“I'll be back again - Very impressed!”
Review of Countryman Inn

Countryman Inn
Birmingham
“I'll be back again - Very impressed!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

What a find! I only booked as it was colsest to where I needed to be for business, but I can honestly say this is one of the best places I've stayed for ages.
I have a lovely, warm, well appointed room. The menu is vast & both meals I've had have been excellent as was breakfast. The staff are friendly & helpful. Sitting in front of a real fire with a good pint & wide choice of newspapers - no better way to pass a stormy evening in Dorset.
They just need better signage off the main road! Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

A well run pub in a lovely part of Dorset. Rooms are well appointed and everything worked. I was delighted to find my room had SKY but unfortunately the box, which was just left on the floor, only provided the main BBC and ITV channels plus a few other odd ones. Irritatingly many came up on the guide but couldn't be viewed. Bed was comfortable and shower worked well. There was a little bit of noise coming from the bar below, but all was quiet after closing time. The evening meal was excellent both in terms of choice and quantity. Some good beers are stocked too. Check-in is at the bar and you have to carry your bags etc past the regulars as there is no separate hotel door, but no big deal. Staff are friendly and attentive. Car parking is extensive with some spaces right outside and more in a customers car park just a bit further away. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just arrived back home after four fantastic nights at The Countryman. Lovely warm welcome,super room-Honeymoon Suite-spotless.(Maybe could have done with another chair) Mark and Karen have a great team working for them and nothing was too much trouble-great to be able to have a good laugh and a joke with them-Lizzie is a star -Matt was great-so were the rest-Donna,Ross-too many to name-but all were always smiling making sure everything was okay. Really enjoyed the food. All in all Superb time. Going to try and get down again before Xmas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here quite a few times now and my opinion hasn't changed absolutely fantastic!! Mark and Karen and the rest of the team offer a fantastic service. This time we went to celebrate my mums birthday and they couldn't have done more to help me with organising something special for her. Will be returning again me next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. But it could have been so much better. Rooms were nice and spacious but not a chair in sight hence not very comfortable. Bathrooms were lovely but there was virtually no pressure in our shower. The meals were either great or not very good. The pub had a nice atmosphere but there's hardly a comfy seat to be had in the whole place. Staff were very pleasant but they didn't always seem to know what they were doing. The place needs focus and the kitchen needs a firm hand to ensure consistency. I was glad that we checked our bill as there were meals on it that we didn't have! The setting is lovely, however.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Apt611
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would highly recommend this accommodation. Mark and Karen [the owners] are exceptional hosts, nothing is too much trouble. Their staff are a huge credit to them, especially Lizzie, Matt and Donna who make you feel really welcome, it's like being at home with lots of friends, not a place you are staying at. The food is beyond belief, tasty and so 'moreish' with plenty of choice for all. This was my second visit and I will definitely be going back next year.
A big thank you to all at The Countryman Inn.

Room Tip: You will need to check if you are disabled as I don't think they have a lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We decided to take a last minute 2 day break to Dorset. My husband booked this Inn through a booking agency as we were very impressed with the photos on-line. Not so impressed with the agency, so make sure you book direct.
We were not disappointed, this is a lovely property. It is tucked out of the way but is very popular. We were lucky to have 2 very hot days, so the garden was an added bonus. When we checked in the staff made us feel very welcome. Our room was spacious and clean. They also have a very extensive menu, so we used the restaurant for both nights of our stay. Food was excellent and again the staff were second to none. Breakfast was included in the price of our stay and the full English was huge, so beware if you haven't got a big appetite !
Just one small negative (might not bother everyone). Our room was directly above the bar toilets and every half hour during the night we could hear the men's urinals flushing, as a light sleeper, I found this rather annoying.
Thank you to Mark & Karen and all the staff we met for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 is above the bar toilets
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Wool
The Red Lion
The Red Lion
#2 of 4 in Winfrith Newburgh

Been to Countryman Inn? Share your experiences!