“Good place to unwind”

Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Calamba
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just got home from Sol Y Viento Hotels and Resorts. As usual, went there with friends for leisure.
As we are college students, it's quite hard finding the right dates for our annual out-of-town gimmicks so we went here October 31-November 2, 2013. We stayed at their Cabana (room with indoor jacuzzi) and the other night in their Team Room. We bought a voucher from Metrodeal which offers an overnight stay at their Cabanas for 888 per person. For the second night, we grabbed their Ber-kada promo, an overnight stay on their team rooms with free sets of breakfast and sodas/beers for 799 per person.

As we arrived at the resort, we were assisted in our rooms with a caddy (golf vehicle) :-)

The Cabana was awesome! They have its own kitchenette (electric kettle, microwave oven, rice cooker, fridge and grill), which helped us lessen our expenses. We brought our food and was charged for 200php corkage for 3 days, which was supposedly 600php as they charge 50php per person per day, and we're 4 persons :D. They stated on their policies that bringing in of soda or water is strictly not allowed, but we bought one ourselves. However, they didn't check our items, so it was a thumbs up. Haha! We were assisted in operating the indoor jacuzzi, and whenever we needed something, the staffs responded to us quickly.
The only cons in the cabana is that, the tv signal has only one channel (ch.2), the TV can't read mkv file formats; and also big spiders can enter the room from the tiny spaces of its roof and walls. We had a hard time sleeping, watching over those big spiders when they move and we're a bit worry that those might crawl over our bed while we sleep or maybe on our foods. T^T

On the other hand, in team room, it was fine too! We had 4 towels, 2 bunk beds, a TV that can now read mkv and other file formats, and 4 cabinets. Only that, there was no kitchenette and stuffs. There was also a small hole that I guess it was where a big spider fit in to enter our room, there were also "antic ants" so better not to leave your foods unsealed.

Food: We only had breakfast in their restaurant and it's an average type of breakfast served in a restaurant, so it's fine :-)

Staffs are super friendly and accommodating.

Pools are clean, we enjoyed the first night, but not on the second night (Nov. 1), because there were a lot of people swam on jacuzzi pools and we can even smell something stinky like urine on those pools.

Overall, we would definitely come back, and I'll recommend it. :-) But not for picky travelers, I guess. Maybe also depends on the number of people on your dates.

Room Tip: Better bring your own food and pay for corkage if you're taking the cabana rooms, as foods in re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tintin C

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We held our wedding here last Friday oct 18. and it was awesome.the view is amazing. every crew was very accommodating. they even grant our wedding wish that our two dogs will walk the isle. also special shout out thanks to miss Shara their sales manager and their FMD director for catering our every need and even exceeded our expectation thru out the process. they payed attention on every details and executed it well. Job well done. Our meticulous band was impressed with the sound system provided by the venue. the food served on the buffet table was great according to my guests but the plated food served to the presidential and VIP table was not as good as the buffet meal according to some who tasted both also I was not impressed by the tapa served for our breakfast but the clubhouse was good. for decoration they did a superb job on it including the flower arrangements. My only negative feedback on them is sometimes when we ask for something to be done it takes a while before they respond they seemed to be always waiting for an approval on higher officials even thou its as simple as carrying the drum set inside so it wont get wet by the rain.most of the command given needs to be follow up before executed and also for the staff we wish that next time in a themed occasion be more uniformed someone wearing red is a bit of an eyesore he's the only one who's wearing a bright red color . but never the less i give them a review of 9.5 out of 10 given 10 as highest. thank you so much for making our special day extra special we know and we saw your effort in giving out your best!

Room Tip: choose the cabana it has indoor jacuzzi
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mykie S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What we liked about it is the indoor jacuzzi, but the problem is the water is not warm enough, it just feels like lukewarm and it takes some time to heat up. The place is good, the view is awesome since it is situated on a high place. Other reviews mentioned the aircon, and they are all right, it really sounded like a taking off airplane, which really is annoying when you try to sleep. Also, there are undergoing expansion of the area so expect to hear some construction noises. Please see my room tip to help you choose the best room.

The swimming pools are awesome, they are all clean and have different levels of temperature.

Room Tip: Do not choose Cabana #1 because just above it is the main building which is currently under construc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CJayson
Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you are not booking the cabana with its own indoor hotspring Jacuzzi then this place is basically not a good option considering this is located within an area of cheaper and newer private hotspring resorts.

Construction works is on full swing when we get here. You cannot check-in early even though you have already advised that your group will be early hence if they can give you space for your group.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jaysantos_dot_ph
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Me and my family will definitely come back! We paid P3700 for an overnight stay in one of the cabanas. The place is on top of a hill so you should expect lush greens all around. We didn't avail free breakfast or free dinner or didn't even try their restaurant because of all the reviews we read here. We brought our own food because the room had its own rice cooker, microwave, small refrigerator, grill and electric kettle. It wasn't all heavenly though. Let me explain to you:
THE BAD (don't get dissuaded by the bad. The good far outweighs it):
No wifi - I hate hotels that don't have wifi. Free or not.
Cable TV is bad - we were initially situated in Cabana 1 but had to transfer because the cable TV there couldn't get any signal. The technician told me they couldn't do anything about it because that room really has bad signal. I wasn't going to settle for it so their Supervisor transferred us to Cabana 3. Cable was better but had only 3-5 paid channels. Oh well...
Jacuzzi - they didn't provide much instruction on how to operate it and there were no signs how to. Result? It overflowed and spilled into the room. See pictures of the staff cleaning it. You also have to call the front desk to have the heater turned on.
Lighting - was okay but in both rooms, there were 2 lights in every room that were not working. The staff told me they were busted.
Bathroom - both bathrooms had a smell coming from the sewer (I guess). Not a very nice smell but wasn't very noticeable except if you have wolverine-like sense of smell like I do (it's a curse). I think it's because the bathrooms don't have exhaust. It only has a tiny window. They should put some deodorizer in every room. Also, the hair dryer wasn't working.
Beds - very hard but was okay as long as it's clean.
Airconditioning Unit - this was the worst! I read in one of the reviews here that they stayed in a room where the AC unit sounded like it was going to take off. He wasn't exaggerating. It was soooo noisy if we weren't tired from swimming and walking around, we wouldn't be able to sleep. They should really do something about it.

THE GOOD
Shuttle Service - our cabana was situated on a lower part of the area so we had to be shuttled by a golf cart. My kids loved it! So did my husband and I. When we were about to leave, I just called the frontdesk and they sent a golf cart to pick us up and bring us to the parking lot.
The room - Our room was called a cabana. They are stand alone units so you had privacy because the other units were far from each other. The room had two beds, and were big enough. Had a small dining area inside and outside. The grill outside was big and had a faucet beside it.
The pools - really warm and luxurious to swim in. They had waterfalls coming from the big rock design they have overlooking the pools. It was only the 4 of us but when I asked them to turn it on, they readily did.
The surroundings - it.was.marvelous. It's on a hill so you will see nothing but greens. Totally loved it. Can't describe it enough so let my pictures tell the story. It's fairly new so everything is still clean and nice.
The Staff - customer service was excellent. Special kudos to their Supervisor, Venice. She took care of us when I complained about the cable tv by transferring us to a different room. That is customer service! I want her in every resort I stay in :).
The Jacuzzi - that was the highlight of this stay. I don't think I will ever stay in a resort if it doesn't have a jacuzzi from now on :(. From the pictures here, I thought it was small where we'll have to bend our knees so all four of us to fit. It was huge! my kids were swimming around in it. Plus, there was a big window that showed the outside surroundings with flowers, cliffs and the sky.
Bottomline? My 7 year old didn't want to leave the place anymore. For that price, it was more than worth it. I will return over and over and will ask friends and family to do the same. I am a fan.

Room Tip: Don't choose Cabana 1, bad cable. Also, book online and not directly from them as online booking...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Wency777
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find. Easier to get to the resort with a vehicle as it is on top of a hill. The view is breathtaking from there. Eating at their restaurant with a view of laguna lake was very relaxing. Food was good as well but a little overpriced.

The dorm rooms are value for money. No cable or internet though. No soap or shampoos included.

There are 4 pools as of now. Only 2 are warm enough. The others are lukewarm water.

Customer service was very good. Staff were courteous, asked for feedback and even the front desk helped me load my bags in the car.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mcjv_75
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night. Wish we could stay for another day but already made reservation with another hotel. The place is fairly new so the facilities as still clean. The room was not too small but has private pool/spa which is a plus. Room air conditioning is good ( got to have it when you're in a tropical environment ). We did'nt order any food so I could not comment on that. Rates are reasonable ( U.S. $ 80.00 + ) discounted, advance booking required. There some constructions going on which did not negatively affect our stay. I guess they are adding more pools near the Villas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank levi1230
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calamba
Seda Nuvali
#1 of 3 in Pagsanjan
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!