Orchid Tree
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Barons Resort(Atenas)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
$159
Hotel Colinas del Sol(Atenas)(Great Value!)
$59
$57
$131
Priceline
$99
$90
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
$70
Hotel Robledal(Alajuela)
$84
$84
$62
$52
All reviewsb bsan josecosta ricawonderful placebed and breakfastliving areadelicious breakfastcovered patio areala paz waterfallsfruit treeseach morningabout minutes from the airportlast night of our triporganic coffee farman excellent hostgrounds are beautifulfell in love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We spent a night in Atenas on our way to the Nicoya Peninsula. It was the perfect alternative to staying in the hub-bub of San Jose and plenty close to the airport. The room we had was very basic but clean. But it's really the property of the Orchid Tree that makes it so welcoming and amazing. There is a large central area/kitchen with couches, tables, coffee table books, and music. It's very comfortable. We didn't get in the pool, but it looked really nice as well. I would definitely recommend as an alternative to staying in San Jose.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed our last night as is only 20 minuted or so from airport. Loved Atenas. Frank and Rita the owners are wonderfull and very helpful. Fantastic breakfast that is included in the 80 dollars for 1 night lodging. This would be a great place to stay at as your base for a few days or more to do day trips to other areas. We will be back

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tim f
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I travelled to Costa Rica for dental work (which I can also highly recommend--the cost is much lower in Costa Rica while the quality of the work is very high). A friend found the Orchid Tree on Trip Advisor by chance and being only 20 minutes from the dental clinic I decided to change my accomodation plans from a large international chain hotel to this small and charming B&B. This was a great decision because, in addition to the location, the relaxing setting of the Orchid Tree and the treatment I received from Rita and Frank really made me feel like I was in a tropical paradise even with my (very) sore mouth. They even drove me to the clinic and picked me up after the procedure (thanks to the beautiful new highway to the capital this only took 20 minutes and no painful bumps!). I was so happy with the whole experience I will be going back to Costa Rica and the Orchid Tree for some more dental work in April!

PS: Thank you Rita for making me all the fabulous fruit smoothies after the procedure!

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank James C
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I travelled solo to Costa Rica for the first time in November-December for 27 days and wanted to find a nice relaxing place to stay for my first 5 . Orchid Tree was perfect and I loved it from the minute I arrived. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable with a large shower and plenty of hot water. The open air living room and kitchen are amazing nestled in the middle of the perfectly landscaped lush grounds. There is an area around the pool which is covered and has swinging chairs and loungers making it a great place to just relax and soak up some sun. The property has an automatic gate at the front making it very secure. Believe me I've travelled all over the world and i loved this place so much I returned for 2 more nights at the end of my trip.

Thanks Rita and Frank!

Shelagh

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I visited Atenas because our son is attending school there. The inn is beautiful-so homey. Our bedroom was decorated in beautiful taste but most of all, Rita and Frank took great care of us. They arranged a trip to La Paz park and recommended perfect dinner spots. We loved hanging out in their open air living room with them. I have not stayed at an inn with such attentive owners. Atenas is a lovely town about 30 minutes from the airport. Don't stay in San Jose, stay here. The climate is perfect and the flowers are gorgeous. It is the perfect location to explore Costa Rica. Great breakfasts and superb cleanliness.

Room Tip: It seems as if all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family