“Excellent Food Relaxing atmosphere”
Review of Color de Hormiga - CLOSED

Color de Hormiga
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a relaxing lunch enjoying the table service, hammocks and aquarium. The food was excellent and fresh. I was a little disappointed not to see any hormigas on the menu but the four of us were all very happy with our meals. They are closed on Tuesdays.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was not very hungry and asked for a salad, it came with such a nice presentation, fresh, delicious ! I also had such a great pinapple and mint fresh juice. Very good value, funny decoration and the waitress was very nice. Recommended !

Reviewed April 24, 2012

nice place, good menu, using the ants as a fundamental. The only observation: takes so long to prepare the meals, so come prepare to wait!

1  Thank LUCABogota
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This restaurant is recommended all over the place (guidebooks, hostels, etc.) for their ant sauce. Indeed the steak with ants that I had was really very good. Not that I'm a connoisseur of ants, but they really were palatable. Defininetly worth a try. And the steak, salad, juice and bread were all excellent as well. This is definitely a more well-to-do restaurant than most in the area so prices are double or more what you'd pay elsewhere. But excellent service and environment makes it in my mind well worth it.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

I just wanted to try hormigas culonas and as it was early this was one of the few places already open. The restaurant is located in a very pleasant house and staff was simply outstanding. I had a chicken breast in ant sauce - the sauce was nice and the ants crispy but overall it was a kind of unremarkable dish for the price. Not to say it was bad at all. Actually the only con I can think of is that some of the dishes on the menu (which is not really extensive) were not available. Been there in January 2010.