Vista Atenas is a beautifully situated B&B if you want something beautiful and serene, close to the Alajuela airport. There are a small variety of rooms. The best are the cabins which are separate from the main building. The breakfast is very nice. The pool is very small and while we really enjoyed Vista Atenas, we would advise you to strongly think of this B&B as more appropriate for couples or very, very quiet families. It is not the kind of place for families with kids that are looking for a big pool to dive and jump in. It's an excellent place for yoga, meditation and a serene, quiet visit. There is a family dog (Achilles)...a big friendly beast with a big bark. He was very gentle with our kids.
Poas volcano is at least a 90-minute drive away. Make an effort to get tere before 10am if you want to see the caldera or the lagoon. Both are usually covered in clouds and fog after that time.
If you need great food close by...I strongly recommend Pizzeria Alena at the bottom of the hill and a few hundred meters down the road to the right. Superb, homemade pizza. Watch her make the dough...it's an experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short 35 minutes from San José International Airport, the lush rolling countryside, with its bountiful fruit orchards and sweeping valley vistas, magically transforms as you ascend the winding mountain road that brings you to the vibrant celestial mosaic that surrounds Vista Atenas B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Atenas Bed And Breakfast
- Vista Atenas Hotel Atenas