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hi Dino
Thank you for your review. We have noticed the new restaurants and cafes popping up around Edge Hill and we are excited about Edge Hill fast becoming the premier area for restaurant and cafe dining in Cairns. Competition is great to keep you on your toes and we are thrilled that our business - sales and revenue continues to grow. I believe that this is great news and very positive for Edge Hill and all of Cairns.
Owner - The Edge Food Store
Cairns, Australia
“I envy people having breakfast here every time I drive to work in the morning.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food is great here and the cafe is located in the hub of Edge Hill. The shop stocks some great gourmet foods (jellies, sauces, chocolates etc) and their breakfasts are divine. The coffee is really nice and I have enjoyed just about every meal I have had here.

I'm not overly keen on the amount of cyclists who have been taking over the cafe during their morning rides lately, though. The bikes all over the footpath are bad enough. Sitting next to sweaty and very loud men clad in (ill-fitting) spandex uniforms was something I would prefer to repress within my memories of visiting seedy Melbourne nightclubs in the mid-nineties rather than allowing it putting me off my Eggs Benedict.

• Visited April 2012
Loren27, Owner at The Edge Food Store, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Hi Kate H
Sorry for the very belated reply, but here it is.
Thank you for your great review, albeit very funny.
The council has installed some bike racks which has helped with the bike issue. Just not sure how to handle the sweaty licra clad riders - need to be diplomatic with this one, as they are also great customers. Perhaps sit up wind or maybe in the airconditioned comfort inside :)

Thanks again
kind regards
Loren Gillison (Co-owner)
Townsville
“Gourmet food in the Suburbs”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Edge Food Store is an amazing food heaven in the heart of Edge Hill Cairns close to the Botanical Gardens. I have been here on several occasions and the sandwiches have been truly delicious. They also brew a wonderful coffee. There are gourmet food items for sale like chutneys, relishes, chocolates, and sweet biscuits. My out of town visitors were impressed with the quality of the food on offer. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent considering the number of patrons in the cafe. I will definitely return to this wonderful eatery.

• Visited August 2012
Hello Nan S
I am sorry for this belated response.
Thank you for your glowing review, I am so glad that you enjoy all that we do at The Edge Food Store and that your visitors also enjoy their experience. Thank you for your feedback and support.

(Co-owner)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great place for Lunch”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a great place for lunch. The food is fresh, healthy and absolutely delicious. The staff are charming and helpful and the shop is stocked with a great selection of food and lovely chocolates for an after-lunch treat. When I am next back in Cairns I shall certainly go there again.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rainbowoverwales
Loren27, Owner at The Edge Food Store, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thanks for the fabulous review. We aim to please and love that you had a great experience in our cafe. Thanks for telling everyone.