“Fabulous food in a great atmosphere!”
Review of Mirador El Pueblo

Mirador El Pueblo
Ranked #16 of 59 Restaurants in Atenas
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I ate at Mirador on multiple occasions during our stay in Atenas. Each visit greeted us with some terrific food! In addition the service is top-notch and the view is breath-taking looking out the back of the restaurant.

The restaurant is a very open-air setup, so it always seemed comfortable and the overall architecture/layout of the place makes it seem like a huge place!

My wife and I (and kids) enjoyed many of their dishes - breaded fajitas, arroz con camorones, arroz con pollo, fish with garlic sauce and some of the steaks were some of our favorites!

The fish is always very fresh and cooked just perfectly! The chicken dishes are seasoned very well and have a fantastic taste. The rice + shrimp/chicken/etc... are HUGE portions as are most of the dishes! You should plan on being hungry when you come here or just plan on taking food home with you!

Prices are overall reasonable - a great meal for 2 can be had for < $20 which works for me (and take some left-overs home!)

The service was always prompt and friendly when we visited and looked after out needs with great attention and detail.

Overall, a fantastic place to enjoy a meal with loved ones while taking-in the wonderful view of the central valley. It's a little ways outside of Atenas, but worth the drive/taxi.

1  Thank AlanGardnerTexas

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The bumpy road has been fixed, a bit, fewer potholes. But it is always worth the drive. This is one of our go to places when we have guests or make new friends. The sea bass & garlic melt in your mouth. Terrific view, wonderful staff. Very good drinks. A pleasure every time!

1  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had been wanting to to Mirador el Pueblo for sometime now, and we finally went this week with some friends for lunch. The atmosphere is terrific and even though we were there on a cloudy day, the view was amazing. I had the typical Tico Casado with fish "ajillo" (with garlic butter sauce) and the portions were huge. The other 3 in our little group raved about their meals too. The service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. Mirador is definitely now on our list of "must visit often".

1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited the Mirador as a recommendation from an acquaintance. Her food choices and the reviews I read before going were right on the nose. We were a party of four celebrating my 49th wedding anniversary. Our party chose Shrimp in Buttery Sauce and
a Fish plate and a combination of shrimp and fish in white sauce. Of course we all had to taste every dish! Each dish was delightfully seasoned and cooked to perfection. The restaurant was empty except for a couple of folks at the bar, but I am told it is seasonal. I am just glad it was open for us to experience one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The whole experience was superb. Great night light views of the city. Very clean restaurant. I will go back if possible. I strongly suggestion you call a taxi, it is difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area and a portion of the street has big pot holes.

1  Thank Inez T
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have never been in the Mirador that I needed to wait for my menu, food, or friendly conversation. Always the best, with great prices for belt loosening plates of food.

2  Thank J.B. I