“Worst Resort!”

Monte Vista Hotsprings & Conference Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calamba
Monte Vista Hotsprings & Conference Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Calamba
Makati, Philippines
“Worst Resort!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Place is old (rooms and facilities), dirty, not secured and have non-accommodating staff. Me and my companion came from a long drive and decided to stay here overnight to sleep (since they offer a very affordable price).
Between 3-4am we woke up because the air-con got spattered by water (we think the thief used hose to verify if the guest is not in the room). We turn the air-con off to see if there is something wrong with it then tried reporting it to the reception area (no one answered). When we opened the air-con again it seems that it is working fine. Since we are so tired, we tried to return to sleep though confused about the issue about the air-con. After 30mins our door knob suddenly opened from outside (it’s a good thing we are all in the room and able to secure the second lock). We did not open the door because we got so scared that the thief might hurt us. So we called the reception area for the second time. Someone answered but they did not believed the incident happened. In short they DID NOTHING!!!

Only good thing about our stay is we had a nice breakfast in the morning at Max Restaurant included in their package

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bell V

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very accessible by pubic transport from Manila. While staff service at the front desk was excellent, the rooms were a big dissappointment for its price. Beddings were clean but the room itself was sparsely furnished and not soundproof. Landscaping was non-existant - all concrete and built up to accommodate masses of people! Avoid weekends if you're planning to visit - it gets overcrowded. Pool water gets changed daily so that's a point in it's favor. The adjoining Max's restaurant serves good food and has reasonable prices. Some nice eateries just a short walk along the highway.

If you're looking for a private/quiet weekend away from the city, skip this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leslie G
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this "resort". The first room was dirty, TV did not work, no refrigerator, and lacked hot water. We complained about the hot water and 24 hours later were moved to another room. The second room was slightly better, TV worked, no refrigerator, but had warm water. The only bright spot was that the A/C worked well. The breakfast at Max's restaurant was a steal at P100 per person. I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank m b
Reviewed December 28, 2012

considering it's oldness, i dont recommend this hotel!!! not all pools are available.. the room stinks and the tv is also old, just like their hotel..

although good service from the front desk..but still, we'll not come back here again..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaluis b
Makati City, Philippines
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I go to hot springs Los Banos every two months as we love the volcanic water with all it's mineral content soaking into our bones. We go to this one very secluded resort appropriately called Hidden Springs. It has no food service so we must go to Max's restaurant inside Monte Vista resort, a two minute drive away, which is the topic of this review.

The reason why I feel I can give an objective review at this time is for the following reasons. Max's Fried Chicken Restaurant is located within the Monte Vista complex. Wwe frequent Max's and therfore, by attrition, Monte Vista. You can enter the resort through Max's which is what we usually do so my 5 year old can play on a small plastic slide in a broken down kiddie area while waiting for our fried chicken meal. I've seen the decrepit state of the resort and reminisce about the time 20 years ago when Monte Vista consisted of one big main heated pool and two smaller kiddie pools off to the side, with a dozen or so rentable open cabanas with open charcoal pits to,be used for picnickers to bring their own charcoal and cook their own barbque while enjoying the pools.

Success has this funny way of brining out the best and the worst of people, depending on the character and perhaps upbringing thereof. THat said, today, Monte Vista is a gargantuan resort boasting of 25 pools, all corralled with individual steel fences, locking in occupants from moving at will from,pool to pool. The pools Are built side by side and not one inch of natural grass remains. It is 100 % percent concrete without an exaggeration .

The amusement area is entirely covered with 6 billiard tables with rotting felt on them. 4 ping pong tables in awful condition. A karaoke room, air conditioned but glass partitioned so you can see which patron is belting put the awful tone, masacreing the tune and generally just making. Loud amplified noise. The restaurant is the worst I've ever seen, rickety,tables and chairs and quite frankly, fit for,a beer garden,which indeed is what it now is. A cheap dive serving cheap beer with ice in beer on purpose. I know cause I ordered one while my son delighted Himself on the slide.

Out of curiosity, I asked the front desk if I could see a room for overnight stay with night swimming ncluded. Apparently this ovnight unlimited swimming is very popular and I saw bus loads of Korean tourists cueing up for to,check in. Gosh.. The,rooms are sub standard. I,manage three inns so I know. The air conditions are all old, window types that make a horrific brrrrrr when on. The tap water is all hot, no,cold water as the source is volcanic and,they don't bother to cool it down, or demand for,water is so high that there isn't time to cool it off. The furniture is ratty, the,bed sags in the middle and is way long over,due for replacement. The beddings are tattered and worn. And worst of all, smoking is permitted in Any room so it stinks.

Twenty years ago Monte Vista was charming. I even lived in a private gated subdivision 10 minutes away and would swim in Monte Vista DAILY for my lap exercise. I remember it's simple uncomplicated product and bear witness to how progress, uncontriolled and much a product of greed I suspect, took its toll.

Today, the resort is one massive eyesore, an endless stream of people who can enter for cheap entrance swim fee but get ripped off for P4300 a night at the gaudiest of rooms and generally drink it up with no corkage fee, bring,your own booze and do,what you like laissez faire, sing all night at the karaoke and let it all just go.

It's become that sort of place.... Now about Hidden Springs. We always have it all to ourselves. As in no one knows about it! It's doomed to fail for lack of business.,it's ,,well, too hidden! We love it though... Being and having it all,to ourselves with a two minute drive to Max's for lunch!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank MZINNSGeneralManager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I have been here multiple times, with friends and my partner, this resort has multiple swimming pool to choose from, they have a big slide as well to enjoy but mostly its only open for certain times and days I guess. This is one of the biggest and oldest resort in Calamba Pansol area as I know. They ar hot spring resort and the entrance fee is not that much. But the thing that I could say is their lodging is bit high with the amenities they can offer I think its bit over price for more than 3,000 pesos for a room for over night stay, you could search the Pansol area and you can get a cheaper rate with the same amenities they have or may be even great rooms for that price. One good thing is they are in the main road which is very accesible to every one you could go down direct from the bus comming from Manila to their resort and same thing as well when going back home.

41 Thank mastercooks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calamba
City Of Springs Hotel
Splash Mountain Hotel
#2 of 3 in Los Banos
Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort
Riverview Resort & Conference Center

Been to Monte Vista Hotsprings & Conference Resort? Share your experiences!