My wife and I have just had an amazing holiday at the Iberostar Creta Panorama.
Everything from start to finish was great!
We had a very spacious room next to Maria’s excellent swimming pool bar.
The room, hotel, grounds, staff and all aspects of this beautiful all inclusive resort were perfect.
We relaxed and did very little at first….. The “A” team did not try to coax us into any of the many day and night activities and that was great. We met and in fact became friendly with many of our fellow guests from all over Europe.
The food in all the restaurants was of a constantly high standard , I particularly enjoyed brunch and afternoon tea. Most days we had aperitifs at Georga’s pool bar, she is a delight and makes some excellent cocktails.
The “A” team, Remi, Mihalela, Krassi, Bobby , Stan and all the entertainers worked very hard and with great energy and fun. After several days of kicking back we did take part in several activities, shooting, archery and in particular French Boules. We ; Al, Bex, my wife and I played a wonderful game with 2 French men Tibo and Loren who helped us with the rules.
After dinner we had drinks at the hotel bar or watched the “A” team’s show , which gave us a great laugh. Then at 10.30pm the team ran the disco until 1.30am which I’m proud to say we both enjoyed every night. Although we are an older couple we were made welcome by the staff ( in particular George) and all the younger disco revellers.
The weather was very hot for September around 30 to 35c….we were there from the 7th to the 21st.
Although the resort is not close to much we used the ‘Little Train’ to visit Palormos, a bonny little fishing village about 3 km to the east. Unfortunately - for us all - it broke down on the return journey back to the hotel. The driver was very good and paid for us all to be taxied back. Also on the second Sunday we caught a bus to Rethimnon , well worth a visit. Our goal was to find a bar to watch the big match, all in all a great day as our team won 3.2. The buses are plentiful, some are standard service buses and others are “Hotel” buses for us tourists. On the way there we caught the service bus and on the way back the “Hotel” service which dropped us outside our amazing Hotel.
If you are looking for a high standard Hotel to just relax and kick back, this is for you. On the other hand if you are up for games and more activities such as bingo, darts, table tennis, tennis etc etc then this is the place for you. In fact if you hire a car you could probably explore the whole island in 3 days , and be back for the excellent dinners every night.
Some people said the food was repetitive.…we found Greek, Italian, English, French, Russian in fact we found something enjoyable and different every single meal, do try the puddings - just divine . The burgers are great for lunch as is the Gyros. I could go on and on - but I wont.
To sum up - EXCELLENT- thank you all at the Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If the gods had been on holiday, they would have chosen the IBEROSTAR Creta Panomara & Mare hotel, where everything wonderful about Greece is concentrated in 30,000 m2 of gardens on the Aegean seafront. Stay in this Olympus of luxury and relaxation, where everything is devoted to honour your existence. A stay unlike any other. There are a variety of accommodation choices for one or more people, including rooms on the top floors with privileged views and bungalows of different sizes right on the beachfront. Swim on your own beach. Located in Panormo, the hotel offers direct access to two coves where you can enjoy the Island of Crete and feel truly special amongst mortals. Mediterranean feasts. Cuisine tailored to your every whim, so you can explore the best of Greek and international cuisine in the various bars and restaurants with welcoming atmospheres filled with aromas from around the globe. Swim in a variety of waters. Combine the salty water of the Aegean Sea with the freshwater of the hotel’s six swimming pools, one of which is indoor and another a children’s pool. You can swim in one, and then take a dip in another… Great fun. This is the perfect place to bring your family. Here, the little ones of the family can have a thousand adventures and become real heroes. There are activities for all ages, both in the daytime and evening. Feel worshiped. This is what is special about All Inclusive; the feeling that everything is available to fulfill your wishes. Exquisite service, exclusive access, personalized to your needs… Now you know; at this hotel, you are a god. Celebrate everything, not just that you are on holiday. Your honeymoon, your wedding anniversary, your birthday… At this hotel, let your imagination run free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare Panormos, Crete, Greece